Why I'm not Calvinist

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most religions claim that they believe that Salvation is from Christ and something that they did not earn, but nevertheless they believe they had to do something to receive it ! Don't you believe that ?

No I don't believe that. I already told you. So stop telling lies about open theism.

bsmitts

Most religions claim that they believe that Salvation is from Christ and something that they did not earn, but nevertheless they believe they had to do something to receive it ! Don't you believe that ?

Faith in Christ is how one is saved. Faith isn't earned. Faith comes from God, but it can be resisted. Isn't it more plausible to understand that God offers the gift of faith to even they who resist it? If you say God doesn't even offer some the gift of faith, then that person NEVER had a chance. Many will tell Jesus all the many WORKS they did in his name someday, and he will profess unto them "I never knew you." Why? Because they trusted in their works. Faith isn't works.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
It's simple. For me, it generates doubt instead of faith.

Why don't you first admit that you don't know anything about the subject. That in itself would put you ahead of 98% of the Posters.

Next you could start with something simple like the alphabet. That is much better than trying to learn Shakespeare before you tried to find out where Spot and Jane went.

Another good study would be to add up all the ideas that people like Pate, inner pool, Bright raven, and the closed minded open deists have ripped off of John Calvin.

Truster

Salvation!

I have this rule.

Any doctrine that glorifies The Messiah in salvation is true and of the Holy Spirit.

''Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.''

Any doctrine that gives power, honour or glory to man in salvation is not of the Spirit of Truth, but is earthly and definitively demonic.

As John has admonished us*, ''test the spirits''.

Us* Redeemed, repentant sinners.

Truster

Notice how the accursed never quote scripture when they say things like this.

There are two scriptures in my statement. Just because you are ignorant of the scriptures you make false statements. There was someone on here that recognised the scriptures in what I write, but you are blind and she is gone.

I sometimes point to the scriptures when it is necessary, but on other occasions, it's so obvious that I know for an absolute fact that those that hear the Voice of Messiah, will recognise the words of Messiah. You never do.

Truster

John 9:39 says basically the same thing because Jesus perceived that they didn't get it the first time. He clarified.

So accuracy is of no importance to you? ''Get thee behind me.....you have in mind the things of men and not Elohim''.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Faith in Christ is how one is saved. Faith isn't earned.

Exactly. So when B57 talks about me teaching that one has to do something to be saved he has entirely the wrong end of the stick. He would do well to check with open theists what they believe before he goes off spouting falsehoods.

Faith comes from God, but it can be resisted. Isn't it more plausible to understand that God offers the gift of faith to even they who resist it? If you say God doesn't even offer some the gift of faith, then that person NEVER had a chance. Many will tell Jesus all the many WORKS they did in his name someday, and he will profess unto them "I never knew you." Why? Because they trusted in their works. Faith isn't works.
It's plausible enough. I would say faith is our response to God when we trust him. But it would in no way be possible to have such faith if it were not for Christ because saving faith is by definition faith in Christ and the gift of faith is faith in Christ the gift. That is why we say that faith comes from God. It isn't that God somehow makes us believe, but it is that he gives us something to believe in. Faith is not of course mere words, the mere recital of a prayer, but it is a trust in God and a life choice to follow Jesus as Lord.

B57 is only one of many who keep accusing us of salvation by works because they make out that our believing is a work that supposedly merits salvation. It's an outright lie because all we are doing is receiving what was offered as a gift. At some point we have to receive that gift, regardless of whether we are Calvinists or Open Theists. The Calvinists want to say that God forces salvation upon us such that we have no involvement at all and that faith comes as a result of that forcing. All this does, is to deny the nature of Christ's salvation as gift. Because no gift is forced upon anyone.

bsmitts

Exactly. So when B57 talks about me teaching that one has to do something to be saved he has entirely the wrong end of the stick. He would do well to check with open theists what they believe before he goes off spouting falsehoods.

It's plausible enough. I would say faith is our response to God when we trust him. But it would in no way be possible to have such faith if it were not for Christ because saving faith is by definition faith in Christ. That is why we say that faith comes from God. It isn't that God somehow makes us believe, but it is that he gives us something to believe in. Faith is not of course mere words, the mere recital of a prayer, but it is a trust in God and a life choice to follow Jesus as Lord.

B57 is only one of many who keep accusing us of salvation by works because they make out that our believing is a work that supposedly merits salvation. It's an outright lie because all we are doing is receiving what was offered as a gift. At some point we have to receive that gift, regardless of whether we are Calvinists or Open Theists. The Calvinists want to say that God forces salvation upon us such that we have no involvement at all and that faith comes as a result of that forcing. All this does, is to deny the nature of Christ's salvation as gift. Because no gift is forced upon anyone.

Well, It's like Adam and Eve. God knew that they would disobey, but they couldn't disobey until there was something God told them that they could disobey. God may know that some will not accept his gift, but how can they choose what not to accept when it is not even offered?

bsmitts

Why don't you first admit that you don't know anything about the subject. That in itself would put you ahead of 98% of the Posters.

Next you could start with something simple like the alphabet. That is much better than trying to learn Shakespeare before you tried to find out where Spot and Jane went.

Another good study would be to add up all the ideas that people like Pate, inner pool, Bright raven, and the closed minded open deists have ripped off of John Calvin.

You say closed minded like it's a bad thing. Are you open minded and open to other ideas and beliefs? For your sake, I certainly hope so.

bsmitts

Yes, God is the Cause of them believing a lie which leads to their condemnation,
and all according to His Perfect Will 2 Thes. 2:11-12; Prov. 16:4!

~~~~~

You're taking Proverbs 16:4 out of context. It doesn't say God made the wicked. It say's God made the wicked for HIMSELF for the day of doom, meaning He's going to take care of them nice and proper.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Well, It's like Adam and Eve. God knew that they would disobey, but they couldn't disobey until there was something God told them that they could disobey. God may know that some will not accept his gift, but how can they choose what not to accept when it is not even offered?

The basis of electing was done by God alone and has nothing to do with foreknowledge of a sinner's ability to believe, none believed not even one.

If predestination to glorification were determined upon the merit of our choice then God owed it to us to elect us since we take the first step in receiving the gift of salvation.