Justification by Faith Alone

God's Truth

If GT is talking about personal transformation (sanctification), it's fine to say we make progress by obeying him. It is not true in the arena of justification, though.

Are you kidding? We were SANCTIFIED and JUSTIFIED by the blood of Jesus. Justified and sanctified are the same thing.

The blood of Jesus sanctifies us (Hebrews 10:29); Jesus sanctifies us by the truth (John 17:17); Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 2:11); We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus (Hebrews 10:10).

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Now tell me, are you going to stop repeating that nonsense about me and the scriptures?

beloved57

Are you kidding? We were SANCTIFIED and JUSTIFIED by the blood of Jesus. Justified and sanctified are the same thing.

The blood of Jesus sanctifies us (Hebrews 10:29); Jesus sanctifies us by the truth (John 17:17); Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 2:11); We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus (Hebrews 10:10).

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Now tell me, are you going to stop repeating that nonsense about me and the scriptures?

They are not the same thing, Justification and Sanctification, no scripture says they are!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Not the same.

http://www.letusreason.org/occ1.htm

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are justified by faith alone because we are justified by Christ alone.

What does all of this mean? It means that salvation is by faith and by faith alone. It also means that all religions that are trying to be saved either by works, predestination, or whatever are false.

Is faith the instrument or the cause of your justification, Robert? Which one grounds one's justification?

AMR

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have the written Word of God. You have articles to manipulate you and to manipulate the written word.
Hogwash! If you read and understood the Word of God correctly you would see the difference. Your infantile behavior raises itself to the forefront.

beloved57

Faith is what makes the Gospel ours.

Justification is the result of the doing and the dying of Jesus.

First of all, you dont believe the Gospel, secondly Justification before God occurs before the Gospel is sent to the Justified ones, and thirdly, you teach that millions upon millions that Christ Lived and died for will end up in the lake of fire unjustified, in unbelief in their sins ! So your saying that people are Justified solely by the doing and dying of Christ is a false testimony you dont even believe !

lukecash12

You were given scriptures that prove sanctification and justification are the same. Now do you admit you were taught something?

I haven't the slightest doubt that any serious bible scholar could trash this idea were that person willing to waste his/her time. Go ahead and point me to where these apparent proofs are, in the thread, or if you can remember would you be so kind as to state your references?

See post #15 here, for an example as to how I might treat this claim: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113209

Robert Pate

Banned
You were given scriptures that prove sanctification and justification are the same. Now do you admit you were taught something?

Justification: God's work for us by Jesus Christ. The Gospel.

Sanctification: God's work in us by the Holy Spirit. The Christian life.

To confuse the two is heresy.