ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles Wings

Hold on there, CR, you are sounding way too mystical for me, claiming that GM knows what I'm thinking about your questions.

Bottom line is, I agree with Tulip Bee, that God called the apostles to saving faith. Period.

So, John 20:22, simply affirms this.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Agreed, when we are talking doctrine of salvation. In the case of CR's question, we also must say that Scripture is not clear as to when they received saving faith, in real time. I am willing to be corrected on this though.
I'm willing to be corrected that is almost both (as it appears to men) but the arminian style teaches is 98% man's effort while the Calvinist teaches is 100% God's effort but what man does happens afterwards like a micro split second after God doing the work. Man's efforts happens so fast that the arminians miss it thinking is mostly men's works while the Calvinist catches it soon Enought and prizes good for saving them.

The correct version is God does all the saving which happens in the beginning but the 'beginning' is a weak word for carnal men that love themselves to much

Cross Reference

You just can't let go, can you? It easier for you to riddicule and place blame on others when you have no answers. I can read you like book. I know what to expect from you. . . .nothing because nothing is always what I have received from you when making any attempt at being civil with you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm willing to be corrected that is almost both (as it appears to men) but the arminian style teaches is 98% man's effort while the Calvinist teaches is 100% God's effort but what man does happens afterwards like a micro split second after God doing the work. Man's efforts happens so fast that the arminians miss it thinking is mostly men's works while the Calvinist catches it soon Enought and prizes good for saving them.

The correct version is God does all the saving which happens in the beginning but the 'beginning' is a weak word for carnal men that love themselves to much

Only "50" Thanks thus far? Man, you're very popular Bee. :cigar:

Eagles Wings

Pretty sure we're on the same page for the most part. Thanks.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You don't know that either??

One's faith is but a part of what he "automatically" receives when is he born. Everyone is born with a "measure" of it. Where or what he places it in is his life long challenge, the battle always against the law . . of his flesh.
That's bad theology! There are no such thing as 99% spiritually dead. 100% spiritually dead is the proper way so God can be sovereign. 99% spiritually dead means theres a loose maverick molecule running loose that runs off chaos leaving God out.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, CR, don't think I don't appreciate your immature comments. I really do. I get a kick out of it when you rant and rave like a guy who just stepped on a rusty nail in his bare feet.

Cross Reference

That's bad theology! There are no such thing as 99% spiritually dead. 100% spiritually dead is the proper way so God can be sovereign. 99% spiritually dead means theres a loose maverick molecule running loose that runs off chaos leaving God out.

Gen 4:26 KJV . .". . . .and men began to call upon the Name of the Lord"

Now, what was that you were saying about man being 100% spiritually dead/

Question: How did man know God as Lord to call Him by His Name? Could they have been sons of God; sons He had groomed to manage themeselves on Earth in righteousness, irrespective of Adam's transgression?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

No son of Adam is born with the virtue of innate faith.

All sons of Adam are born sinners and enemies of God.

It is a real wonder that God chose to save any at all . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Gen 4:26 KJV . .". . . .and men began to call upon the Name of the Lord"

Now, what was that you saying about man being 100% spiritually dead?

The above proves, that God has saved men by grace, since the beginning. These men were part of the Godly lineage that were given the Gospel promise of the "Seed" who would remedy the tragedy of sin, and they were gifted by God, with power and faith to believe in the message . . . Just the same as NT saints!

Status
Not open for further replies.