Florida Cop Murders Dog in Front of Dog Owner

Mocking You

The dog that bit me didn't bare it's teeth or snarl either. It walked right up to me like it was going to sniff me and just attacked.

As unfortunate as the situation is, it's not up to you to tell others how they are allowed or expected to defend themselves in such a situation.
This forum is filled with people, yea, it exists to facilitate people telling others how to behave.

musterion

If attacked by a determined dog while you're unarmed, the best advice I've heard is to drive your thumbs into its eyeballs. If that's not possible and the dog has you on the ground, shove your stiffened cupped hand as far down its throat as you can manage while holding it around the neck with your other arm. Don't let go until the dog stops breathing. Failing either of those, if you have the sufficient strength and speed, quickly pick the dog up as high as you can and piledrive in head first into the ground. If it isn't killed outright, that will break or rupture something and stop the attack. Or a tight bearhug around the neck until it's dead.

I like dogs as much as the next person but they are animals. As animals, there is always an element of unpredictability.

If attacked by a cat, grab it by the tail and swing against the nearest stationary object. Or go for distance.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's a dog
and
should be controlled by its owner

how would you feel
if
that happened to you
and
you didn't have a gun?

we have too many dogs

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
it's a dog
and
should be controlled by its owner

how would you feel
if
that happened to you
and
you didn't have a gun?

we have too many dogs

:plain: You're right....But personally I couldn't see myself killing this animal. It's simply too small to be a valid threat to me personally (Or..IMHO...That cop). The cop panicked and overreacted. The shame of it is he probably is feeling terrible about it but can't express that due to liability concerns.

The world we live in.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
if that was a girl scout selling cookies and the dog attacked her, would we all be wringing our hands about the poor poor dog?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If attacked by a determined dog while you're unarmed, the best advice I've heard is to drive your thumbs into its eyeballs. If that's not possible and the dog has you on the ground, shove your stiffened cupped hand as far down its throat as you can manage while holding it around the neck with your other arm. Don't let go until the dog stops breathing. Failing either of those, if you have the sufficient strength and speed, quickly pick the dog up as high as you can and piledrive in head first into the ground. If it isn't killed outright, that will break or rupture something and stop the attack. Or a tight bearhug around the neck until it's dead.

I like dogs as much as the next person but they are animals. As animals, there is always an element of unpredictability.

If attacked by a cat, grab it by the tail and swing against the nearest stationary object. Or go for distance.

You're like the MMA of pet fighting !!!

View attachment 20604

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nobody answered, but was this cop called there or did he just happen along and saw a car door open and then go to the door because a car door was open. If so, we don't need cops that involved with our home life.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I feel sorry for the cop
who
knocked on the door
and
do not feel sorry for the owner
who
didn't show up until the first shot was fired

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... did he just happen along and saw a car door open and then go to the door because a car door was open.

that one

If so, we don't need cops that involved with our home life.

i'd be glad to know my car door was open :idunno:

if i din't leave it open (and i tend not to) it means somebody's been in there who shouldn't have been

iow, those who tend to leave car doors open are those who tend to steal your radio