Nick M's awesome lack of vocabulary

john w

Hall of Fame
"WRONG!!

God alone is good and God alone has the right to Judge His creatures.

There is no scripture that says sinners have the right to judge other sinners. "-Naggie

vs.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106678&page=79

"To each his own, but I would like to know what contributions you think MADists have made to the Truth of the one Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ. . . which they openly deny!

MADists only repeatedly condemn me to hell for my beliefs, so I cannot consider any of them my brothers or sisters in the Lord,
but if you want to claim them, you will have to own them.

The only way to show love to delusional Dispies and hateful MADists (and all gnostics,) is to faithfully, and unceasingly repeat the one true Gospel of Grace within their hearing, and trust that God will save whom He will . . if any of them.

It will be a grande experiment to watch to see how lovingly the MADists respond to your grande gesture . . . "-evil "woman"

You wicked hypocrite, talking out of both sides of your mouth, crying that we "sect" MADists should not judge others' salvation, which contradicts the book, all the while asserting that we "delusional Dispies and hateful MADists (and all gnostics,)" cannot be "consider(ed)" your "brothers or sisters in the Lord," that we allegedly "openly deny" the "Truth of the one Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ. . ." No, you are not judging us, are you two faced Naggie? Which side of that evil face do you want slapped?

"hateful MADists"-crower

The old reliable "accusation of hate" technique? That is your best volley, evil one? Weighty. We are mesmerized, by your shining brilliance, like your father, the devil.

I know, I know....Bah, as you crow...........

john w

Hall of Fame
I wonder how Nick would react if anyone ever called his wife a "hag?"....

My husband reacted to my being called hateful names early, when I first joined TOL...My protecter and Godly spouse, is not allowed on TOL.)

No, you don't name call, do you, actress? You hypocrite-even you know it.

Perhaps he is not one of "the elect?" Ask him.

So there.

glorydaz

"WRONG!!

There is no scripture that says sinners have the right to judge other sinners. "-Naggie

vs.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106678&page=79

"To each his own, but I would like to know what contributions you think MADists have made to the Truth of the one Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ. . . which they openly deny!

MADists only repeatedly condemn me to hell for my beliefs, so I cannot consider any of them my brothers or sisters in the Lord,
but if you want to claim them, you will have to own them.

The only way to show love to delusional Dispies and hateful MADists (and all gnostics,) is to faithfully, and unceasingly repeat the one true Gospel of Grace within their hearing, and trust that God will save whom He will . . if any of them.

It will be a grande experiment to watch to see how lovingly the MADists respond to your grande gesture . . . "-evil "woman"

You wicked hypocrite, talking out of both sides of your mouth, crying that we "sect" MADists should not judge others' salvation, which contradicts the book, all the while asserting that we "delusional Dispies and hateful MADists (and all gnostics,)" cannot be "consider(ed)" your "brothers or sisters in the Lord," that we allegedly "openly deny" the "Truth of the one Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ. . ." No, you are not judging us, are you two faced Naggie? Which side of that evil face do you want slapped?

"hateful MADists"-crower

The old reliable "accusation of hate" technique? That is your best volley, evil one? Weighty. We are mesmerized, by your shining brilliance, like your father, the devil.

I know, I know....Bah, as you crow...........

:e4e:

glorydaz

So at this point you're still finishing up the whole prefrontal cortex business and are much more emotionally stimulated and influenced in terms of decisions than you will be in a few years.

They mostly aren't at all. Your problem is that you possess the deadly combination of youth and intelligence without sufficient perspective to know how to value it or others. A great deal of what you think you understand now will probably only embarrass you later. The good news is those of us who've lived rings around you and have used the time well enough will tend to smile at you when you write something like that.

It could happen. Or you could resemble John the Beloved. It depends on how wisely you use your future.

You're too young to have a meaningful sample. Like trying to predict the weather by looking at a decade.

I think it will be interesting to see what you think about any of this in, say, twenty or thirty years.

God bless all of us, young and less so. :e4e:

:thumb:

glorydaz

I wonder how Nick would react if anyone ever called his wife a "hag?"

Golly, I'm betting like most adults, Nick wouldn't take it personally.

Did you ever hear that old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"? Perhaps, instead of "reacting", you should be asking yourself why you are so easily offended. Why you are so disgustingly proud that what someone calls you on an internet forum would bring out the hag in you. What makes you obsess over your image....that you should worship at your own altar is a very sad thing, indeed.

