Couple must pay lesbian couple $1500 each, on top of 10K fine

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What services do they provide? What do they create for them to aid them? Nothing, those having the party have to set all that up themselves. They deny what they have to perform which would be celebration.

Can a hotel refuse guests because of what might go on in it? No they just rent the space. They arent aiding or celebrating.

They could accomplish the same by allowing the weddings and asking them to supply their own minister.

If it's an abomination to them, I'd think they'd steer clear of having to provide a place for them to celebrate it as well then.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They could accomplish the same by allowing the weddings and asking them to supply their own minister.

They could, but they don't have to and choose not to and since its their land they dont have to make it available for weddings provided by others , since they chose instead to host weddings themselves and now will not and will only rent their space for parties.

Its not up to you or anyone else whether they want to rent space for weddings that they dont perform.

Oh and that baker who refused to make the gays a wedding cake? He also offered to provide treats for their reception, just nothing for a wedding.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
They could, but they don't have to and choose not to and since its their land they dont have to make it available for weddings provided by others , since they chose instead to host weddings themselves and now will not and will only rent their space for parties.

They could also choose not to profit from celebrating what is, to them, an abomination.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What services do they provide? What do they create for them to aid them? Nothing, those having the party have to set all that up themselves. They deny what they have to perform which would be celebration.

Can a hotel refuse guests because of what might go on in it? No they just rent the space. They arent aiding or celebrating.

They're profiting from being the venue. They're profiting off same-sex marriage Angel, no matter how you look at it. To me, that's hypocritical to the nth degree.

mighty_duck

Angel4Truth wrote :there is a huge difference in allowing a venue to be rented and marrying someone.

MD agreed: Exactly!

Glad you realize that, they werent renting spaces for weddings they were performing them, they rent spaces for receptions, they hosted weddings in their home themselves, and now will no longer do so for anyone.
What I agreed on was that there is a huge difference between renting a space (or "hosting" an event) and marrying a couple.

The Giffords did the former. Your links (ministers, who won in court) are the latter.
Do you think they should close altogether and not have a business?

If they want to run a business that's open to the public, they should not be allowed to discriminate in this way. I have about as much sympathy for them as for those objecting to mixed race marriages in previous generations. History will judge them similarly.

I would be glad to take bets on that as well (though it my take a while)

Arthur Brain

I don't like that they choose sexuality against nature and God (same with gay men).
I don't like their political ideology.
I don't like the academic literature lesbians put out.
I don't like their "holier than thou" political correctness.
I don't like that they often disparage boys and men.
I don't like that they use men as sperm donors.

When did you *choose* to be straight? Can you alter that at will?

Does a lesbian automatically hold to a political ideology simply for being attracted to other women or hold with some vague 'academic literature' also?

All of this is just sweeping broad brush generalization and based on what exactly?

musterion

The problem is that through your words, you and Musterion show that you look down your nose at them, you consider yourself better than them.

Maybe because you're a Luke 18:11 kind of Christian.

A partaker in idolatry is in no position to judge anyone for anything. Hush.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Angel, this post is for you, not for the guys hiding under the couch.

It seems to me that perhaps the Giffords may have been accustomed to being self-righteously prejudicial in denying equal access, and then they got caught.

Their hapless hauling out and parading of their token gays

“We respect and care for everyone!’’ Cynthia Gifford told me. “We had an openly gay man working for us this past season,’’ she said.
“We’ve had a woman who’s transitioning to be a man. We don’t discriminate against anyone.’’
would be dark comedic if it wasn't so insulting to their employees and so clearly indicative that their "we respect and care for everyone!" is a talk without a walk, and their "we don't discriminate against anyone" obviously wasn't true prior to the court case.

And yet, they got to have their wedding cake and eat it too, because the minute they took money as the venue for the celebration of what they believe to be sinful is the minute they lost any credibility as some sort of last bastion in the culture wars.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those ugly dykes are not married. Marriage is an act of God that government is to recognize, not the other way around. They should not pay it.

Truster

If it's not shoot thy neighbour it’s sue thy neighbour.

It would seem that when you asked for freedom the Almighty granted it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If this didn't involve the erosion of everyone's rights, it would be poetic justice. But it doesn't impact just those who sought to deny rights to homosexuals.

The irony that attempts to take rights away from homosexuals has led to homosexuals taking right away from others is probably lost to the yahoos on both extremes of the divide. But one can take a little bitter amusement at the reality that taking rights from people will inevitably bite one from behind.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
If this didn't involve the erosion of everyone's rights, it would be poetic justice. But it doesn't impact just those who sought to deny rights to homosexuals.

The irony that attempts to take rights away from homosexuals has led to homosexuals taking right away from others is probably lost to the yahoos on both extremes of the divide. But one can take a little bitter amusement at the reality that taking rights from people will inevitably bite one from behind.
It amazes me that when laws begin to remedy the imbalances in practice directed at an oppressed minority, members of the majority cry foul.

I have no compassion for those who lose their right to unfairly discriminate. Caucasian's loss of N-word privileges, for example, is not a worthy cause.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
What a lovely couple......... not. :plain:
What a racket. :nono:

‘We’ve gone from tolerance to compulsion,’ the Giffords’ lawyer, James Trainor, told the New York Post.

What if the couple were black? Would that have you in this big of a tizzy?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Being black isn't a choice....

I understand the argument you're making. What if scientists conclusively PROVE that ones sexuality is determined by genetics? I don't believe they have done that yet, but what if? Would that change your opinion?

Jose Fly

Being black isn't a choice....

No, but me marrying a black woman would be. And there certainly are groups of Christians who believe such a thing is wrong, because they believe their god put the different races on different continents for a reason.

So if they opened up a wedding and reception business, would it be legal for them to discriminate against me and my bride?

genuineoriginal

I understand the argument you're making. What if scientists conclusively PROVE that ones sexuality is determined by genetics? I don't believe they have done that yet, but what if? Would that change your opinion?
Kinsey already proved that infants are homosexual by molesting babies, didn't he?