Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Atheist

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 12 8.4%

• Total voters

CoCrucified

Originally posted by Z Man
I don't like to be called a certain denomination, and really don't like to be classified into a religion called Christianity. I believe that Christianity is not a religion, but rather a relationship.

I once heard someone say that religion is man seeking God, and Christianity is God seeking fallen and lost mankind.

Of course nowadays, to be politically correct, we'd have to replace "man" and "mankind" with "persons." :D

Back in the late 1970s there was a bumper sticker people put on their cars. It said, 'I FOUND IT!" I made my own bumper sticker, and it said, "HE FOUND ME!"

CoCrucified

Re: Wiggle Room

Re: Wiggle Room

Originally posted by shilohproject
Do you mean "Protestant" as in Calvinist Lutheran, OSAS Baptist, Liberal Methodist, Non-Denominational denomination, etc?:doh:

The term, "Protestant" came from the Protestant Reformation started by Martin Luther. It referred to those who protested the Roman Catholic Church and their doctrine of salvation through the sacraments and only through the Roman Catholic Church. Martin Luther said that Scripture clearly showed that salvation was a gift of God and not earned by works.

Just a footnote on this, Pope John Paul II recently said that salvation is a gift from God and not of works. This was an agreement with Martin Luther, who was previously considered a heretic. BTW, The official Roman Catholic Catechism still says salvation is through works.

.Ant

Originally posted by CoCrucified
Back in the late 1970s there was a bumper sticker people put on their cars. It said, 'I FOUND IT!" I made my own bumper sticker, and it said, "HE FOUND ME!"
:thumb:

Yeah, I'm definately a protestant. I don't worship Mary, and don't think too much of the pope.

And I'm certainly a Christian.

CoCrucified

Originally posted by Zakath
Assemblies of God, then I pastored two independent churches.

Was there a particular event that caused you to become an Atheist?

Please don't feel that you have to answer me. I just like to get a feel for where people are coming from.

shilohproject

Originally posted by Z Man
Shiloh,
You're my enemy, as long as you keep that avatar. ;)
...but I say to you, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven..." Hey , I know that's a peace-nic thing to say, but it wasn't originally written by me!

(Really I just put that there to jazz you up! I saw a trailer for the new release and it looks pretty sweet.):cool:

shilohproject

Originally posted by famousGandalf7
Christian. (other)
With so many responses saying Christian-Other, I feel silly but have to ask, what do you (all) mean by "other?" How would you desribe your position? How is it contrary to, say, traditional Catholic or protestant positions?

Just curious.:help:

philosophizer

I voted "other." I am technically a protestant, in that I don't subscribe to catholicism. But I don't consider myself any particular denomination of protestantism. I kinda think denominations are a bad idea anyway. Conceptualizations are prisons for the mind.

I believe the bible is the inerrant Word of God. I believe that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world, was true God and true man, was resurrected, and is the only way to the Father. :thumb:

Aimiel

My House Shall be Called: A House of Prayer

My House Shall be Called: A House of Prayer

Though I am a member of my church (which is not affiliated with any particular denomination) I do not answer, other than to say, "Christian," when asked my church affilliation / denomination. I don't have religion, and since the believers are the church, the Body of Christ, with the Lord making His Abode on the inside of us, the priority should be on Him, not on man's works. I am a spirit-filled believer, but don't consider that a denomination, merely a step which is taken (or not) in a Christian's life.

Z Man

Sadly, no.... :( But gladly, I'm back home in good 'ol NC! Getting ready for the college life this fall.... :dunce:

Aimiel

Personally, I like the way Jesse Duplantis answers this question. He turns it back on the asker, and whatever they say, he usually says, "I am too," and is able to witness to them. He says that everyone that lives in Louisanna has been Catholic, at least once. He says that He is a witness to Jehovah. He says that he is (whatever someone says) so that they will feel relaxed and confide in him what they really think of the situation they are in (plane ride, shopping check-out, whatever) and they are then off to a running start in a good conversation.

Mathaytace ><>

I don't like denominational labels, I am a Christian, a Christ Follower, but if I must......

Theologically I fit in well with the The Charasmatic Churches although I do attend a Reformed Episcopal Church. And politically I am right-wing.

:chuckle:

Last edited:

CoCrucified

Originally posted by Mathaytace ><>
I don't like denominational labels, I am a Christian, a Christ Follower, but if I must......

I agree about the denominational labels. They are man made.

My preference in Churches are the non-denominational Bible Churches.