if
the union sucks the blood out of a car company
but
your only option
is
to vote republican
if
the union sucks the blood out of our public schools

Until the Republicans cut the funding for the public schools, and drive away so many teachers that there aren't any. Then the point is moot.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Until the Republicans cut the funding for the public schools, and drive away so many teachers that there aren't any. Then the point is moot.

I had a related conversation with conservative friends last night. They have family who've moved upstate to a more liberal urban area where their kids are getting a quality education, additional support for their autistic child, music and art in the curriculum (the availability of art and music classes astounded them), all things that are scarce to missing where we live. He acknowledged that none of those benefits would be possible here because almost every ballot proposition is consistently voted down. Voters here say no to everything, and it shows in the infrastructure wherever I go. (With the exceptions being the wealthy enclaves where developers' fees and higher property taxes make a significant and visible difference.)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
while walker is getting all the credit for bringing the unions under control
it would not be possible without a republican legislature
it was all done without a single democrats vote
so
the people across this blue state are tired of watching companies leave their state due to high taxes
and
are exercising their only option
vote republican

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He said femininity is a possession of women. I think you are reaching here.

If you look at the way chrys was using the idea of possession, I think he goes further than the idea of simply possessing a quality:

I thought of another definition for feminist

any woman who has lost her femininity
what may be her most valuable possession

once you lose it
can you ever get it back?

It's almost as if he's comparing femininity to lost virtue. And anyway, how does a woman somehow "lose" that quality that's a part of her identity and personality? Does she wake up one morning and search around for her femininity to put on for the day only to find that, much to her horror, she's misplaced it?

many women consider their man to be their most valuable possession
you just have to keep him

Here he's talking about one person possessing another, and about it being the woman's job to "keep" the man. (Does he assign the man the same job I wonder? Either way, I don't agree with that concept of possession.)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If you look at the way chrys was using the idea of possession, I think he goes further than the idea of simply possessing a quality:

It's almost as if he's comparing femininity to lost virtue. And anyway, how does a woman somehow "lose" that quality that's a part of her identity and personality? Does she wake up one morning and search around for her femininity to put on for the day only to find that, much to her horror, she's misplaced it?
I don't know what he meant by that. :idunno: My point is that I read Rusha's post as implying something about chrys thinking women are possessions and I don't think he meant anything like that. His post wasn't 'odd' in that respect. Or, I didn't read it that way at least.

Here he's talking about one person possessing another, and about it being the woman's job to "keep" the man. (Does he assign the man the same job I wonder?
I assume he does.

Either way, I don't agree with that concept of possession.)
What is 'that concept' of possession? In any case, chrys's post doesn't necessarily mean he agrees with it either. He's just saying that some women have that idea (whatever that idea is).

In general, talk of possession can be good or bad. Like chrys says, it depends on how you look at it. For example, being jealous for/about someone could imply some level of 'possession' but generally jealousy for a spouse isn't viewed as a bad thing. It doesn't mean you own them like an object. And from the way the NT talks about marriage I think you might be able to think of it as mutual possession, in loving them as yourself and becoming one flesh.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Absolutely not.

And ungodly feminists have made it very difficult for faithful, biblical, Christian women, to share their faith in public.

:help:

we don't agree on much
but
for some reason I believe we are on the same side

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
And anyway, how does a woman somehow "lose" that quality that's a part of her identity and personality?

the day she becomes a victim
the day she decides that some one needs to be punished for the situation she is in
the day she starts twisting the meaning of words some one uses

a woman can make a man feel like the most important person in the world
she can also make him feel like an incompetent fool
and
that is why she is in control
many have not figured that out

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times, he'll have good times
Doin' things that you don't understand
But if you love him, you'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him, oh be proud of him
'Cause after all he's just a man.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times, he'll have good times
But if you love him, you'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him, oh be proud of him
'Cause after all he's just a man.

Interesting ... that not one line of your "Let's support the men" speech mentions him being required to give the unconditional support to the woman regardless of what she does.

Sometimes it's hard to be a man
Giving all your love to just one woman
You'll have bad times, she'll have good times
But if you love her, you'll forgive her
Even though she's hard to understand
And if you love her, oh be proud of her
'Cause after all she's just a woman.
Let's try it this way ...

Translation (according to your standard):

Wives also have a "do whatever works for her" policy.