toldailytopic: Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 19th, 2011 11:02 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is a trick question
if
you say no, you are suggesting there are two Gods
if
you say yes, you are denying the divinity of Jesus
so
the correct answer is Muslims have an incorrect view of God

elohiym

Sometimes it appears that different Christians don't worship the same God.

There is only one God.

The question is, regardless what label you take, do you worship Him in Spirit and truth?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
No we do not worship the same God. The Quran is their authority and the Bible is ours. God gave His son for the redemption of sins. The Quran says that Muhammad was the final prophet and his words are Gods words and instructions to mankind. Their belief is in the 5 pillars of Islam for "possible" entrance to paradise. They believe that God can reject them at a future judgement. They are under the law of their 5 pillars.

keypurr

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 19th, 2011 11:02 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

It seems that they also worship the God of Abraham. They see Jesus as a great prophet. However they branch off from there like the early Christian churches did. We all have one goal but are taking many roads to get there.
Peace

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

elohiym

No we do not worship the same God.

You are probably correct.

86.7% of the abortions in the United States are for Christian mothers.

The Quran is their authority and the Bible is ours.

The Quran points to the Bible and claims Muslims should believe Jesus. I know a Muslim who accepted Christ for that reason.

That most Muslims appear to not believe Jesus looks less shocking to me than most Christians who appear to not believe Jesus.

I perceive false Christians are just comfy in their self-righteous ecumenicism.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do Christians and Muslims worship that same God? The answer is no. The name Allah can be traced back to a moon god in pre Muslim Arabia.

The word Allah come from Syriac al-ilah. Al is a definite article ilah is god. It is found in pre Arabic inscriptions and is a pre Islamic name.

According to Middle East scholar E.M. Wherry, whose translation of the Quran is still used today, in pre-Islamic times Allah-worship, as well as the worship of Ba-al, were both astral religions in that they involved the worship of the sun, the moon, and the stars (A Comprehensive Commentary on the Quran, Osnabruck: Otto Zeller Verlag, 1973, p. 36)

In Arabia, the sun god was viewed as a female goddess and the moon as the male god. As has been pointed out by many scholars such as Alfred Guilluame, the moon god was called by various names, one of which was Allah! (Islam, p. 7)

Source.

The crescent moon still persists as the symbol for Islam. Its origins are not with Judaism or Christianity. Allah is not the God of the Bible.