ECT The Mystery: What and Why

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Every time Danoh is presented with scripture that proves him wrong, he tries to switch the dialog into a conversation about psyscology.

Danoh has no explanation for Luke 19:44. He claims Israel has a "prophetic clock" (found nowhere in the Bible, invented by Darby), that God put on hold.

The problem with Danoh's clock theory is the prophecies for the destruction of the temple and city for the Jews and Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70AD.

Danoh can't explain why, so he starts with all his "books based" rubbish to distract from the fact that he can't defend Darby's (and his) clock theory.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He was pretty much spot on till he spun off into his non-scriptural invention of explaining what a dispensation was.

Yep.

I didn't expect much from a website that lists the following things they believe "About Us":

"The pre-tribulation RAPTURE of the church. 1 Thes. 4:14-17.

The personal, pre-millennial RETURN OF CHRIST to reign on earth."

Then again, I didn't expect Danoh the Darby Follower to quote from anything but a Dispensational website.

Danoh

Nope.

You are a "modeler". The only problem is your model is John Nelson Darby.

Where have I ever denied Darby?

I never have.

Where his model matches the Bible's Mid-Acts Model, I have no problem with it.

Likewise where the Preterist model matches the Bible's or any other model does, for that matter.

You are just being you - the same old "one size fits all" buffoon you always are.

Anyway, if you say I follow John Nelson Darby, then so be it. In some aspects I do.

In one aspect or another, all do.

Read that statement slowly. Quit being such a self-willed mindless drone. You are better than that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, he did. Did he say what year this culmination would be complete?

He said the culmination of the ages has come upon US

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Also, Paul is comparing his generation with the Exodus Generation (them) in that passage.

Which once again shows the Exodus Generation and First Century Generation both lasted 40 years, and both entered a Promised Land, one physical, one spiritual.

Danoh

The verse confirms the return of Christ Jesus in 70AD

If you disagree tell us what Paul is saying in that Verse?

Wow, a new (per) version of the Bible "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh," Matt. 25:13, but Paul...

Yeah, ok...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh," Matt. 25:13, but Paul...

Once again, your ignorance of the OT is on display.

Knowing not the day or hour is a reference to the Feast of Trumpets.

The Feast of Trumpets is the only feast day that begins on a new moon, the others start on full moons.

The day before the Feast of Trumpets was the darkest day of the month.

The Sanhedrin would send two witnesses to look for the new moon. Sometimes they wouldn't see it until the next night. Therefore, no one knew for sure which day or hour they would see the new sliver of a moon. When they saw it, they reported back to the Sanhedrin, and then the trumpets were blown.

Paul knew the prophecies that Christ Jesus had given in Matt 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. Therefore, Paul knew the day was approaching. Paul knew that he and his contemporaries were living in the culmination of the ages, and that the culmination of the ages would occur during their lifetimes.

Here's a pic of what a new moon looks like:

young_moon.jpeg

Danoh

Once again, your ignorance of the OT is on display.

Knowing not the day or hour is a reference to the Feast of Trumpets.

The Feast of Trumpets is the only feast day that begins on a new moon, the others start on full moons.

The day before the Feast of Trumpets was the darkest day of the month.

The Sanhedrin would send two witnesses to look for the new moon. Sometimes they wouldn't see it until the next night. Therefore, no one knew for sure which day or hour they would see the new sliver of a moon. When they saw it, they reported back to the Sanhedrin, and then the trumpets were blown.

Paul knew the prophecies that Christ Jesus had given in Matt 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. Therefore, Paul knew the day was approaching. Paul knew that he and his contemporaries were living in the culmination of the ages, and that the culmination of the ages would occur during their lifetimes.

Here's a pic of what a new moon looks like:

young_moon.jpeg

Let me see; now where's that video where Tet's buddy goes on, and on, and on...

...and on...

O my lord, you have replaced GT as the energizer bunny...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you think I think about that and why - give me the verses I base my answer to that question on?

Here is a clue - watch you get it wrong :rotfl:

Why don't you explain yourself, instead of always playing games?

Here is what you said:
Wow, a new (per) version of the Bible "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh," Matt. 25:13, but Paul...

Your failure to understand what "no one knows the day or hour" means is probably why you are so confused.

But, you can tell us yourself.

Danoh

Why don't you explain yourself, instead of always playing games?

Here is what you said:

Your failure to understand what "no one knows the day or hour" means is probably why you are so confused.

But, you can tell us yourself.

Now you sound like some others on here - not only DEMANDING an explanation, but knowing full well your own mind is already made up against whatever that explanation may turn out to be.

You need to shift to attempting to explore differences in understanding; allowing each the grace to be where they are.

Instead, you allow yourself to set off/be tempted into these dog eat dog fights that have nothing in them of the gospel of the grace of God in ANY way, shape, or form.

Not that I have not gone there myself.

But really, it does not help what ever your true cause may be; if - it is an honorble one (God knoweth).

Do yourself a favor - quit going and or allowing yourself to be taken there.

You have been called to better than that, if, you are no longer a lost "Gentile carried away by" such dumb "idols, even as you were led" by your own hand.

You want a defense? There it is - your testimony in the face of opposition no matter its form.

I still won't agree with you on much until persuaded otherwise. But at least you'll have conducted yourself in a manner "as becometh the gospel of Christ" you assert you hold to.

What say you? You up for this challenge "in remembrance of Him.. in the face" of whomever is not?

2Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD. 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

The best to you in that...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now you sound like some others on here - not only DEMANDING an explanation, but knowing full well your own mind is already made up against whatever that explanation may turn out to be.

Danoh, TOL is a theology forum. We are here to discuss/debate theology.

As for my mind "made up", I joined TOL in 2007 and was a Dispensationalist here for about 4 years. Then I changed my mind, and am no longer a Dispensationalist because of the dialog here on TOL.

There are very, very few here on TOL that have changed like I did.

So, you are wrong when you say my mind is made up. I am proof of someone who changed their mind.

I joined the same year STP did. STP is not one bit different today then he was in 2007. STP is someone who's mind is made up, not me.

If you are going to make statements, but don't like the questions that follow, then you probably shouldn't be here.

Danoh

Danoh, TOL is a theology forum. We are here to discuss/debate theology.

As for my mind "made up", I joined TOL in 2007 and was a Dispensationalist here for about 4 years. Then I changed my mind, and am no longer a Dispensationalist because of the dialog here on TOL.

There are very, very few here on TOL that have changed like I did.

So, you are wrong when you say my mind is made up. I am proof of someone who changed their mind.

I joined the same year STP did. STP is not one bit different today then he was in 2007. STP is someone who's mind is made up, not me.

If you are going to make statements, but don't like the questions that follow, then you probably shouldn't be here.

Big difference between asking and demanding.

As for STP, or whomever, well, that's on him.

He and some of his basically ignore my posts. Perhaps you'd do well to follow suit, as I neither adhere to any club, nor side with anyone on any issue I do not agree with in some way.

And I do not agree that anyone has the right to demand I answer them or hold their exact view for fellowship with them.

You ought to know that of me by now.

The best to you in this.