ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Instead of figuring out systems, what is Acts 13's sermon about?

That Christ Jesus is the fulfillment of all the promises.

(Acts 13:32-33) “We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors 33 he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus.....

Despite what Paul said above, Darby followers claim Abraham still has to get some land in the Middle East.

Danoh

Tel, you mentioned some MADs on here assert 1948 was the fulfillment of Prophecy - who were you referring to; I know I don't hold to that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tel, you mentioned some MADs on here assert 1948 was the fulfillment of Prophecy - who were you referring to; I know I don't hold to that.

There are a few.

Angel4Truth and Bright Raven are two MADists who claim 1948 was the fulfillment of prophecy.

I once made a post showing all the TOL MADists who claim 1948 was the fulfillment of prophecy (there were about 3 or 4 others), but I can't find anything anymore with this new TOL. The search function doesn't work like the old one, and a lot of threads and posts don't exist anymore.

ClimateSanity

You're not very smart are you?

You reported me for saying "fallible man" in Latin. You told me to stop saying "fallible", so I said it in Latin.

That's what "fallitur homo" means in Latin.

You should probably research things before accusing me of calling you a homo.

I 'm done replying to your posts.

Thank God!!!!!!

Hey madists everywhere. Just corner tetty and don't back off. Be relentless in getting him to see his dishonesty and contradictions. Don't let him change the subject. If he goes off into a lecture, don't acknowledge that you even heard what he said. Just dog him and dog him relentlessly. It's a bit like what he does to us. Eventually, he will cry uncle and stop responding to you.

ClimateSanity

You reported me for saying "fallible man" in Latin. You told me to stop saying "fallible", so I said it in Latin.

And you still won't stop using the word fallible in a deceitful way. What good did your little Latin stunt do besides an attempt to make yourself look scholarly?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is what it means. You admitted to believing in Abraham's bosom.

Abraham's bosom existed until 70AD.

That was good enough for you to believe our body-less spirits hung out there.

I never said body-less spirits hung out there.

Please address that. You are making fun of a body-less spirit but you believe that!

1 Cor 15 tells us there are two kinds of bodies.

I think you are confusing a spiritual body with a spirit that has no body.

The scripture plainly tell us we have a spirit that lives on after the death of our body.

Spirit, or spiritual body?

A spirit, or a body that is spiritual?

That's what I'm asking you?

I will tell you what---at the RESURRECTION from the dead when Jesus comes again we will receive a body that is spiritual.

Let's use the Apostle Paul as an example.

According to you, when Paul died almost 2,000 years ago, he has been a spirit without a body? Is that what you are claiming?

However, we still have a body-less spirit until then.

What is a body-less spirit?

Is that what you are claiming Paul has had for almost 2,000 years?

And, where is Paul's body-less spirit at?

Danoh

By the way, thanks for the answer on MADS and 1948. It appears there was a thread called "Prophecy Fulfilled May 14, 1948."

At least that is what I found when I googled "theologyonline .com forums 1948."

Problem is, the three or four MADS you mentioned about out of all the MADS on TOL does not a consensus make.

Still, thanks for answering.

whitestone

There are a few.

Angel4Truth and Bright Raven are two MADists who claim 1948 was the fulfillment of prophecy.

I once made a post showing all the TOL MADists who claim 1948 was the fulfillment of prophecy (there were about 3 or 4 others), but I can't find anything anymore with this new TOL. The search function doesn't work like the old one, and a lot of threads and posts don't exist anymore.

I myself went through an long drawn out process of detailing the descriptions of the mark of the beast to you. Why was because you said it was Caesar or it could be a Jew but you didn't know (in Madist don't follow Paul post #162,pg.11).

Now if you recollect in your mind,my thinking was that if Israel was destroyed in ad70 and it also fulfilled the prophecies in Revelation 13 and the others that apply (they had to have had the mark,number worshiped the image ect.) for the wrath of God to be poured out on them ect.

