Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Mounds of real evidence to the contrary, want a example?

images

Progeria when something young grows old in a short period of time.

Josiah suffers from progeria, a genetic disease that causes accelerated aging in children. Its name, of Greek origin, means "prematurely old." Incurable, progeria is among the rarest diseases on Earth and affects roughly one in 4 million.

Dr. Colleen Walsh, who treats Josiah, said it was hard to tell how old his body is.

"About one year was equal to about 10 years," Walsh said. "Josiah's looking at being between an average 60- to 70-year-old."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Family/rare-disease-body-age-rapidly-stop-boy-playing/story?id=14029162

When sin entered Gods creation things went south in a hurry.

everready

What in the world does progeria have to do with evolution? It's an incredibly rare disease.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Science seems to think millions of years, this child aged in a short time, will science tell us that sin caused the universe to look old in similar fashion the way this child looks old, or maybe you don't understand what I'm getting at "looks are deceiving"

everready

You've got to be joking. I'm not engaging you further until you tell me what the highest level (middle school/high school/undergrad/grad) at which you took a biology course was, because this is ridiculous

way 2 go

So I watched, and you are correct that they didn't find the part of Ambulocetus's skull where the nasal opening was. What they did find was the top of the skull until about halfway down the upper jaw, and also the entire lower jaw (which is how they know exactly how long the snout was). So yes, the part of Ambulocetus skulls on display do all have casts that make up the end of the snout, for the sake of not displaying a skull that is missing half of its top jaw. That you are spot on about.

The problem comes when you say that they fabricated a blowhole. They didn't fabricate a blowhole, they fabricated a nasal passage on the nose,

by fabricated you mean presented as the truth

roughly in the same spot that modern crocodiles have. Those are just meant to be nostrils. If you look at a whale or porpoise, you'll notice that blowholes are always on the top of the head, not on the nose. If scientists had wanted to fabricate Ambulocetus to make it more whale-like, they would drilled a blowhole in the top of the head, but that's not what they did.
they put it in the lineage of whales

For Rhodocetus, I'll check into your claim momentarily,
Rhodocetus fake ?

Good post, though. You correctly pointed something out instead of doing dishonest things. Respect .Are you aware that modern whales have finger bones inside of their fins? That's why reconstructions of cetaceans that have missing fins are given fingerbones

my dog has 5 "fingerbones" in her paws :confused:

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Dear Kdall,

I just think it is a huge amount of time that it is too much. It's not that I just don't like it. It's that I just don't believe it. You can't handle what happened 7,000 years ago, yet I'm supposed to believe something that happened 220 million years ago? You've got to be kidding, right?

Michael

No Michael, I expect anyone who can look objectively at evidence to come to the conclusion, based on science and not one single untestable interpretation of a 4000 year old religious story, that the Earth is indeed far older than 220 million years. You have previously stated that you don't believe in Earth's great age partially because you don't think God would wait around that long for man to arrive. That's your opinion, but science has gathered evidence saying that God, assuming His existence in the first place, did wait that long. It makes no difference if you don't understand why God would wait so long. As He is God and you are man, you likely cannot comprehend what God's feeling on waiting billions of years for people truly was. As I've mentioned before, because God is outside of the universe and time is a construct of said universe, He likely doesn't experience the passing of time. He's outside of the physical reality that we experience. If something is outside of the physical universe then it is not subject to the laws and processes that govern it

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
by fabricated you mean presented as the truth

they put it in the lineage of whales

Rhodocetus fake ?

my dog has 5 "fingerbones" in her paws :confused:

Yes, your dog does. She too has the same ancestor from many millions of years back that humans and whales, and ALL mammals do, the cynodonts. And those fingers inside of the whale's fin are evidence that it's ancestors were terrestrial.