Christian Liberty

So at this point you're still finishing up the whole prefrontal cortex business and are much more emotionally stimulated and influenced in terms of decisions than you will be in a few years.

They mostly aren't at all. Your problem is that you possess the deadly combination of youth and intelligence without sufficient perspective to know how to value it or others. A great deal of what you think you understand now will probably only embarrass you later. The good news is those of us who've lived rings around you and have used the time well enough will tend to smile at you when you write something like that.

It could happen. Or you could resemble John the Beloved. It depends on how wisely you use your future.

You're too young to have a meaningful sample. Like trying to predict the weather by looking at a decade.

I think it will be interesting to see what you think about any of this in, say, twenty or thirty years.

Town, you're hardly "normal" for this website. You're probably one of those who is more intelligent than me, despite our disagreements. You certainly qualify as intelligent. And, while I don't know your doctrine that well, nor your personal life outside of the forums, I would say that I believe your demeanor on these forums is more Christian than most here. Myself included.

Now, this isn't to deny that I have some serious disagreements with you regarding how we view the world, nor is that to say that I think all of those disagreements are minor. I happen to think your ideology of (more or less) political utilitarianism and secularism is quite dangerous. But at least your response to me saying something like that would be to discuss it with me rather than telling me I am going to Hell or that I'm evil or some such. I tend to reserve my intelligent words for the intelligent, which is why I tend to insult people like Nick or Grosnick but not so much people like you or AMR or other intelligent people when we don't agree. (For what its worth, Nang and I disagreeing isn't actually all that common, hence why I didn't mention her here.)

So, however you may react to my initial post, it really wasn't about you.

Christian Liberty

Golly, I'm betting like most adults, Nick wouldn't take it personally.

LOL! Are you joking here?

Nick doesn't act like an adult ever.

I can't stand overly sensitive people in general, but Nang is being attacked by pretty much all corners. Frankly it doesn't "hurt" me when people do this, it just makes me laugh at the stupidity of the people who are doing it. I'm guessing Nang is more frustrated at the blindness than personally offended. I also do not doubt for a second that she would forgive any here who repented.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

What a pompous prig you prove to be . . .

CL has more Godly wisdom and insight in his few years, than you may ever garner.

Christian Liberty

CL has more Godly wisdom and insight in his few years, than you may ever garner.

I don't agree with everything Town said (I rarely do) but at least he said them in a respectful manner. I think I'm probably at least as pompous as he is. I mean, I did pretty much say I was smarter than everyone else here;)

Mind you, I can't really stand appeals to age like this no matter WHO does them...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think that's a remarkably unfounded, hostile and immature thing for someone of your or any substantive years to write. And it's telling that you interject that sort of purely personal attack without any provocation. I wasn't insulting him and I wasn't speaking of or to you.

This is what I see as your problem in a nutshell. You don't see clearly, or your emotional process distorts your judgment to a dangerous degree.

All I said to the fellow who had finished calling most people stupid and evil is that he'll outgrow that sort of thing if he uses his life well. I like the kid. You...you're a trial for me. But I love you anyway.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't agree with everything Town said (I rarely do) but at least he said them in a respectful manner. I think I'm probably at least as pompous as he is. I mean, I did pretty much say I was smarter than everyone else here;)

Mind you, I can't really stand appeals to age like this no matter WHO does them...

TH rarely exhibits any theology proper, so he has no right to criticize you, especially on the basis of age, when you confess foundational and biblical knowledge far beyond any of his grasp.

glorydaz

TH rarely exhibits any theology proper, so he has no right to criticize you, especially on the basis of age, when you confess foundational and biblical knowledge far beyond any of his grasp.

And why has Nang's tune changed about TH?

Because he dared to say he didn't know much about her or where she lived....something like that. Nang was so offended she cried like a baby and left the forum for a time. He hurt her little feelings...she was not as special as she thought she was. Nang, you are a real hoot and a half. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
TH rarely exhibits any theology proper,
Not true, but it is true that I mostly prefer to listen to and read people with a great deal more reflection and background on the subject. It may be a novel approach in forum life, but it's a habit I learned from my grandfather.

so he has no right to criticize you
I haven't said anything about his theological understanding. I was speaking to how he valued people. And I'm qualified on that point as any.

I'll add you to her next so I can answer both at once.
...I can't really stand appeals to age like this no matter WHO does them...
especially on the basis of age
It's a rational analysis of the value of time, if used well. It is demonstrably true that time has value, that the intelligent application of ourselves to it leads to a broader understanding of life.