The thing about it is this though if you remember I began to explain that the words(title of Josephus book) "Jewish wars" then the words Jewish revolt,the fact that they minted their own currency ect. actually give evidence that the Jews who were involved in the first,second and third revolts could not have fulfilled those scriptures concerning the mark if it was Caesar. If you notice I did not reject the works of Josephus as historical documents,I cannot see that they change me in my futurist/disp. stance at all they in fact support it.

In ad70 the armies of Titus rode the city of Jerusalem into the ground. As if an tree was pulled up by it's very roots and the dirt was shook off and it was cast into the pit,Jerusalem was removed from being an nation and it's peoples scattered throughout the known world to keep them from organizing another revolt against Rome. Notice that I did not deny the events that occurred in ad70,that is I am still an futurist,and an dispensationist,It injures me not.

It behooves us if preterit or dispensationist to ponder what mark the Jews who suffered the wrath of God in ad70 had received if that was the fulfillment of those scriptures,I think not though but out of fairness I word it for both. That is when we ask what is this Deuteronomy 29:24 KJV then we would understand them as Deuteronomy 29:28 KJV ,,,

Now we are also told that after "both" of the two things take place Deuteronomy 30:1 KJV that is when they have both received the blessings and the curse then another event will occur and it will not take place in heaven but here on earth Deuteronomy 30:12 KJV,,,

But first the two things were to be accomplished,both the blessing and the curse. So it injures me not again to agree that Jerusalem also fulfilled the scriptures concerning the curse(ad70),I am still an disp./futurist there is still an kingdom promised after the curse is fulfilled(Deuteronomy 30).

Also found in scripture is "an other" kingdom "an image,an imposter"(Revelation 13)and it also will fulfill prophecies that are written of it. It will say it is the Israel of God,the Jerusalem of God and stand up as a man. You as a preterit will not agree seeing you have this accounted for in you eschatology prior to ad70,but as an futurist I am still not injured in it in any way in my stance.

Look close and ponder 1948,that is it might be possible to look upon it and see it as fulfilling one set of prophecies when it in fact is fulfilling another. That is there is an kingdom that is the image of the beast that was and was not yet is and it will ascend out of the bottomless pit so dont confuse these events with the fulfillment of another.

God's Truth

Abraham's bosom existed until 70AD.
NO, Abraham's bosom existed until Jesus led captivity captive.

When Jesus died and rose again, we do not go to Abraham's bosom, we go to Jesus Christ

I never said body-less spirits hung out there.
You sarcastically made the body-less comment. So then, where do they hang out?

1 Cor 15 tells us there are two kinds of bodies.

Let's use the Apostle Paul as an example.

According to you, when Paul died almost 2,000 years ago, he has been a spirit without a body? Is that what you are claiming?
Of course, that is what I am claiming.

WHEN JESUS died, he went to prison/Hell to preach to the SPIRITS of the who died way back to even of the times of Noah. So tell me why you are using time as the deciding factor to truth?

What is a body-less spirit?

Is that what you are claiming Paul has had for almost 2,000 years?

And, where is Paul's body-less spirit at?

WHEN JESUS died, he went to prison/Hell to preach to the SPIRITS of the who died way back to even of the times of Noah. So tell me why you are using time as the deciding factor to truth?

You said Paul still is in a body-less spirit according to my beliefs? Paul still is in a body-less spirit since the New Testament times? YES. It is not so long that it is unheard of, for Jesus preached to those who have had a body-less spirit for 4,000 years. Paul has not been body-less for nearly half that time.

john w

Hall of Fame

"Plus, I can show a bunch more of men that taught Preterism before Russell was even born."-greasy little chin Craigie

Show them, Craigie. Show us these men.

What's the problem, loser? Are they "infallible?"

Are they men, sweetie?

Why do you follow the teachings of "fallable men," oh unemployed,obsessed one?

"I 'm done replying to your posts."-little arms

Translated: He is not done "replying" to his posts, being the obsessed loser that he is, as CS dismantles the loser, habitual liar of TOL.

Watch, the habitual liar, lie again, just like his numerous "I never said" lies.

john w

Hall of Fame
That Christ Jesus is the fulfillment of all the promises.

(Acts 13:32-33) “We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors 33 he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus.....

Despite what Paul said above, Darby followers claim Abraham still has to get some land in the Middle East.

