Free Will

beloved57

That is an excellent point. There are no scriptures speaking about the things Calvinists say.
Nothing that beloved57 says is in the scriptures at all.
Rom 5:10 says that those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies rejecting and hating God!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

Since the Cross ALL MEN are drawn to Christ (Jn.12:32).

Of course when the Calvinists see the words "all men" they think it means "some men."
Yes or No, according to Jn 6:44, can a man of his own freewill come to Christ?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
:p

As long as I've been here, b57 has never put me on his iggy list,...and I lavish him with so much commentary, and still get those one line responses. I guess we're all special :)
I don't believe he wrote those commentarys . It's Plagiarism. Same with Robert pate. He does the same as well. Infringement of copyrights welcomes me on his Iggy list. Jail should welcome both of them.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Once again you make your bold statements and once again you give no evidence from the Scriptures to support those statements.
No one freed man's will.
Coming to formless timeless Jesus spirit is something only done invisibly by God since men can't see it, feel it, know it, alone.
Man has free will know something is empty, void.

You guys preach nothing as something exist. God knows what he is talking about and he tells us through the Bible, not urantia

Jerry Shugart

I don't believe he wrote those commentarys . It's Plagiarism. Same with Robert pate. He does the same as well. Infringement of copyrights welcomes me on his Iggy list. Jail should welcome both of them.

Jail will be a nice place compared to the place where you are headed!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God's Children Eph. 1:4-5 come to know Him as the scriptures reveal Him, and how He has provided Eternal Life for all of them according to His Perfect Will; not the freewill of man, nor his own rationalizations about Him.
Isaiah 1:18a, "'Come, let us reason together,' says the Lord"

Nanja, come, let us reason together about the Bible and what is taught therein. I'm willing to discuss in detail what the Bible says about issues such as free will vs predestination, but in order for there to be discussion, there has to be reciprocation.

So to start, Does the Bible overall teach that God is good or evil? Good, right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

Evidently what the Lord Jesus said at John 12:32 means nothing to you. Of course you refuse to believe what He said there because you put more faith in the Calvinistic teachings than you do in what the Lord Jesus says.
Yes or No!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You think evil thoughts against God just like your father John 8:44.

So you're saying that God is like a man who kidnaps a woman, forces her into his home, cements up the windows and doors and commands her to love him?

That's sick.

I believe God is like a man who woos a woman, so that she marries him, and comes with him willingly into his home, and gladly loves him and bears his children.

Nanja and Beloved57 are doing what they like to do most. Arguing. I only have one thought that concerns me. In Matthew 24:9-10, we see a picture of church infighting and betrayal. I see many here as accepting and loving. The fastest way to figure this out is to observe the value placed on the other person by ones response.

There is a picture of denominational loyalty here and there are parties in here who clearly devalue all that don't believe exactly as they do.

I believe that you are witnessing a picture of the "type" of siblings in Christ that "might" hand their fellow blood believers over to the sword. I could be wrong and pray I'm wrong, but this has crossed my mind every time I see the concrete stubbornness of certain people here.

I have only one thing further to say on the matter...

Beloved57 and Nanja stab people to the face, but there were others here that have a tangent ECT thread and were stabbing the people they were debating in the back there. I'm pointing this out because it is a matter addressed in Galatians chapter 5:19-26.

We also have 1st John 4 to assist our discernment. I will reveal that, though I am harsh with sarcasm and humor, I count every person as a child of God. How could I Love God who I haven't seen, if I hate my brother or sister who I have seen?

You who love without refrain and get called horrible things for your efforts... this is for more than just JudgeRightly, though he is one of the people I am now referencing... you make me glad and full of hope! You who love without refrain have that blood stained banner held high.

No hashtags for this post.

But I edit this in... if Beloved57 and Nanja really see God the way they do, how could they be motivated by anything but fear and terror? I believe this is the true root of their stubbornness.

