Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't think he really cares... to be honest.

200_s.gif

HisServant

were you dropped on your head as a baby or is your mental impairment the result of a recent injury?

No, I have a thorough understand on how Jesus works in the governments of the world and how he works in the church.

His work in the governments of the world is one of restraint... he lets them do whatever they want provided that his children are treated the way he wants them to be.

Does Jesus govern over the righteous... or over the doomed?

To many churches all over this country have such a ill conceived notion of some sort of symbiotic relationship between Christianity and our government.

The government is your enemy... always will be... it is Jesus that restrains it and we are to live peaceably under it.

Whereas, you seem to be a wolf preying on the sheep.

ok doser

His work in the governments of the world is one of restraint... he lets them do whatever they want provided that his children are treated the way he wants them to be.

apparently He wants an awful lot of them to be slaughtered in the womb by their mothers

CherubRam

In regards to last days:

Jeremiah 31:22
How long will you wander, unfaithful Daughter Israel? Yahwah will create a new thing upon the earth, when the females return to the men.”

What kind of wandering are the women doing?

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Husbands and wives are obligated to each other, however, there is such a thing as spousal abuse.

Having marital rape become a law would mean that millions of men would end up in prison. Women would be able to use it as a tool to abuse their husbands. Is that what you would like to have happen?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So... anyone come up with a scriptural defense of marital rape? Or are genuineoriginal and Crucible seeing what they want to see in the bible?

Let's go back to what I said:
'Marital rape' is a sin due to the sin of the wife. It's the only real conclusion one can come to as far as the Scriptures teach, because by the old standard 'marital rape' is virtually impossible if the woman is submitting to the marriage.

This is in part why female autonomy conflicts with the Christian religion.

The defense for this is the Bible altogether, one doesn't really need to 'prove it'. You have picked up a Bible before, I assume-
There's a reason why 'marital rape' is never mentioned in the Scriptures, and it's because the concept doesn't exist. It's impossible to 'rape' one's spouse. You don't have authority over sex because you both are one in the flesh. How are you 'raped' by your husband? He's your husband- perform as the wife.

1 Corinthians 7:4
The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

Now do I agree that a husband forcing himself on the wife is being a a jerk, and in some form of sin doing so? Yes. But do I think it is rape on the same level as how rape usually goes? No- it is just not spiritually or even logically sound, plain and simple.

Stop acting like a child and getting other people to fight your battles. People come at you with valid points on this subject and others relevant and you don't have anything to say, but you go run off and pull this crap. I've tried to avoid making these statements, but this is incredibly petty.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

The creation of marital rape by the feminists is one factor in the destruction of marriage.
Other factors include no-fault divorce, abortion, promoting promiscuity, and even suffrage.

It is the destruction of marriage that has turned our country into Sodom and Gomorrah.

Those darn suffragettes eh? How dare women fight to have a voice in society, harlots!

Rape is rape, whether in the marital bed or in a back alleyway or wherever. Anyone who forces sex on another, be it a spouse or not is committing rape. Period.

ok doser

Those darn suffragettes eh? How dare women fight to have a voice in society, harlots!

Rape is rape, whether in the marital bed or in a back alleyway or wherever. Anyone who forces sex on another, be it a spouse or not is committing rape. Period.

you know, if you stamp your little foot when you say that, it might actually convince people

Arthur Brain

you know, if you stamp your little foot when you say that, it might actually convince people

Why would I need to 'stamp my foot' when it's generally acknowledged across the board that forcing sex on someone against their will is rightfully regarded as rape under law?

:liberals:

It's only loonies that question it so stamp your own little foot...

badp

An analogy would be helpful here.

If you give someone money to buy a car, and he refuses to give you the car, he's defrauding you. He's in the wrong. That, however, does not give you the right to punch him in the face, pin him down, grab the keys from his pocket, and go take the car yourself.

As they used to say, two wrongs don't make a right.

Same with marital rape. A husband and wife are one and are obligated to (and hopefully want to) give themselves to each other intimately. But the failure of one to do that doesn't justify the sin of kidnapping (which is what holding someone against their will is).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Let's go back to what I said:

The defense for this is the Bible altogether, one doesn't really need to 'prove it'. You have picked up a Bible before, I assume-
There's a reason why 'marital rape' is never mentioned in the Scriptures, and it's because the concept doesn't exist. It's impossible to 'rape' one's spouse. You don't have authority over sex because you both are one in the flesh. How are you 'raped' by your husband? He's your husband- perform as the wife.

1 Corinthians 7:4
The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

Now do I agree that a husband forcing himself on the wife is being a a jerk, and in some form of sin doing so? Yes. But do I think it is rape on the same level as how rape usually goes? No- it is just not spiritually sound.

Stop acting like a child and rallying other people to fight your battles. People come at you with valid points on this subject and others relevant and you don't have anything to say, but you go run off and pull this crap. I've tried to avoid making these statements, but this is incredibly petty.
I ain't been a here a week and I already know what people to basically just stay away from.

Then why aren't you doing it then? We'd both be happy.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

For some of them, rape is just a little word made up by feminists.

Arthur Brain

reread the thread title, retard

Read it to start with dingbat and it would appear that most Christians agree that there's no scriptural defence for forcing sex on another against their will, as just happens to be rightfully recognized under law as well. So suck it up.

The only ones who are objecting are you - a certified troll who's bridge has even upped sticks to get away...

Genuine Original - a bonafide nut who believes we can all fall in love with petri dishes...

And a coupla other assorted fruitcakes...

genuineoriginal

There's a reason why 'marital rape' is never mentioned in the Scriptures, and it's because the concept doesn't exist.
Yep.
Now do I agree that a husband forcing himself on the wife is being a a jerk, and in some form of sin doing so? Yes. But do I think it is rape on the same level as how rape usually goes? No- it is just not spiritually or even logically sound, plain and simple.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.