Let me ask you this: you have a complete human skeleton with just one problem: the top half of the skull is missing. You can either display your half headless skeleton, or, using the bottom jaw to determine the exact size that you need, you can make a cast of what you know the rest of the skull to look like. That way you can have a complete skeleton instead of a mutilated one. Which do you choose?

everready

You've got to be joking. I'm not engaging you further until you tell me what the highest level (middle school/high school/undergrad/grad) at which you took a biology course was, because this is ridiculous

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what the heavens and earth looked like before the fall?

everready

noguru

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what the heavens and earth looked like before the fall?

everready

Well lets see. Old agers tell us what the earth looked like back then. So perhaps it is your responsibility to tell us your view of your model.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

everready

Sorry, but seeing as there's no way to scientifically examine such an event, or even say that it happened, I can't.

On the other hand, we CAN scientifically examine the Earth's geology and paleontology to determine the age of it, and therefore I can determine that the Bible is either speaking allegorically about creation or it is just plain wrong

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
People....STOP feeding the trolls. Please!

Note: according to Stan, a troll is someone who makes decisions based on evidence, rather than their individual interpretations of ancient, unquantifiable religious texts (or more accurately, copies of copies of copies of those texts, as we have no original documents)

DavisBJ

People....STOP feeding the trolls. Please!
Note: according to Stan, a troll is someone who makes decisions based on evidence, rather than their individual interpretations of ancient, unquantifiable religious texts (or more accurately, copies of copies of copies of those texts, as we have no original documents)
No. I think StanJ is just saying he is getting way too full, and he really would like rational people to stop feeding him.

DavisBJ

Fossil Dating

Fossil Dating

… scientists have taken samples of Triassic rock layers from all over the world and the tests always determine that those layers are about 220-200 million years old, as do the tests on the fossils found within these Triassic layers
Question on the end of your sentence above: “as do the tests on the fossils found within these Triassic layers”

Aren’t fossils generally formed by the gradual replacement of the original biological material by minerals? As such, I question that the fossils themselves would be good candidates for radiological dating.

DavisBJ

Everready,

I am an unbeliever. As I go about my daily life, I sometimes see despicable people, and often I see truly admirable people. There seems to be a fairly low correlation between the “good” people and their declaration of allegiance to whatever religious views they profess, their race, or their nationality. Therefore I was struck by your statement:
… we're bankrupt, totally depraved, spiritual thinking isn't in our vocabulary …

everready
This is one of the ugliest views of humanity that I can imagine. I am not bankrupt, or depraved, and I often speak of the beauty I see in life. I get the feeling that if I were to ask you for spiritual guidance, to fit in with your description perhaps I should first engage in a period of lawlessness, sexual depravity, and wickedness, and then smear excrement all over myself to somehow make myself more fit for your spiritual guidance.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No Michael, I expect anyone who can look objectively at evidence to come to the conclusion, based on science and not one single untestable interpretation of a 4000 year old religious story, that the Earth is indeed far older than 220 million years. You have previously stated that you don't believe in Earth's great age partially because you don't think God would wait around that long for man to arrive. That's your opinion, but science has gathered evidence saying that God, assuming His existence in the first place, did wait that long. It makes no difference if you don't understand why God would wait so long. As He is God and you are man, you likely cannot comprehend what God's feeling on waiting billions of years for people truly was. As I've mentioned before, because God is outside of the universe and time is a construct of said universe, He likely doesn't experience the passing of time. He's outside of the physical reality that we experience. If something is outside of the physical universe then it is not subject to the laws and processes that govern it

Dear Kdall,

Then I guess we agree to disagree, because I don't believe that this Earth has been here for 220 million years! Believe whatever you like, yourself.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Kdall,

We have the Dead Sea Scrolls, among other texts that have been found. I mean, they did not have Writing Tablets back then. I think that you and noguru just have weak arguments. Even if you said the Earth were 20 million years old, I wouldn't believe you. Do you know how many days are in 220 million years?!! Get a grip! You figure that what you say won't be opposed because it's so ridiculous that it could not be proven or unproven by anyone.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.