Introduction: I am not an open theist

BrianJOrr

I researched that a few months ago. My grandfather is from Scotland, but I was unable to find a connection. But, I could be.

BrianJOrr

How do I PM Knight? I don't see any option to send him a message, only view inbox and see his profile.

I have newbie written all over me. :)

Thanks

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight changed the settings on that. It used to be 50 posts and two weeks. Now it is a lot less.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Greetings,

My name is Brian Orr, and I am not an open theist...
Welcome.

687474703a2f2f736d696c6579736861636b2e66696c65732e776f726470726573732e636f6d2f323031302f31322f77656c636f6d652d7761676f6e2e6769663f773d31303426683d3731

Recommended reading:

Open Theism Debate: James White vs Bob Enyart

Battle Royale X: Is the Future Settled or Open? Samuel Lamerson vs Bob Enyart

Last edited:

Lon

How do I PM Knight? I don't see any option to send him a message, only view inbox and see his profile.

I have newbie written all over me. :)

Thanks

Naw, you are good, it is just a forum that you can read, but have to have access to in order to post there.

I'd suggest the Ask Knight II thread.

Here are a couple of threads you might be interested in:

Battle Royale Does God Know your entire future?

Here is a redux of this one that another Reformed poster took a whirl on.

There are 3 threads that are each about 500 posts long that ask, debate, and answer a lot of Open Theism questions:

Open Theism 1
Open Theism 2
Open Theism 3

Between these and the Theology Club, I'd think you'd be fairly busy.

Welcome to TOL

-Lon

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Greetings,

My name is Brian Orr, and I am not an open theist; I am of the Reformed persuasion. I am a PhD student, historical theology, and my thesis will focus on the influence of Adolf von Harnack in the development of open theism. I am here to seek feedback as needed from open theists to ensure that my work demonstrates clarity in representation of those who are open theists.

Hi. Welcome. I know nothing about von Harnack but you are welcome to visit me on my 'Big Picture' thread in theology club.

IMJerusha

Greetings,

My name is Brian Orr, and I am not an open theist; I am of the Reformed persuasion. I am a PhD student, historical theology, and my thesis will focus on the influence of Adolf von Harnack in the development of open theism. I am here to seek feedback as needed from open theists to ensure that my work demonstrates clarity in representation of those who are open theists. I will ask questions from time to time that will at times be in a form that challenges open theism but do so to learn not create a hostile environment.

I am looking for solid, biblical and philosophical arguments from those who are open theists, not ones rooted in emotion or experiential only. This area of theology, theology proper, is our most important doctrine of the Christian faith, which requires the totality of special and general revelation to be examined and interpreted in a clear and concise manner, that coheres with and in the Scriptures.

I am also looking to find as much written material, scholarly that is, from open theists, and I hope there are those in this group that can help me with that.

I hope I am received in this group, and I will do my best to ensure that my posts and comments are as charitable as possible. I won't be one that trolls the board to stir up trouble. I just want to learn as much as I can.

Thanks,

Brian Orr

I wish you well in your endeavor and welcome you to TOL! I can't offer you anything regarding theology, however. I function on simple faith and Scripture. Oh well! :)

BrianJOrr

Thanks Desert Rain.

ImJerusha, we cannot live on bread alone but on every word from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Greetings,

My name is Brian Orr, and I am not an open theist; I am of the Reformed persuasion. I am a PhD student, historical theology, and my thesis will focus on the influence of Adolf von Harnack in the development of open theism. I am here to seek feedback as needed from open theists to ensure that my work demonstrates clarity in representation of those who are open theists. I will ask questions from time to time that will at times be in a form that challenges open theism but do so to learn not create a hostile environment.

I am looking for solid, biblical and philosophical arguments from those who are open theists, not ones rooted in emotion or experiential only. This area of theology, theology proper, is our most important doctrine of the Christian faith, which requires the totality of special and general revelation to be examined and interpreted in a clear and concise manner, that coheres with and in the Scriptures.

I am also looking to find as much written material, scholarly that is, from open theists, and I hope there are those in this group that can help me with that.

I hope I am received in this group, and I will do my best to ensure that my posts and comments are as charitable as possible. I won't be one that trolls the board to stir up trouble. I just want to learn as much as I can.

Thanks,

Brian Orr

Yea ah Brian, I think you've worn out your welcome here with the charitable part...
But no open theism is good. Go in peace my son.