Why is sex and sexual orientation so public?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Like you speed up when you pass a wreck on the highway.

I suppose so, but mostly by the accents.

Well, what's going on in society that will get people yelling about it. I mean, soccer games go on in America every day, but you don't really hear about them.

BBC, NY Times and The Journal for particulars.

I see them. What are they supposed to be doing now?

I expect television to mostly play to the lowest common denominator. But sometimes it's surprisingly good...by which I mean not terrible. :plain:

i suppose so, but what would Bucky Buckerson think ?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We were created sexual beings. The display and recognition of others' gender is foundational for human behavior.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
OBAMA ADMITS THAT HE AND HIS FAMILY WHO'S MOSLEM AGENCY

WHICH HE PERSONALLY SUPPORTS AND FUNDS ARE MOSLEM

https://youtu.be/bMUgNg7aD8M

https://youtu.be/tCAffMSWSzY

Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said he had a one-on-one meeting with Obama, in which President Obama told him that he was still a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father, the stepson of Muslim stepfather, that his half-brothers in Kenya are Muslims, and that he was sympathetic towards the Muslim agenda.
Sorry, I am just not persuaded by your interpretations.

"Anytime you look for the bad in a man, and expect to find it, you surely will" --Abraham Lincoln

republicanchick

Question of the day:

Why is sex and sexual orientation so public? Honestly no one cares who/what you are having sex with, no one wants to know nor do they care.

But why does the LGBT group force straight people to hear and condone who they have sex with? Why should we care LGBT? Why do you need our acceptance in order for you to feel good about who you are having sex with? ?

ah... a breath of fresh air... aka Truth

yeh... I've been wondering this for a long time... People who are sure of what they believe (yours truly, for instance) do not have to constantly arm twist others to accept what they believe... how they live...

but thisproves that the LGB.. do NOT feel comfortable in their... sin

deep inside, they know they are wrong

+

alwight

ah... a breath of fresh air... aka Truth

yeh... I've been wondering this for a long time... People who are sure of what they believe (yours truly, for instance) do not have to constantly arm twist others to accept what they believe... how they live...

but thisproves that the LGB.. do NOT feel comfortable in their... sin

deep inside, they know they are wrong

+
Seems more likely to me that it's the self righteous who are the most uncomfortable with other people's sexuality.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Seems more likely to me that it's the self righteous who are the most uncomfortable with other people's sexuality.

Why does it have to mean somebody is SELF-Righteous ? Maybe it's just righteous. I would call it couth, respect, common courtesy and dignity. I'm comfortable with my sexuality but I wouldn't pet, touch and make-out with my girlfriend in public places. that's what homes are for -

alwight

Why does it have to mean somebody is SELF-Righteous ? Maybe it's just righteous. I would call it couth, respect, common courtesy and dignity. I'm comfortable with my sexuality but I wouldn't pet, touch and make-out with my girlfriend in public places. that's what homes are for -
Actually I rather tend to agree.

PureX

The accusation of self-righteousness comes from assuming that your own prudish attitude about 'petting in public' is the superior of all others.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Your wife? Why are you parading your sexual orientation around?

Who here has a photograph of their husband or wife on their desk? Who here brings their husband or wife to a company picnic? How many people here will, over the water cooler, tell coworkers about their vacation to Hawaii with their husband or wife? Who holds hands with their husband or wife on a walk, or casually puts their arm around them? What about having a romantic dinner out together... Does anyone here worry that they'll run into a co-worker?

All of those simple, casual things are telling people your sexual orientation. And it's things like this that people seem to take for granted.

Is there any straight person here who's concerned that if they put a photograph of their husband or wife on their desk that they'll be fired? Anyone concerned they'll have an insult hurled at them for holding hands? Anyone have to field off evangelical co-workers explaining to them about how they're going to hell because they let it out of the bag that they're going on a nice Valentine's dinner with their husband or wife?

What a shame your post got buried in all the hand-wringing.

You've said it exactly right, and very eloquently.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
AIKIDO-7

How Non-Deceptive is the American government ?
It is and it isn't. The government, like the citizen population, is filled with many different people with many different beliefs, thoughts and agendas.

Even the "super secret" CIA can't always keep the lid on.

PureX

It is a matter of courtesy.
To you.

What you call courtesy is expecting others to accommodate your prudish concerns, right? But wouldn't it then be just as "courteous" for you to accommodate the less prudish expressions of others?

I'm just explaining how completely self-centered this presumption of righteousness is. The fact that seeing a same sex couple kiss or hold hands offends the homophobe is the homophobe's problem. Not everyone else's. But because homophobes dress up their fear and loathing in religion, they imagine that their homophobia is made "righteous" by it, and presume themselves to hold the superior view, and that everyone else should then alter their behavior to accommodate this superior view. Then when others don't alter and hide their behavior to accommodate these self-righteous homophobes, the homophobes get angry, and feel as if they are being "assaulted" by the blatant display of homosexual attraction.

And this isn't just how homosexuals see what's happening, it's how anyone who is not homophobic sees it. Like me.

Quetzal

I'm just explaining how completely self-centered this presumption of righteousness is. The fact that seeing a same sex couple kiss or hold hands offends the homophobe is the homophobe's problem. Not everyone else's. But because homophobes dress up their fear and loathing in religion, they imagine that their homophobia is made "righteous" by it, and presume themselves to hold the superior view, and that everyone else should then alter their behavior to accommodate this superior view. Then when others don't alter and hide their behavior to accommodate these self-righteous homophobes, the homophobes get angry, and feel as if they are being "assaulted" by the blatant display of homosexual attraction.
Well said!
citizen_kane_clapping_2.gif