"That Christ Jesus is the fulfillment of all the promises."-no chin Craigie

The deceitful punk uses that ploy, to answer any prophecy question, and can "prove" anything, and the devil boy asserts that "land" means "land" sometimes, and does not mean "land" others times, to fit his "fallable man made belief system."

Right, deceiver?

john w

Hall of Fame
Thank God!!!!!!

Hey madists everywhere. Just corner tetty and don't back off. Be relentless in getting him to see his dishonesty and contradictions. Don't let him change the subject. If he goes off into a lecture, don't acknowledge that you even heard what he said. Just dog him and dog him relentlessly. It's a bit like what he does to us. Eventually, he will cry uncle and stop responding to you.

Yes, poor Craigie, is getting picked apart by ClimateSanity, as pleads, cries, "No Mas," like he did in the Hilston "debate."

musterion

TOL's Vitural Catholic already indicated that any nonbiblical writing he cites in support of preterism is virtually inspired by its sharing equal weight and authority with Scripture because preterism is self-evidently true. Because preterism is self-evidently true, such writings are of equal authority with Scripture, thus his interpretations trump all others without the need for honest discussion or rational examination (e.g., the Bible must be balanced against Clement of Alexandria or some spurious noncanonical book and if you refuse to do so, YOU are wrong).

circular_logic_by_mestafais-d5vm1d1.gif

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TOL's Vitural Catholic already indicated that any nonbiblical writing he cites in support of preterism is virtually inspired by its sharing equal weight and authority with Scripture because preterism is self-evidently true. Because preterism is self-evidently true, such writings are of equal authority with Scripture.

mysteryboy chimes in.

mysteryboy claims some stones were still standing in 70AD, therefore mysteryboy claims all the prophecies Christ Jesus gave about not one stone left standing upon another haven't happened yet.

To date, mysteryboy cannot explain Luke 19:44.

Not only can mysteryboy not explain Luke 19:44, mysteryboy can't explain when these prophecies take place. For mysteryboy's theory to work, a third temple would have to be built, then every stone of the third temple would have to be left not standing upon another stone.

However, that presents a problem for mysteryboy, because mysteryboy has Jesus sitting on a throne in a temple. That means after a third temple is detroyed where not one stone is left standing upon another, a FOURTH TEMPLE would have to be built for Jesus to sit on a man made throne.

mysteryboy is a mess.

john w

Hall of Fame
mysteryboy chimes in.

Real tough guy, aren't you Craigie? If you said only 1/4 of the things you say on TOL, to real men, not the metrosexuals with whom you hang, face to face, you'd be dead by now, you wimp. Real tough boy, aren't you, Craigie, behind a computer screen, like a rat, in your "man made" hole, aren't you, real tough guy Craigie Bernstein? Would you call musterion, "mysteryboy," to his face, weasel?

We thought so.No, you would not, little arms weasel.

Flaming whited wall. To wit-no name calling, no insults, no "personal attacks," by our heroine, greasy Tellalie? Nah.....:

How many unbelievers have you won over to Christ by calling them names?

Therefore, I stand by my original statement that calling someone a name who does not agree with how you understand the Bible makes no sense since there is the possibility you could be wrong...

In other words, no one ever achieves the 100% objective truth understanding of the Bible.Therefore, when I encounter a fellow believer who has a different understanding of scripture than I do, I do not rebuke them by calling them names, telling them they are not saved, insulting them, or calling them a liar like you do. I simply state what I have been taught, and what I believe is the objective truth of the Bible.You on the other hand, when encountering a believer who believes differently than you, are convinced that you know the 100% objective truth of the Bible, so you call the fellow believer names, and call them a liar.

The only thing you are interested in is personal attacks against me.

Vs.

mysteryboy claims ....To date, mysteryboy... Not only can mysteryboy not explain Luke 19:44, mysteryboy.......However, that presents a problem for mysteryboy, because mysteryboy....mysteryboy is a mess.

Feel better, about your "man" hood, saying "mysterboy" so many times, tough "guy?

And quit copying me, punk, with your "mess" reference-you stole that from me, like you steal from/plagiarize others.

for Jesus to sit on a man made throne.

