Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

alwight said:
I would be grateful if you didn't fabricate what I believe.*
Clearly I don't believe that chimps turned into humans

Clearly you don't... However you do believe that monkeys can become a man :)

Alwight...I think I know and understand what you believe quite well. Michael just simplified it. You believe that man and apes evolved from a common ancestor. But your indignation at the way Michael simplified it is silly.

George Gaylord Simpson says you are ***** footing with your terminology " on this subject, by the way, there has been way too much ***** footing. Apologist emphasize that man cannot be a descendant of any living ape, a statement that is obvious to the verge of imbecility, and go on to state or imply that man is not really descended from an ape or monkey at all, but from an earlier common ancestor. In fact, that earlier ancestor would certainly be called an ape or a monkey in popular speech by anyone who saw it. Since the terms apes and monkeys are defined by popular usage, man's ancestors were apes or monkeys. It is pusillanimous (cowardly) if not dishonest for an informed investigator to say otherwise".

So... Michael... if you wish, you are correct in using layman terms ssying that evolutionists believe monkeys or apes evolved into men. You have it on good authority even from Darwin. :)

** haha.... it looks like TOL has censured it

Hedshaker

I'm saving this post, just in case you ever pick anyone else up for posting, what you deem to be, a strawman post.

You are the queen of the strawman and this proves it.

6days

alwight said:
Obviously YECs cannot falsify Darwin's theory of evolution

The 'theory' can't be falsified. It is like a dense fog that can cover any terrain. For example evolutionists think both good and bad design supports their 'theory'.*

But that aside....most of what Darwin said has been proved wrong by science.

6days

I'm saving this post, just in case you ever pick anyone else up for posting, what you deem to be, a strawman post.

You are the queen of the strawman and this proves it.

Haha...you then will be guilty of quote mining. I better save ALL of my quote so i can correct you in the future.

gcthomas

The 'theory' can't be falsified.

If fossils of different ages were mixed up in all rocks, just like your fantasy flood predicts and evolution doesn't, then that would have falsified evolution.

I'm still waiting for that Jurassic rabbit fossil...

Hedshaker

So... Michael... if you wish, you are correct in using layman terms ssying that evolutionists believe monkeys or apes evolved into men. You have it on good authority even from Darwin. :)

Nonsense. Having a common ancestor is nothing like a monkey turning into a human.

Do you believe a wolf turned into corgi?

Jose Fly

Nonsense. Having a common ancestor is nothing like a monkey turning into a human.

Do you believe a wolf turned into corgi?

But....but....he has a quote! Don't you understand that 6days' quotes are the final and last say on this issue, and we're all supposed to bow down to their authority? :chuckle:

6days

If fossils of different ages were mixed up in all rocks, just like your fantasy flood predicts and evolution doesn't, then that would have falsified evolution.

I'm still waiting for that Jurassic rabbit fossil...
Strawawman... The global flood model does not predict everything mixed together. It does however predict that complex and sophisticated design be evident along with sudden appearance.

Hedshaker

But....but....he has a quote! Don't you understand that 6days' quotes are the final and last say on this issue, and we're all supposed to bow down to their authority? :chuckle:

I would now be expecting the assertion that a wolf and a corgi are both canines but an ape and a human are different, somehow.

But no, humans and apes are of the same species, as are wolves and corgis. Unless he can show clear evidence otherwise.

Hedshaker

Strawawman....

Please shut up about the strawman.

Alwight...I think I know and understand what you believe quite well. Michael just simplified it. You believe that man and apes evolved from a common ancestor. But your indignation at the way Michael simplified it is silly.

George Gaylord Simpson says you are ***** footing with your terminology " on this subject, by the way, there has been way too much ***** footing. Apologist emphasize that man cannot be a descendant of any living ape, a statement that is obvious to the verge of imbecility, and go on to state or imply that man is not really descended from an ape or monkey at all, but from an earlier common ancestor. In fact, that earlier ancestor would certainly be called an ape or a monkey in popular speech by anyone who saw it. Since the terms apes and monkeys are defined by popular usage, man's ancestors were apes or monkeys. It is pusillanimous (cowardly) if not dishonest for an informed investigator to say otherwise".

** haha.... it looks like TOL has censured it

Please produce a quote where Al said he believes that monkeys can become a man

alwight

Why on earth should I just accept that chimps evolved into humans when clearly that isn't true?
I really don't care if you like to think it was a simplification rather than being imo totally inaccurate and wilfully ignorant, even if accuracy based on genuine facts and evidence is perhaps more of a hindrance to you and your YEC beliefs. But unlike you I don't choose to deny physical reality in favour of your supposed miraculous alternative version.

alwight

The 'theory' can't be falsified. It is like a dense fog that can cover any terrain. For example evolutionists think both good and bad design supports their 'theory'.*

But that aside....most of what Darwin said has been proved wrong by science.
Nonsense, if it cannot in reality be falsified then that's because it is true, not because there aren't plenty of ways of falsifying it if it were false.

6days

alwight said:
Why on earth should I just accept that chimps evolved into humans when clearly that isn't true?*
Good question..... you shouldn't accept that. Neither should you accept that they share a common ancestor.

alwight said:
I really don't care if you like to think it was a simplification rather than being imo totally inaccurate and wilfully ignorant, even if accuracy based on genuine facts and evidence is perhaps more of a hindrance to you and your YEC beliefs.
Well I think you are getting bent out of shape over terminology. As Gaylord Simpson said, the common ancestor would be referred to as an ape or a monkey. Michael was not technically correct using the word chimp, but we both understood what he meant......monkey (monkey like creature) *to man beliefs.*

6days

Hedshaker said:
6days said:
It would seem that through selective breeding and loss of pre-existing genetic info that corgis are descendants of wolves.
So difference is, one is natural evolution and the other is artificial evolution, right?
What are you on about? Do you mean natural selection and artificial selection? Those are part of observational and empirical science. (And part of the Biblical creationist model of rapid adaptation)

alwight

Good question..... you shouldn't accept that. Neither should you accept that they share a common ancestor.
Your ability to make rational conclusions from real facts and evidence is imo sadly lacking 6days. Sadly too it seems you are only interested in adherence to an ancient scripture literally, not in being led by evidence and reasoning.

Well I think you are getting bent out of shape over terminology. As Gaylord Simpson said, the common ancestor would be referred to as an ape or a monkey. Michael was not technically correct using the word chimp, but we both understood what he meant......monkey (monkey like creature) *to man beliefs.*
Being fast and loose with facts and evidence may be the YEC way but it isn't mine 6days. Your attempts to muddy the waters is actually quite funny, but chimpanzees are specific modern creatures not a generic term for primates past or present. But I actually wasn't complaining about the word "monkey" since that is not particularly specific, it's you who seems to be wanting to dishonestly conflate the two.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your ability to make rational conclusions from real facts and evidence is imo sadly lacking 6days. Sadly too it seems you are only interested in adherence to an ancient scripture literally, not in being led by evidence and reasoning.

Being fast and loose with facts and evidence may be the YEC way but it isn't mine 6days. Your attempts to muddy the waters is actually quite funny, but chimpanzees are specific modern creatures not a generic term for primates past or present. But I actually wasn't complaining about the word "monkey" since that is not particularly specific, it's you who seems to be wanting to dishonestly conflate the two.
So says the alwight that runs from any facts presented because... CONSENSUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.