Riots in Ferguson MO. USA

99lamb

Anyone care to guess why Mike Brown stole a box of Swisher Sweets?:cigar:
Anyone care to guess if Mike Brown had marijuana in his system?
Before the Liberal Leftist wants to blame a 'racist white cop' let all the facts come out.
Jay Nixon Governor of Missouri thought it was character assassination to release the video of Mike Brown committing strong armed robbery earlier that day.
:mock: Liberals.

Christian Liberty

nope, but attacking a police officer and trying to take his weapon :doh:

Do we actually know that that happened? Was there a less lethal way of trying to solve the problem?

This one may not be "slam dunk" like some of the other ones, but I am definitely not going to just automatically assume the police are telling the truth.

bybee

No, I know that he doesn't have any integrity, I know that that he's a coward, and I'd predicted exactly what he'd do. But I didn't think he'd just straight-up lie in front of everyone.

Does anyone have an idea about why aCW won't just explain what he meant by "jb's" when he said:

What would the reason be that he won't just tell everyone? Why did he even abbreviate it in the first place? What is he afraid of? aCW insults, argues with and alienates almost everyone here, all the time. So why this time is he running away from telling everyone his mind?
What mind?

PureX

Do we actually know that that happened? Was there a less lethal way of trying to solve the problem?

This one may not be "slam dunk" like some of the other ones, but I am definitely not going to just automatically assume the police are telling the truth.
On one of the Sunday morning news discussion shows, yesterday, I heard it reported that the officer's holster had snagged on the side mirror of the police cruiser and he thought the suspect was grabbing for it. Though why he would have turned away from the suspect I don't know. And how credible this report was I don't know, either.

Also, as far as the presumed 'strong arm robbery' goes, even if it's true, it doesn't really have anything at all to do with the shooting, except to those who think killing unarmed thieves is OK (especially when they are very large black men).

99lamb

Christian Liberty
Do we actually know that that happened?

There is a narrative forming that is different from the initial claims that:
1. Mike Brown was just an innocent black man walking down the street.
2. And that the police acted in a manner that was racially motivated.

The other side of the story is that Mike Brown was involved in a strong armed robbery - video evidence.
The police officer didn't know that Mike Brown was involved but...Mike did. So, a routine stop, now escalates into something way beyond stopping a black man for walking in the middle of the road.

Was there a less lethal way of trying to solve the problem?
I suppose, but that would bring one to re-visit why there aren't two police officers in patrol cars. Never should have limited the number of officers in patrol cars to one.

Nor is anyone of a thinking mind. It was the initial narrative of racism, that motivated people to examine what was the background leading up to the initial contact with the police.

PureX

Exactly. Witnesses are telling different stories and just dismissing one side outright does the discussion no good.
These kinds of incidents certainly serve to show us where people's minds and hearts are at, though.

I keep thinking of that Thomas Merton quote: "God save us from those who agree perfectly with their own police".

99lamb

OK, I'm not saying it was racist, so whoever you are criticizing, it isn't me.

O.K., lets start from the beginning:
1. The claims on the street, those agitating, was that the shooting was a result of racism a white cop, therefore = racism.
2. That Mike Brown was doing nothing more than walking down the street.
3. Those were the initial claims I was addressing.

What your particular position on the matter is, I am not even familiar.

fool

Hall of Fame
Here's a question for THall;
Is it their SOP to point rifles AT peaceful protesters?
What's the ROE for pointing a sniper rifle at a crowd?
Or any weapon fro that matter?

Sitamun

As stated by the Chief of Police, as far as the officer knew he was (and still could be) just a man walking down the street.

IMJerusha

nope, but attacking a police officer and trying to take his weapon :doh:

Yup. One thing I've got down pat...Michael Brown was not a peace loving individual. The video and eyewitness report of the robbery he committed in the convenience store combined with the report that he shoved the officer back into the police car proves consistent behavior. It appears he was used to pushing his weight around and using his size to intimidate people. Brown himself disproved Jackson's statement that the shooting and the robbery are two totally different incidents, because Brown's MO is the same in both incidents. The difference was that the store clerk wasn't armed and the Police Officer was.

IMJerusha

Does anyone think that Mike Brown would not have had an incident with the Police that day if he:
Didn't do a strong arm robbery earlier that day?
Wasn't walking in the middle of the street?
Hadn't tried to attack the Police officer and take his weapon?

What racial excuses are put forward for Black on Black crimes?
If you are a Black man you have a greater chance of another Black man committing a crime against you than a Police officer, any outrage over that?

I don't think Michael Brown would have been shot had there been two officers in the car. I think that's the biggest mistake Police Departments are making these days. Had there been two officers, I think Brown would have thought twice before getting aggressive with Officer Wilson. As it was, Brown just repeated his earlier behavior in the convenience mart. I hope Ferguson doubles up in future.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't think Michael Brown would have been shot had there been two officers in the car. I think that's the biggest mistake Police Departments are making these days. Had there been two officers, I think Brown would have thought twice before getting aggressive with Officer Wilson. I hope Ferguson doubles up in future.

They might also hesitate to just murder people in broad daylight in front of another officer.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think the store clerk should have shot him in broad daylight. The way I see it, Michael Brown was heading down that road regardless.

One of the sickest, most clueless and heartless ignorant remarks I've read in a while. Well done.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I believe innocent people have a right to defend themselves against criminals. Sorry if you think that's heartless.

Not what you said--you suggested he deserved to be killed pre-emptively to prevent the kind of life you assumed he was going to lead. That's vicious, depraved, and sick.

Back on the ignore list. You've turned into a real twisted soul all the sudden.

P.S. Considering I'm a gun owner with a concealed carry the idea that I don't think people should defend themselves is both asinine and ignorant. Seems to be all you bring to the party lately.

:loser:

IMJerusha

Not what you said--you suggested he deserved to be killed pre-emptively to prevent the kind of life you assumed he was going to lead. That's vicious, depraved, and sick.

No, I stated, not suggested, that Michael Brown's behavior was going to get him killed regardless.

Back on the ignore list.

Stop taking me off your ignore list and do us a favor.

You've turned into a real twisted soul all the sudden.

Yeah, victims of crime have a tendency to go one of two ways. They either shrivel up and spend their whole life cowering or they grow a backbone and resolve to never let another punk get the better of them.

P.S. Considering I'm a gun owner with a concealed carry the idea that I don't think people should defend themselves is both asinine and ignorant.

There's a whole lot of difference between having a gun and knowing you'll use it if you have to.

Seems to be all you bring to the party lately.

Keep me on ignore so you don't have to endure me. :rolleyes:

Never again!