Tell us, greasy boy-is that church, from which you were expelled, "man made?"

Why did you attend a "man made" church, sweetie pie?

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Would you call musterion, "mysteryboy," to his face, weasel?

mysteryboy, like Danoh, has dug himself in a hole by claiming some stones were still left standing in 70AD.

Now that mysteryboy has taken that position, there are many questions he can't answer.

So, mysteryboy does what you do, and that's ignore the questions, and make posts about me instead of the topic.

Once again, mysteryboy proves the false teachings of Darby cannot be defended.

ClimateSanity

I myself went through an long drawn out process of detailing the descriptions of the mark of the beast to you. Why was because you said it was Caesar or it could be a Jew but you didn't know (in Madist don't follow Paul post #162,pg.11).

Now if you recollect in your mind,my thinking was that if Israel was destroyed in ad70 and it also fulfilled the prophecies in Revelation 13 and the others that apply (they had to have had the mark,number worshiped the image ect.) for the wrath of God to be poured out on them ect.

The thing about it is this though if you remember I began to explain that the words(title of Josephus book) "Jewish wars" then the words Jewish revolt,the fact that they minted their own currency ect. actually give evidence that the Jews who were involved in the first,second and third revolts could not have fulfilled those scriptures concerning the mark if it was Caesar. If you notice I did not reject the works of Josephus as historical documents,I cannot see that they change me in my futurist/disp. stance at all they in fact support it.

In ad70 the armies of Titus rode the city of Jerusalem into the ground. As if an tree was pulled up by it's very roots and the dirt was shook off and it was cast into the pit,Jerusalem was removed from being an nation and it's peoples scattered throughout the known world to keep them from organizing another revolt against Rome. Notice that I did not deny the events that occurred in ad70,that is I am still an futurist,and an dispensationist,It injures me not.

It behooves us if preterit or dispensationist to ponder what mark the Jews who suffered the wrath of God in ad70 had received if that was the fulfillment of those scriptures,I think not though but out of fairness I word it for both. That is when we ask what is this Deuteronomy 29:24 KJV then we would understand them as Deuteronomy 29:28 KJV ,,,

Now we are also told that after "both" of the two things take place Deuteronomy 30:1 KJV that is when they have both received the blessings and the curse then another event will occur and it will not take place in heaven but here on earth Deuteronomy 30:12 KJV,,,

But first the two things were to be accomplished,both the blessing and the curse. So it injures me not again to agree that Jerusalem also fulfilled the scriptures concerning the curse(ad70),I am still an disp./futurist there is still an kingdom promised after the curse is fulfilled(Deuteronomy 30).

Also found in scripture is "an other" kingdom "an image,an imposter"(Revelation 13)and it also will fulfill prophecies that are written of it. It will say it is the Israel of God,the Jerusalem of God and stand up as a man. You as a preterit will not agree seeing you have this accounted for in you eschatology prior to ad70,but as an futurist I am still not injured in it in any way in my stance.

Look close and ponder 1948,that is it might be possible to look upon it and see it as fulfilling one set of prophecies when it in fact is fulfilling another. That is there is an kingdom that is the image of the beast that was and was not yet is and it will ascend out of the bottomless pit so dont confuse these events with the fulfillment of another.

I'm not sure if you are a dispy or not but I sure like the way you reason a thing out.

john w

Hall of Fame
mysteryboy, like Danoh, has dug himself in a hole by claiming some stones were still left standing in 70AD.

Now that mysteryboy has taken that position, there are many questions he can't answer.

So, mysteryboy does what you do, and that's ignore the questions, and make posts about me instead of the topic.

Once again, mysteryboy proves the false teachings of Darby cannot be defended.

Real tough guy, are you, Craigie?

Hey, little arms, Craigie-here is an idea!! Since you are such an expert re. "digging holes," why not get out of that hole/house of yours, and apply for a job, digging holes? That way, you can exercise that wimpy frame of yours, and get some sun, so you won't look so anemic!!! No wonder you never are shown smiling, in any of those infrequent, doctored "photos" of yourself.

Pretty funny, eh, Craigie?!!