Islam is the Red Horse

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Mass Shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg Oregon. It is not cofirmed yet, but it is believed that the person was a Muslim targeting Christians.
This should not be a surprise, considering the Islamophobia which is encouraged and has been stoked since the attacks on 9/11.

All our ancient tribal feelings tend to want to scapegoat those "others" as "unclean" (to use a category in Jesus's day).

And the violent revenge fantasies we humans often harbor come out in force--verbally and actually.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A white horse is a symbol of a victor. The bow is a symbol for action. The single crown is a symbol for the crown of life. The person is Michael The Arch Angel. Christ rides a white horse and has many crowns. My computer is broken, so do not expect any better answers for now.

The first one is a deceiver.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

LA

CherubRam

If I heard correctly, it was against college policy for teachers and security to have fire arms. That means that some of the children could have been saved from being killed. I bet they don't even think that there lack of action cost many lives today. President Obama was just on, and he suggested we change the laws to remove weapons from the public. Since weapons can be make or bought anyway by criminals, that would mean you would have no protection.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

LA
And, unfortunately, the Jesus that is depicted causes the blood of the unfaithful he will slaughter to rise to the level of the horse's bridles, for a distance of 200 miles!

No compassionate, "love your enemies" Jesus here.

CherubRam

LA
A rainbow is not the same as an arrow bow. And where does it say the person is a deceiver? :doh:

OCTOBER23

CHERUBGUY,

THE WHITE HORSE HAS A BOW WHICH REPRESENTS THE IRANIAN PEOPLES

WHO WERE EXCELLENT AND FEARED ARCHERS AND PREFERRED WHITE HORSES

LONG AGO DURING WARFARE.
----------------------------------------------------
Know your History before you put it in print.

Horseback Archery was a warefare skill practiced
by the Iranian peoples (Scythians, Sarmatians, Sassanids) and Indians in antiquity,
and by the Mongols and the Turkic peoples during the Middle Ages.

Wickpedia

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
CHERUBGUY,

THE WHITE HORSE HAS A BOW WHICH REPRESENTS THE PEOPLE OF IRAN

WHO WERE EXCELLENT AND FEARED ARCHERS AND RODE WHITE HORSES

LONG AGO.

And THAT cloud looks like a duck.

No, if you look at it closely, it looks like the stoning of the martyr St. Stephen, with Paul standing to one side.

Actually fellows, it's just a cloud.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
A rainbow is not the same as an arrow bow. And where does it say the person is a deceiver? :doh:
The Bible is full of signs that told people certain truths they saw in the presence of God all around them.
This image of a rainbow as God's bow should not be denigrated, in my opinion. Otherwise you would have to denigrate seeing Jesus as God's Son was equally deceptive.

Which, as Christians, we do not accept it as something to deceive. Metaphors and legends are part of all faiths. We should know that by now and honor the metaphors glimpsed and explained by the authors of the Bible--men who were inspired by God to put down in writing what they thought and believed.

OCTOBER23

AIKIDO 7 , WHY ARE YOU MOCKING MY ANSWER ??????????

John 18:23 Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil:

but if well, why smitest thou me?
-----------------------------------------------------

LONG AGO DURING WARFARE.

by the Iranian peoples (Scythians, Sarmatians, Sassanids) and Indians in antiquity,

Wickpedia

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
AIKIDO 7 , WHY ARE YOU MOCKING MY ANSWER ??????????

LONG AGO DURING WARFARE.

Wickpedia
Why do you think I am mocking your answer?

Historical researchers have shown me that Revelation was written on an island in the Aegean Sea by a Christian under horrific persecution during the rule of the Roman Emperor Nero (who ended up killing both Paul and Peter in the 60s).

All apocalyptic literature found in the Bible is a response to severe cultural and religious dislocations that were happening. The Hebrew Bible (what we call the "Old" Testament) is filled with them. The apocalyptic is a common notion--a literary genre all its own--found in all the world's faiths. It is a cry for God in the midst of an ungodly, pagan world.

I never intend to mock other's beliefs. That, to me, is both unfair and supremely arrogant and judgmental. If you really feel I have done this, please reply with your cut and paste of my actual words and phrases that "make" you feel mocked. I need to change my communication style if you picked that up.

I am here not to convince or prove anything. I am just passing along what I have learned from Christian history and faith.

By the way, if you are going to cite a source that says because Muslims used bow and arrows, then any reference to that act means the archer is a terrorist.

The Medieval church?
Robin Hood?
Biblical armies?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Here---

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

BTW, have you seen the number of people who follow the Pope?

Have you heard how the RCC is into politics, and the pulling down of nations, and leaders, to expand Babylon into all nations.

Isa 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

LA

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
By the way, if you are going to cite a source that says because Muslims used bow and arrows, then any reference to that act means the archer is a terrorist.

The rider of Revelation 6:2 doesn't have any arrows and we shouldn't assume he does. The first seal represents 'holy war'.

Have you heard how the RCC is into politics, and the pulling down of nations, and leaders, to expand Babylon into all nations.

