ECT JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF FOUNDED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Choleric

Categorically refuted in Post #201 above.

You still up to your old tricks after all these years? If I had a nickel for everytime you posted a link as your answer instead of answering, I could retire.

Your cult is taking people to hell crucifruit, time to repent of your dead works and trust Christ. Rom 10:3-5

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
From the link:
And what are the deacons but imitators of the angelic powers, fulfilling a pure and blameless ministry unto him, as the holy Stephen did to the blessed James, Timothy and Linus to Paul, Anencletus and Clement to Peter?
It looks like Linus (along with Timothy) may have been converted by Paul personally, as Cletus/ Anencletus/ Anacletus and Clement were by Peter. So Peter was succeeded by a man who was personally converted to the faith by Paul, and Linus was succeeded by a man who was personally converted by Peter. Intriguing.

Thank you for the link. :e4e:

Choleric

I DID answer---in the post which I cited. Try again.

NO, you referred top a post that had nothing but a link. Post #201 says the following "Here you go".

That is not an answer, that is a link, to a page that would take a person hours to read through and is not the purpose of this forum.

Choleric

And there's your answer.

wow, so we are back where we started....I will say it again:

"After all these years you are still posting links instead of answers. If I had a nickel everytime you had a link answer for you, I could retire."

People don't come here to debate with your tiresome links. People don't have time to plod through your bookshelves. you need to learn to answer for yourself in the body of the post, without links.

Cruciform

wow, so we are back where we started....I will say it again:

"After all these years you are still posting links instead of answers. If I had a nickel everytime you had a link answer for you, I could retire."

People don't come here to debate with your tiresome links. People don't have time to plod through your bookshelves. you need to learn to answer for yourself in the body of the post, without links.
You're not genuinely interested in the answer, then, but are merely looking for others to hold up slogans and platitudes (apparently, that's all this forum is for, according to you) for you to take shots at. If you don't want to read a link, then don't read it. That merely says about you what we already know. But if you really want a full and meaningful answer about Catholic teaching, it's provided in the posts of myself and other Catholics on TOL, sometimes via a link, sometimes not.

(It should also be noted that the link that Choleric is whining about was not directed to him in the first place, but to another member of TOL entirely. Again: If you don't want to read a link, then don't read it.)

Choleric

You're not genuinely interested in the answer, then, but are merely looking for others to hold up slogans and platitudes (apparently, that's all this forum is for, according to you) for you to take shots at. If you don't want to read a link, then don't read it. That merely says about you what we already know. But if you really want a full and meaningful answer about Catholic teaching, it's provided in the posts of myself and other Catholics on TOL, sometimes via a link, sometimes not.

(It should also be noted that the link that Choleric is whining about was not directed to him in the first place, but to another member of TOL entirely. Again: If you don't want to read a link, then don't read it.)

So, next time you spout off about your church, I will post a link to the history of the Christian church, by schaff and if you don't read all 9 volumes, you "just aren't really interested in the answer"

Your point is ridiculous. If you were talking to someone in person, you wouldn't constantly be referring them to a link, you would use words or stand there silent, which is essentially what happens with your links.

Nice try though.

Cruciform

So, next time you spout off about your church, I will post a link to the history of the Christian church, by schaff and if you don't read all 9 volumes, you "just aren't really interested in the answer"
Sorry, but your feeble attempt at an argumentum adsurdum fallacy just isn't going to work, since the sources I provide are hardly nine volumes long, but a mere few pages. Nice try, though.

Your point is ridiculous.
Looks like it's yours that's "ridiculous" (absurd) as is shown above.

Choleric

Sorry, but your feeble attempt at an argumentum adsurdum fallacy just isn't going to work, since the sources I provide are hardly nine volumes long, but a mere few pages. Nice try, though.

You are again lying. That last link was more than a few pages. And my point still stands, which you ignored. If you were talking to a person, in person, you would have to actually speak to them, not constantly refer them to web pages.

Looks like it's yours that's "ridiculous" (absurd) as is shown above.

right. I'm sure you have a link for that too. :rotfl:

Cruciform

You are again lying. That last link was more than a few pages.
Really? Exactly how close was it to NINE VOLUMES ?

If you were talking to a person, in person, you would have to actually speak to them, not constantly refer them to web pages.
I've spoken to plenty of people to whom I've recommended various sources of relevant information when it was pertinent. The genuinely interested and honest ones are grateful and eager to look into the material, and say thank you. The disingenuous and duplicitous ones resort to pedantically whining about having to read something, and to quibbling over trivialities---you know, like you do.

Choleric

Really? Exactly how close was it to NINE VOLUMES ?

You didn't put your "few pages" limitation on until after I posted that. Don't get mad at me for not knowing your unwritten link posting guidelines. :rotfl:

I've spoken to plenty of people to whom I've recommended various sources of relevant information when it was pertinent. The genuinely interested and honest ones are grateful and eager to look into the material, and say thank you. The disingenuous and duplicitous ones resort to pedantically whining about having to read something, and to quibbling over trivialities---you know, like you do.

So someone says, "why do you believe the rcc was started by Jesus Himself?"

Your reply is "I'll give you a link." :AMR:

Surely you are a better conversationalist than that, even you.

It's not that you post links, it's that you ONLY post links in a vast percentage of your posts. It would be one thing if you have a several sentence/paragraph or two answer and then posted a link for those who wanted more information.

But you give nothing but a link. It is not a conversation, it is you link dropping and pretending like you are having a conversation.

Cruciform

So someone says, "why do you believe the rcc was started by Jesus Himself?" Your reply is "I'll give you a link."
If a substantive and accurate answer requires more than a bumper-sticker slogan, then yes. If you're looking for T-shirt theology, you'll have to find someone else to complain to.

In any case, your protracted whining rant has been noted: "I don't LIKE to read! Stop trying to make me THINK!" And my reply is the same as it was earlier: "If you don't like a particular link, don't read it." No one is forcing you to read a single thing on this forum. And I'm done reading these pathetically pedantic posts from you as well.

Last edited:

Choleric

If an substantive and accurate answer requires more than a bumper-sticker slogan, then yes. If you're looking for T-shirt theology, you'll have to find someone else to complain to.

In any case, your protracted whining rant has been noted: "I don't LIKE to read! Stop trying to make me THINK!" And my reply is the same as it was earlier: "If you don't like a particular link, don't read it." No one is forcing you to read a single thing on this forum. And I'm done reading these pathetically pedantic posts from you as well.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The first use of the phrase "Catholic Church" as a technical term to refer to that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D....

That's a false doctrine, Christ brought his ecclesia (church) out of Egypt long before 33 AD.

turbosixx

Thats completely untrue. You won't find anything in JW literature or in the Bible that supports this statement. Jehovahs Witnesses are not robots. If God required robots he would have created them.

Watchtower 10/1/1994 p. 8
All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave.

I've studied with them and been to their bible class once. They are programed and very much like robots.