Last edited:

Jamie Gigliotti

Okay. All things equal. God loves everyone, Christ died for everyone. Everyone has the same opportunity to get saved. Now why did you get saved opposed to the others who wind up lost? What made the difference? You or God and then tell me why.

God acted first. He sent His Son. Jesus humbled himself for His love's sake, of His Father, ok us.

His Spirit convicts of sin, His word His truth makes the offer known, the good news, the Gospel; the most undeserving gift! We in contrition of heart say yes or in pride say no.

Let me ask you this. If in humility we acknowledge we are not Christlike enough and we that Christlikeness is His desire for us; what is next? Continue to repent, to surrender more, to desire more of Him, more intimacy, more of His power. Its the choice to get what we do not deserve. Him!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
God acted first. He sent His Son. Jesus humbled himself for His love's sake, of His Father, ok us.

His Spirit convicts of sin, His word His truth makes the offer known, the good news, the Gospel; the most undeserving gift! We in contrition of heart say yes or in pride say no.

Let me ask you this. If in humility we acknowledge we are not Christlike enough and we that Christlikeness is His desire for us; what is next? Continue to repent, to surrender more, to desire more of Him, more intimacy, more of His power. It's the choice to get what we do not deserve. Him!

While I agree with your answer, you'd have been better off not answering B57's question.

His question is loaded. It can't be answered in any way that won't ring in B57's mind as affirming his own doctrine. You'd be wiser to understand who you're dealing with and realized that B57 is never ever actually asking a question. Every sentence he writes that ends with a question mark is a trap and should never be accepted at face value. B57 is the most consistently dishonest "debater" on TOL.

(You may have already been 100% aware of all of that. My addressing you specifically is primarily rhetorical.)

Resting in Him,
Clete

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

I write my commentaries totally free hand, here and everywhere on the forum. If I quote anything I put the quote in actual quote boxes and leave references. So, you're assumption is totally false and presumptuous. It is more likely that you fail to intellectually engage or understand what is presented, so you don't bother reading it, which renders any intelligent dialogue retarded on your part.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
broken record..................

broken record..................

Where did that scripture say that God gave man a freewill?

Did your brain get stuck in a groove?

You still have yet to answer the question about Adam & Eve here. - but we're not sure you are actually interested in having an intelligent dialogue on the subject. Did Adam & Eve have any freedom to choose in how they would respond to God's instructions? This is before the so called 'Fall', mind you, which could present even more complications for your pet 'theology'.

beloved57

Let me ask you this. If in humility we acknowledge we are not Christlike enough and we that Christlikeness is His desire for us; what is next? Continue to repent, to surrender more, to desire more of Him, more intimacy, more of His power. Its the choice to get what we do not deserve. Him!
Didn't answer the question.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Did your brain get stuck in a groove?

You still have yet to answer the question about Adam & Eve here. - but we're not sure you are actually interested in having an intelligent dialogue on the subject. Did Adam & Eve have any freedom to choose in how they would respond to God's instructions? This is before the so called 'Fall', mind you, which could present even more complications for your pet 'theology'.
If B57 would answer just one of the many questions I've asked, I'd be satisfied (somewhat). I don't expect him to though, and neither should anyone else. I think he think that he's predestined to not answer any questions and to continue asking that question.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
If B57 would answer just one of the many questions I've asked, I'd be satisfied (somewhat). I don't expect him to though, and neither should anyone else. I think he think that he's predestined to not answer any questions and to continue asking that question.

You're kind of a newbie here,...this is his M.O.

Which is why I sometimes have to weigh how much I engage and write, since its the same ole bait n switch tactics, all circular. I trust some intelligent readers however will enjoy the commentary and it can serve to inform, inspire and expand consciousness on the subject at hand. Some however are so used to their 'programming' that they mistake doctrinal 'grid-lock' for truth, which is quite sad. Sometimes one can hold a better status by just admitting they don't know, which is an 'agnostic' position :) - at least then,...they wouldnt be in bondage to a 'dogma' which can only be supported by circular reasoning.