It would be a tragedy for someone to hold the same understanding at forty that he did at fifteen or twenty. Even if he possesses the fundamental truth the experience of its application will mark and should change him.

Or, unless CL feels that he's as learned and encompassing now as he will be in those twenty or thirty years, he has to rationally concede my point, like it or not.

when you confess foundational and biblical knowledge far beyond any of his grasp.
You can't say that on the one hand I don't hold forth and then on the other qualify what I do or don't possess on a thing. Well, you can't do it rationally...but as illuminating personal and emotional statements go it's helpful.

Christian Liberty

I think that's a remarkably unfounded, hostile and immature thing for someone of your or any substantive years to write. And it's telling that you interject that sort of purely personal attack without any provocation. I wasn't insulting him and I wasn't speaking of or to you.

This is what I see as your problem in a nutshell. You don't see clearly, or your emotional process distorts your judgment to a dangerous degree.

All I said to the fellow who had finished calling most people stupid and evil is that he'll outgrow that sort of thing if he uses his life well. I like the kid. You...you're a trial for me. But I love you anyway.

In the short term, for better or worse, I only get more cynical and frustrated as I get older.

john w

Hall of Fame

Stop the "name calling," cries Naggie, the Academy Award winner of TOL!!!

vs.

"What a pompous prig you prove to be . . "-Naggie

Which side of your face would that be, that needs being slapped?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not true, but it is true that I mostly prefer to listen to and read people with a great deal more reflection and background on the subject. It may be a novel approach in forum life, but it's a habit I learned from my grandfather.

I haven't said anything about his theological understanding. I was speaking to how he valued people. And I'm qualified on that point as any.

I'll add you to her next so I can answer both at once.

It's a rational analysis of the value of time, if used well. It is demonstrably true that time has value, that the intelligent application of ourselves to it leads to a broader understanding of life.

It would be a tragedy for someone to hold the same understanding at forty that he did at fifteen or twenty. Even if he possesses the fundamental truth the experience of its application will mark and should change him.

Or, unless CL feels that he's as learned and encompassing now as he will be in those twenty or thirty years, he has to rationally concede my point, like it or not.

You can't say that on the one hand I don't hold forth and then on the other qualify what I do or don't possess on a thing. Well, you can't do it rationally...but as illuminating personal and emotional statements go it's helpful.

It could always be your put-downs have nothing to do with religion or age at all, but are simply knee jerks from a Liberal against a Libertarian. Think?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In the short term, for better or worse, I only get more cynical and frustrated as I get older.
I understand. What I'm saying is that it's far too early to call trends.

But beyond that as a Christian you know God values you no more or less than he does many of those average people you're disparaging...so I'd say when you find yourself holding people in contempt while understanding the God who dwarfs you does not, but rather loves and cherishes them then you might want to revisit your valuation and judgment and recognize the possibility that your attitude and cynicism could be a sin to be warred with and not indulged or considered inescapable.

bybee

If you are a saint, then it is your responsibility. And we are not talking about those that are lost, but TOL. Everybody here knows the good news of salvation. Those here reject it and pervert it hoping others will be pulled from the faith.

You are an idiot if you think they don't know the gospel after being here.

I don't believe I have ever stated that someone doesn't know the gospel?
And I do not consider myself to be an idiot.

glorydaz

LOL! Are you joking here?

Nick doesn't act like an adult ever.

I can't stand overly sensitive people in general, but Nang is being attacked by pretty much all corners. Frankly it doesn't "hurt" me when people do this, it just makes me laugh at the stupidity of the people who are doing it. I'm guessing Nang is more frustrated at the blindness than personally offended. I also do not doubt for a second that she would forgive any here who repented.

You'd better stop guessing, sonny boy. It isn't working out any better than your serious thinking. Nang is mad because we don't bow down and worship all that nonsense that comes out of her mouth. Is that too simple for a great mind like yours? Perhaps you should forget about school and try driving a truck or digging a ditch. Get in touch with reality....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WRONG!!

1 Corinthians 6

3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

That doesn't apply to you, as you are outside the faith.

There is no scripture that says sinners have the right to judge other sinners.

So what. I am not a sinner. I am Holy and without blame. Because of what the Lord Jesus Christ did on my behalf.

Vengeance is Mine, says the Lord.

That is about government you idiot.

TOL regulars, regularly preach a false gospel, and that is why there is disturbance from the sons of God on TOL, who oppose TOL's false teachings.

I would ban you. Just like thequackisnext.