ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross Reference

Such truth is so clarifying, and thank you for making it clear to us on this forum.

Unfortunately, it seems many have not been given new hearts or new ears to hear. . .

If God gave you a new heart, how is it it gets dirty? I should think that if God gives a new heart it can't get dirty.

Cross Reference

Trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is to believe our sins are ALREADY forgiven (Ephesians 4:32 KJV)! Just how many of your trespasses did Christ not die for?

everyday

So what do you do for forgiveness? Christians don't sin.

Cross Reference

Those who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); are saved and sealed! Nothing can touch our salvation!

Romans 8:38-39 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV

But you said you sin everyday!! What is that if not a turning away from God . . .as in "leaving your first love"?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
But I asked you to explain your reasoning behind your particular nuances definitions of hamartia. The conceptualizing and nominalizing through the use of the article are in a general sense, but you have gone much further.

Greek does not have the indefinite article, so why are you still saying 'Greek nouns are ALL anarthrous'?

English speakers misunderstand scripture because the language fails in translation? Unsubstantiated.

Not following your point.

So every one of the English translations we have has failed? Your not even close to substantiating that.

NO, every one of the English translation we have has not failed. Don't blame scripture or its interpretation.

It's the hearts and minds of English-thinkers/speakers that have failed in perception, not knowing the severe limitations and restrictions of their own native first language and its effects on epistemological function (which affects understanding both ontology AND economy, the latter establishing methodology).

You're asking wrong questions with wrong presuppositions from a wrong foundation of epistemological functionality.

Cross Reference

Heir,

You do "nothing" about your sinning everyday, you say?

What does Paul say about the requirement for sins forgiven 'automatically' that doesn't speak of one's presumption upon God's grace but relationship with Him that brings a continual rectification to our soul?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Then you will be challenged, as all Calvinists are, regarding the options for those God did not elect to restore such functionality?

What are their options PPS?

Look and live. And if they do so, it means that by grace God gave them faith and granted them repentance, to believe and repent.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Okay - we don't know the answer.

No... YOU don't know the answer. I'm perpetually communing with God from time into timelessness "before" the divine utterance to create, and proving what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God as exhorted.

I'm hypostatically translated into the Christ, having put Him on by the faith God gave me. Living and moving and having my being in Christ; seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, while I yet physically live in this corrupt mortal body (awaiting, to wit, the resurrection to be clothed upon with immortality and incorruptability).

The answer is to die. Reckon oneself crucified with Christ.

The reason many are unsaved is because God has no communion with them in His foreknowledge in timelessness. You still conceive a time-constrained God, and that election is Deistic and/or Deterministic.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Since believing in God is not righteous conduct then you have created a straw man.

No. You ARE a strawman, with no true hypostasis (underlying reality of existence). You are not in the eternal uncreated "pre"creational Logos of God. You're not communing from time into timelessness by being translated into Christ (who, as the Logos, is resheathed in the scabbard from whence the sword of the Spirit {the Rhema} was drawn. This is topos, the place He went to prepare for "us" [those who believe}.).

You're still presuming there is chronological linearity for God.

That which you say man cannot do is the very thing Paul appeals to men to do.

And those who do have not frustrated grace. Those who don't have frustrated grace.

Your position renders this whole preaching / believing process a charade and leaves man without worth.

No, it's the inverse. Your mind is unrenewed, so you're attempting to constantly apply your will to God's righteousness as the standard for inner character and outer conduct. You can't.

You're looking for some value in yourself to save yourself by some contingent reciprocity with God. It's bargaining. "Hey God, if I can be in a reciprocal contingent agreement of equals that I get to help effect my own salvation with you, then I'll do that. If it means you do it all, then I can't accept a God who is so sovereign and powerful and loving. Keep your gift."

Accept is charitoo. It means to make one the object of one's grace. Man does not make God the object of man's grace; nor does man make himself the object of God's grace. We need to be accepted in the beloved, wherein God makes us the object of His grace.

The focus is spiritual death, into which every member of humanity is born. That's how THE sin gets "in there" (in our nature and our members as the void of "can't-ness"). The focus is not upon THE sin and all that comes from it internally and externally. Sin is just the inevitable byproduct (and the Calvinists emphasize it in ignorance of the mechanics of Anthropology Proper) of spiritual death, just as physical death is the inevitable wages for THE sin (condition).

Without spiritual life, no one can choose God. There is only a latent potential longing, and that's God's grace, too, from the original creation.

Synergism ignores the original functional creation. Whether in the original creation or in the new creation in Christ, ALL functionality of man is given by God. Synergism just ignores the pre-Lapse of man and his original functionality. Calvinists don't know or make it clear that man is "refunctionalized" in the new creation. That's because they don't fully understand the ontological Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that we can lose that position in Christ, we can turn away. As James put it, as a dog returning to its own vomit and a sow wallowing in the mire. We to can turn back to the world and lose our place. Judas is a good example of this. One of the twelve chosen apostles who lost his place because of his lusts for the world.

No one can pluck us out of the father's hand, because if the spirit of him is within us, then nothing of this world can take us away. God is too strong for Satan. But, we can turn from him through our own lusts, and go back to our old ways of the flesh again. In doing so God will remove his spirit.

It's no good being swept and garnished, so that many devil's can enter in, we are to be swept and furnished with the holy spirit within, so that no evil can enter our hearts.

Jesus said that the pharasees were white washed sepulchres full of dead men's bones. Looked the part on the outside, but full of pride, empty and dead within. Gods true people are humble and lowly but full of the strength of the spirit and alive within. That's if we keep our faith, and we obey God. Love him with all our hearts and minds and love our neighbours as ourselves, they who do these things are they who are are truly following Jesus.

The book of James was written to/pertaining to, the scattered tribes of Israel. James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."
What is being said to them does not pertain to us Gentiles.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Born again is resurrection as in Ezeliel 37.
We will be sober if we take not that upon us, which we have not, and if we brag not of that we have.*By faith he meaneth the knowledge of God in Christ, and the gifts which the holy Ghost poureth upon the faithful.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Peter and the rest were preaching the "Kingdom message" to the House of Israel while Paul and his group were preaching the Grace message to the Gentiles.

The difference between the two messages are as follows:

1) The Kingdom message to the Jews: Salvation through faith in Christ plus works.
2) The Grace message to the Gentiles: Salvation through faith alone without works.

You see the Gentiles were NEVER given the law nor were the ever under the law like the Jews. Acts 15:20 Paul agrees to the following restrictions for the Gentile believers. They are: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.