There's not one verse in the bible to support such a thing. Babylon is Babylon. It's not Rome, the E.U. or the USA. Babylon can only be synonymous with literal Babylon, confusion, and esp. FALSE RELIGION. Rome/Catholicism IS NOT a false religion.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The rider of Revelation 6:2 doesn't have any arrows and we shouldn't assume he does. The first seal represents 'holy war'.

There's not one verse in the bible to support such a thing. Babylon is Babylon. It's not Rome, the E.U. or the USA. Babylon can only be synonymous with literal Babylon, confusion, and esp. FALSE RELIGION. Rome/Catholicism IS NOT a false religion.
Faith and belief are all about "assuming." At least mine are.

John of Patmos was a lot of things, but he was certainly not literal. He was symbolizing the Roman Empire by going back and grabbing a term from his religious tradition.

If you take a look at the modern apocalyptic interpretations of John (and Paul) by Tim LaHaye, Hal Lindsey and hundreds and hundreds of others who profess Christianity, the differences and the certainty are overwhelming.

Revelation is a cloud formation or the night sky. Everyone sees different shapes and patterns in it. I prefer to always try and find out what a particular verse or passage meant to its original author. I have too often been condemned by my own tendency to read my own modern tendencies and beliefs back into history that was never talking about times today at all.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Faith and belief are all about "assuming." At least mine are.

John of Patmos was a lot of things, but he was certainly not literal. He was symbolizing the Roman Empire by going back and grabbing a term from his religious tradition.

If you take a look at the modern apocalyptic interpretations of John (and Paul) by Tim LaHaye, Hal Lindsey and hundreds and hundreds of others who profess Christianity, the differences and the certainty are overwhelming.

Revelation is a cloud formation or the night sky. Everyone sees different shapes and patterns in it. I prefer to always try and find out what a particular verse or passage meant to its original author. I have too often been condemned by my own tendency to read my own modern tendencies and beliefs back into history that was never talking about times today at all.

The book of Revelation isn't entirely figurative or literal. It is both.

John had little knowledge of what he was prophesying about. He just wrote what he saw, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter. If John was talking about the ancient Roman empire like many preterist think, that would make the book of Revelation almost useless because the prophecies would have either already passed, which isn't a prophecy at all, and the book would have such little time to be circulated to be effective in any way.

Where do you find 'the Roman Empire' in any verse of prophecy? It's just not there.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Roman Catholicism is the religion of Ahab and Jezebel.

Not entirely outside of the faith at times, but like their OT fathers, their destination is destruction by the Assyrian.

Isaiah ch 10.

LA

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Islam is the Red Horse

Zechariah 6:2
The first chariot had a red horse, the second black, 3 the third white, and the fourth dappled—all of them powerful. 4 I asked the angel who was speaking to me, "What are these, my lord?"
5 The angel answered me, "These are the four spirits of heaven, going out from standing in the presence of the Lord of the whole world. 6 The one with the black horses is going toward the north country, [Russia] the one with the white horses toward the west, [America] and the one with the dappled horses toward the south." [Australia]
[The red horse goes east to the Islamic nations.]

8 Then he called to me, “Look, those going toward the north country have given my Spirit rest in the land of the north.”
This means that the bible would again be allowed in Russsia.

Revelation 6:2
I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Revelation 6:4
Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

Revelation 6:5
When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.

"That cloud in the sky looks like a red horse."

"No it doesn't. It looks like a duck cutting his lawn with a mower."

"No. To me it looks like a profile of Thomas Eakins, the famous sculptor."

We are a "meaning-making" creature. We tell stories and invent narratives that helps us make sense of God's universe. We do the best we can, but we can only cherry-pick from God's divine cherry orchard.

We are the finite ones and he is the Infinite One.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
islam is the red horse from the red sea
communism is the black horse from the black sea

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

John had little knowledge of what he was prophesying about. He just wrote what he saw, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter. If John was talking about the ancient Roman empire like many preterist think, that would make the book of Revelation almost useless because the prophecies would have either already passed, which isn't a prophecy at all, and the book would have such little time to be circulated to be effective in any way.

Where do you find 'the Roman Empire' in any verse of prophecy? It's just not there.
I agree the word "Roman" never makes an appearance. Given the genre of all apocalyptic declarations, Revelation is densely metaphoric and allegorical.

I believe in trying to determine what the original author of a particular biblical passage actually meant when he wrote it. Only then can I even attempt to apply what I have learned to my own experience and history.

Temple curtains don't magically tear in two, the sun never stops in the sky and there were never snakes that talked. All these mythic images and claims point to basic truths.

When it comes to religions, there is always going to be myth, legend, and metaphor.

Myth is the closest way humans can express absolute truth. It's always the underlying meaning of an ancient text that is the important part for me. Otherwise, I have to conclude that the original intention is lost forever.

And I will never believe that.

OCTOBER23

Aikido-7,

John's persecution has NOTHING TO DO WITH REVELATIONS.

I suspect that you are a Pretty Preterist :)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

I don't see Bible authors of being in some sort of trance and being a secretary for some channeling like an Ouija Board demands.

The "beast" and "666" have been found to clearly point toward Nero the emperor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/gladiators/nero.html

http://www.preteristarchive.com/Rome/Monarchs/nero.html