ECT To all of you cessationalists

Cross Reference

If it's a gift He's given you, He's given it to you to use for His glory.

. . . per His instructions, but, you wouldn't know anything thing about that sort of thing given your willful ignorance, misplaced presumption being your way of life.

Last edited:

musterion

Quit dodging.

There's a lost world of unbelievers out there that God desires be saved, as many as possible. The signs and wonders you claim to have were intended for them.

Why do you not go out and show them?

Do you think you please God that you won't?

andyc

Idiot. No one in the N.T. was asked to have faith in the sign and wonder miracles they saw. The miracles were self-verifying of the truth of the apostles' preaching.

Acts 14:9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed

They'd be biblically correct in asking you for them.

John 4:48 Then Jesus said to him, "Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe."

Tongues, and by extension the other sign and wonder miracles, were expressly intended for unbelievers (1 Cor 14:22). Of course you dismiss any passage of the Bible that doesn't support your delusions so you'll wave that away as a gnat.

1 Corinthians 14:2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no-one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

I'm already persuaded because I already believe. The signs and wonders were not targeted at me.

Why do you deny your signs and wonders to the unbelieving, perishing world God intended them for (1 Cor 14:22)? Do you not believe that verse?

Mark 6:5-6
He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went round teaching from village to village.

You need to buy a decent translation of the bible.

musterion

Acts 14:9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed

14:7 There they preached the gospel.

Paul didn't preach physical healing. The man heard Paul, believed what Paul spoke of Christ, and was healed. God used him to verify Paul's preaching.

andyc

Paul didn't preach physical healing. The man heard Paul, believed what Paul spoke of Christ, and was healed. God used him to verify Paul's preaching.

Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed

I know it doesn't gel with you. Not a biggie.

Cross Reference

Quit dodging.

There's a lost world of unbelievers out there that God desires be saved, as many as possible. The signs and wonders you claim to have were intended for them.

Why do you not go out and show them?

Do you think you please God that you won't?

. . . per His instructions, but, you wouldn't know anything thing about that sort of thing given your willful ignorance and presumption being your way of life.

You need to learn His ways. But, in that you also "stammer" at.

oatmeal

To even say that, now I know you're an unbeliever.

So you say I am wrong to believe scripture?

I believe those things happened.

Do you believe John 14:12?

Obviously, you do not.

Or you err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God

andyc

I believe that anything is possible with God, and that all the promises of God are yes and amen in Christ. However, what the cessationist doesn't understand is that there is a difference between hope and faith. Hope is kindled when there is a word promising something. Hope takes hold of a word/promise and believes that God can do a specific work, but faith is where the word is received in the heart where there is an inner knowing that God has answered prayer, and that the manifestation is only a matter of time. The believer enters a state of rest knowing that what God has promised will definitely take place.

Everyone starts off with hope, and people need to be around like-minded believers to encourage each other and build each other up until there is an expectation. What a lot of doubters tend to assume is that faith people are walking in presumption, not faith, but faith starts with presumption. We have to presume that the word is true, and then the word must be received in the heart in order to birth a miracle.

musterion

I believe that anything is possible with God, and that all the promises of God are yes and amen in Christ. However, what the cessationist doesn't understand is that there is a difference between hope and faith. Hope is kindled when there is a word promising something. Hope takes hold of a word/promise and believes that God can do a specific work, but faith is where the word is received in the heart where there is an inner knowing that God has answered prayer, and that the manifestation is only a matter of time. The believer enters a state of rest knowing that what God has promised will definitely take place.

Everyone starts off with hope, and people need to be around like-minded believers to encourage each other and build each other up until there is an expectation. What a lot of doubters tend to assume is that faith people are walking in presumption, not faith, but faith starts with presumption. We have to presume that the word is true, and then the word must be received in the heart in order to birth a miracle.

Paul said the things the apostles preached and performed were not done in a corner. They were done as publicly as possible for the time.

Nothing you claim to be able to do today is done publicly, for the benefit of unbelievers. NOTHING.

That proves you - and all charismatics - deluded or deliberate liars.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said the things the apostles preached and performed were not done in a corner. They were done as publicly as possible for the time.

Nothing you claim to be able to do today is done publicly, for the benefit of unbelievers. NOTHING.

No.

It just means you do not believe and never lived among true believers.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

You watch too much TV for your information.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes, you seem to have a good grasp of it.

People come to hear Jesus speak to them personally about something they hope for.

LA

musterion

I should have checked this sooner. For some reason (which I think I can guess), most translators from the KJV on put that as "healed" when it is actually a form of sozo, which in pretty much every other case is translated "saved." <-- click that

So this verse not only puts another hole in pentecostalism, it also puts an even BIGGER one in Calvinism (which I suspect had/has something to do with the choice of "healed"). Paul saw the man -- an unbeliever --heard Paul preach and as a result had the faith to be saved. For Calvinists, that won't do.

The bigger and more terrifying issue is how so many Bible translators opted for "healed" or "made whole" when they translated the SAME word as "saved" elsewhere. I would not want to be in any of their shoes come the Judgment.

Word based mystic

jumping from supposition to conclusions with no facts.

a supposition on what makes a person a liar. poorly done.

I have been part of and or prayed for hundreds of healings where God has answered our prayers. For all types of miraculous events.

Funny that if we were to sensationalize the event you would accuse us of pride and self promotion.

yet if we dont promote ourselves than it is a point of misleading and lying. catch 22 for you unbelievers in the scripture that all things are possible.
you would put pentecostals in a catch 22 position.

I have no desire to make our fellowships or myself a target nor do i desire to put the healed person in the midst of a religious or political show.

that is disgusting. there is more important issues at stake. like growing people up in discipleship, love and faith in Christ.

There is so much miraculous activity in many different missionary and fellowship groups I feel no need to try to dissuade your lack of belief in God answering prayers or all things are possible.

If it is an issue for yourself, earnestly seek out healed people for testimonies. without your unbelief perspective.

It is sad to see that some believe that now that the Holy Spirit is indwelling believers that God uses believers ((less)) than He did when the Holy Spirit did not Indwell believers.

I find it mostly true that people develop their doctrines according to their experience or lack of experience and then validate and interpret the scripture accordingly.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

excellent post andyc ! ! ! i WAS a doubter long ago, 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV, - i pray for that "state of rest" - "knowing" Christ Jesus/God and His Spirit for everyone. it's a contentment, not "wanting" more of this world, needing only God and what God provides, Amen.

Last edited: