Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?
"Too yucky for me, YOU go do it"?

No quite there yet as this story illustrates but the tide has definitely turned. New York has gay marriage for a few years now, are you planning your exodus?

not happy about it, but the democrats have ruled in albany for as long as i can remember

that's what you get for pandering to the cesspool that is nyc

we had a republican governor for a couple weeks once

Tinark

and tinark reads:

Exactly, it's the only thing that makes sense that would prevent her from having a professional relationship with the parents and providing adequate care to the baby. There can't be anything immoral about it (how is communicating health needs of a baby with a sinner immoral?)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't care for Christ by doing what you think is right; you show your love for Christ by doing as He instructed by word and example. Resolving the conflict is done by aligning your own heart with His. So are you actually trying to tell us that if a lesbian, or a prostitute, took their child to Him to be healed He would have turned the child away?
Really, really well said. And I was impressed by what you did, the personal responsibility you and your wife took on abortion. The more I read by you the more I'm heartened. Thank you.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
So are you actually trying to tell us that if a lesbian, or a prostitute, took their child to Him to be healed He would have turned the child away?

would He have developed an eighteen year relationship with them and never commented on their perverted lifestyle?

TracerBullet

She may love her gay neighbors, but did not want a working relationship with this couple due to her belief that third party reproduction is wrong.

you have to respect someone to love them. What ever the doctor was feeling it wasn't love

Tinark

would He have developed an eighteen year relationship with them and never commented on their perverted lifestyle?

But she didn't say "I believe you two are perverts - I can still provide care for your baby, but if you would like to find a different doctor for your baby, I would understand." - did she?

Also, there is no biblical requirement that one must constantly preach judgments against customers in a professional environment, is there?

GFR7

But how can it possibly be immoral to provide medical care to a baby and communicate the health needs of the baby with a sinner?

Is having a professional relationship with a sinner immoral? What is your basis for that?
She probably felt that having a professional relationship with sinners would lead to her having to advise them about it, which would make them angry and alienate them........

Tinark

She probably felt that having a professional relationship with sinners would lead to her having to advise them about it, which would make them angry and alienate them........

What kind of advice? "You two need to get divorced and then hitch up with a man, for the health needs of the baby, of course?"

Does she provide similar advice to her single parents and drop them as patients when they refuse to get married?

GFR7

What kind of advice? "You two need to get divorced and then hitch up with a man, for the health needs of the baby, of course?"

Does she provide similar advice to her single parents and drop them as patients when they refuse to get married?
From the sound of it, quite possibly, yes.

GFR7

I am very surprised to see that Dr. Roi has received 131 negative reviews, obviously written after the incident, by people who have never gone near her practice. I was trying to look up reviews by actual patients, but found only these: I feel sorry for her now. :(

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#...n&lrd=0x8824d78d80957ef9:0xb0fafaeb2e26b445,1

moms20n-2-web.jpg

resodko

BANNED
Banned