Homeschoolers

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Yorzhik
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times do I have to see that? I use to spell "seperate" wrong many times. But then a teacher (one teacher, not many) told me (not many times, but once), "you can't spell that word because there is 'a rat' in it" And ever since then, many times spelling it later, I've spelled it right. But then again, many years ago, a teacher said, "'here' is a word when sound goes in your ears because you can see the 2 'ears' next to the 'head' that is the 'r'" (not many times, just once). But what I didn't hear, was that she also said "don't forget... it is the opposite." It took me the longest time (many weeks) to stop writing "I here with my ears." And the many times I was corrected, I would say, "CAN'T YOU SEE THE EARS?"

So what can I say? Many things, but just the right thing to say would be... How about this? "'a', as an article, means 'one of many'" Such as: There is 'the' Madonna, a single Virgin Mary, but the word madonna in olden times referred to 'a' lady (one of many ladies) as it is derived from 'ma' and 'donna' literally translated 'my lady'"

I hope these many words do not confuse the issue. Just remember:
'a' means 'one of many'

Are u stolking mee?;)

ShadowMaid

Another home schooler!!!!

:bannana: :jump: :joker: :juggle: :cheers: :drum: :party: :popup: :singer: :BRAVO: :) :D :cool: ;) :up: :thumb: :angel:

Welcome!!!

Elaine

Lol. She's downstairs, reading or something. It's hard for us to be online at the same time because we have to try to share a computer, but I'll call and see if she wants to come. :)

RATitude

Poly's kid
Mom put my picture in! This one is temporary. My mom found some other Rat avatars. I'm going to use one that she found. But until she can get it ready. I'm going to stick with this one.

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Elaine
Lol. She's downstairs, reading or something. It's hard for us to be online at the same time because we have to try to share a computer, but I'll call and see if she wants to come. :)

Cool! :cool:

But I know how its like. Sometimes I have to share.