The Intolerance of 'Tolerance', the Inequality of 'Equality' and Left Wing Hypocrisy

The Berean

It never ceases to amaze me just how self contradictory one can be.

Logic is meaningless without a supernatural grounding and law is arbitrary if the atheists are right.

As many have pointed out, the term "tolerance" and "intolerance" have undergone a semantic shift.

Tolerance no longer means resolving to live peacefully in the midst of ideological disagreement it now means mandatory celebration. Any public dissent is punished.

The ideology of "tolerance" isn't actually tolerant in the traditional definition of the word.

This incident last year simply amazed me. As everyone knows college football player Michael Sam came out as a homosexual before the 2014 NFL draft. When he was drafted he kissed his boyfriend on TV (a staged event by the way). Miami Dolphions player Don Jones tweeted "OMG" and "Horrible!" He was immediately suspended, fined, forced to apologize, and forced to undergo "educational training". Educational training? Are we in America or Oceania? What's next? Having Don Jones go to Room 101? :noid:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ned-tweet-reacting-rams-selection-michael-sam

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins have fined second-year defensive back Don Jones an undisclosed amount and excused him from the team following critical remarks toward Michael Sam, who this weekend became the first openly gay athlete drafted by an NFL team.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher comments on how St. Louis fared during the NFL draft, the decision to select Michael Sam, how the team will deal with all of the publicity and more.

Jones took to Twitter on Saturday soon after Sam was drafted and tweeted "OMG" and "horrible." He later deleted the tweets.

He met with Dolphins brass about his comments Sunday, before the team ruled on his punishment. He must undergo educational training before he can return to the Dolphins, according to the team.

Jones apologized to Sam in his first public comments about the situation.

Jedidiah

So the only question that remains is: Is your inability to grasp the fact that the legal concepts behind race-based discrimination and discrimination against gays are the same due to limited mental abilities, or due to your religion?...
It's curious, isn't it, that the only way in which you can communicate your point about "legal concepts" is by race baiting and comparing women as they are to people committing, as ACW calls it, "filthy sexual behavior."
...IOW, are you just kind of dim, or is your religion making you act like you are?
The latter ? No, the former. Which is which again ? I don't understand these "concepts."

Jose Fly

It's curious, isn't it, that the only way in which you can communicate your point about "legal concepts" is by race baiting and comparing women as they are to people committing, as ACW calls it, "filthy sexual behavior."
The latter ? No, the former. Which is which again ? I don't understand these "concepts."

Thanks for once again demonstrating my point for me.

lovemeorhateme

This incident last year simply amazed me. As everyone knows college football player Michael Sam came out as a homosexual before the 2014 NFL draft. When he was drafted he kissed his boyfriend on TV (a staged event by the way). Miami Dolphions player Don Jones tweeted "OMG" and "Horrible!" He was immediately suspended, fined, forced to apologize, and forced to undergo "educational training". Educational training? Are we in America or Oceania? What's next? Having Don Jones go to Room 101? :noid:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ned-tweet-reacting-rams-selection-michael-sam

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins have fined second-year defensive back Don Jones an undisclosed amount and excused him from the team following critical remarks toward Michael Sam, who this weekend became the first openly gay athlete drafted by an NFL team.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher comments on how St. Louis fared during the NFL draft, the decision to select Michael Sam, how the team will deal with all of the publicity and more.

Jones took to Twitter on Saturday soon after Sam was drafted and tweeted "OMG" and "horrible." He later deleted the tweets.

He met with Dolphins brass about his comments Sunday, before the team ruled on his punishment. He must undergo educational training before he can return to the Dolphins, according to the team.

Jones apologized to Sam in his first public comments about the situation.

Thanks for that example. This goes towards my argument that those who espouse left wing, pro-homosexual views in the name of 'tolerance' believe that those they arbitrarily deem to be 'intolerant' should undergo forced 'reeducation' or lose their job. Indeed, there have been examples of that happening here in the UK too with people forced to undergo 'equality and diversity' training or risk losing their jobs.

How tolerant is it to try and force those who you deem to be intolerant to change their 'intolerant' views? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Jose Fly

Thanks for that example. This goes towards my argument that those who espouse left wing, pro-homosexual views in the name of 'tolerance' believe that those they arbitrarily deem to be 'intolerant' should undergo forced 'reeducation' or lose their job. Indeed, there have been examples of that happening here in the UK too with people forced to undergo 'equality and diversity' training or risk losing their jobs.

How tolerant is it to try and force those who you deem to be intolerant to change their 'intolerant' views? Hypocrisy at its finest.
A lot of places would have just fired him. He should be thankful he was offered an alternative.

Jose Fly

So you approve of 'reeducation' of those who hold views which you disagree with? Do you consider yourself to be tolerant?
Depends on the situation. If I'm an employer and one of my employees expresses bigoted viewpoints in a work-related context (especially when I'm in the midst of trying to convince the public that my organization isn't homophobic), then yeah....I'm probably going to have him go to some sort of training. Of course if it's bad enough, I'll just fire him.

lovemeorhateme

Depends on the situation. If I'm an employer and one of my employees expresses bigoted viewpoints in a work-related context (especially when I'm in the midst of trying to convince the public that my organization isn't homophobic), then yeah....I'm probably going to have him go to some sort of training. Of course if it's bad enough, I'll just fire him.

By who's definition of bigoted? What exactly makes someone a 'bigot'? The LGBT community are some of the most bigoted people out there in my experience.

Jose Fly

By who's definition of bigoted? What exactly makes someone a 'bigot'?
The employer's. Most work places have codes of conduct and guidelines about what is and isn't acceptable, which they instruct their employees to abide by. I think every place I've worked has had something like that and made it clear that if I violated them, I could either be fired or sent to additional training.

lovemeorhateme

The employer's. Most work places have codes of conduct and guidelines about what is and isn't acceptable, which they instruct their employees to abide by. I think every place I've worked has had something like that and made it clear that if I violated them, I could either be fired or sent to additional training.

Exactly what is tolerant about patronising so called 'training' to change someone's moral views?

Jose Fly

Exactly what is tolerant about patronising so called 'training' to change someone's moral views?
Obviously you've never been to an employer-mandated diversity training session. They aren't about changing what you think or believe; they're about changing what you say and do while in a work capacity.

Jose Fly

Apparently the difference between "what you believe" and "what you do and say" is another concept that is beyond some people here.

lovemeorhateme

Obviously you've never been to an employer-mandated diversity training session. They aren't about changing what you think or believe; they're about changing what you say and do while in a work capacity.

Thankfully in my current job working for a Christian ministry which campaigns against many of the things the 'tolerant' left love, I won't be forced to go through any of that politically correct claptrap! :D