Embracing the Gospel Alone as Your Only Means of Salvation

Ben Masada

1 - Paul said that by the law is the knowledge of sin, Romans 3:20.

2 - And then in Galatians he said that no man is justified by the law, Galatians 3:11.

1 - Do you know something? I agree with Paul on this one. When one comes to know that he or she is in sin, the chance is right there to set things right with the Lord through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

2 - Paul always had a grudge against the Law because the truth is that faith without the works of the Law is as good as a body without the breath of life. Dead if you know what James meant in James 2:26.

Robert Pate

Banned
1 - Do you know something? I agree with Paul on this one. When one comes to know that he or she is in sin, the chance is right there to set things right with the Lord through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

2 - Paul always had a grudge against the Law because the truth is that faith without the works of the Law is as good as a body without the breath of life. Dead if you know what James meant in James 2:26.

The law is the very nature and character of God.

Now, tell me that you can obey the law and be like God.

This is why Paul said, " By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Ben Masada

The law is the very nature and character of God.

Now, tell me that you can obey the law and be like God.

This is why Paul said, " By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Right. That's why He gave us the Law as a result of His grace. The Lord also knows that there has never been a man upon earth who has done only good and never sinned. (Eccles. 7:20) Hence, He gave us the way to set things right with Him whenever we brake the Law. (Isa. 1:18,19) No one is perfect although we must always be found in the struggle to be.

beloved57

You believe that the Bible is a terrible mistake and is full of mistakes and half truths.

"Who will have all men to be saved and to come into the knowledge of the truth" 1 Timothy 2:4.

If you had your way that scripture would not be in the Bible.

You will believe a lie until Judgment Day, then you will be condemned! Thank God I'm not you, a vessel of wrath being fitted for destruction!

Robert Pate

Banned
You will believe a lie until Judgment Day, then you will be condemned! Thank God I'm not you, a vessel of wrath being fitted for destruction!

You oppose 1 Timothy 2:4 and in doing so oppose Paul and the apostles and the truth of the Gospel.

If anyone is under God's wrath it is you.

Cruciform

Anyone can read the Bible and understand it, if they are Christians. It is those who are not Christians that cannot understand it.
Well sure! That certainly explains the some 50,000+ competing and contradictory recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects in existence today, with more being concocted every week! :doh: Don't bother.

Back to Post #50 above.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well sure! That certainly explains the some 50,000+ competing and contradictory recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects in existence today, with more being concocted every week! :doh: Don't bother.

Back to Post #50 above.

So are you saying that only a Catholic can understand the scriptures?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you can only properly interpret scripture through the auspices of the Catholic Church?

Robert Pate

Banned
I'm saying that the only infallible criterion by which we (Catholics included) know---and not just hope---that we properly understand the Scriptures is to compare our individual interpretations (opinions) with the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church.

Authoriatative? There is no mention in the Bible of a Catholic church in Rome.

John wrote to the 7 churches in Asia, Revelation 1:4. No mention of a church in Rome.

Cruciform

So you can only properly interpret scripture through the auspices of the Catholic Church?
There are times when a Protestant may interpret the Bible correctly. However, the only way to KNOW (and not merely assume) whether or not he has is by comparing his opinion with the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church (1 Tim 3:15).

Cruciform

Authoriatative? There is no mention in the Bible of a Catholic church in Rome.
We're still waiting for you to produce the biblical text which states that "Only words that specifically appear in the Bible may be used bu Christians to express their beliefs." Chapter-and-verse, please.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are times when a Protestant may interpret the Bible correctly. However, the only way to KNOW (and not merely assume) whether or not he has is by comparing his opinion with the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church (1 Tim 3:15).

So in essence, the only truth you have comes from the teachings of the Catholic Church?