American Journalist beheaded by Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I think about how mighty and powerful those muslim murderers must have been feeling as they killed a fellow human being in the name of their religious zealotry. And I think that's really what all of this is about: the rush of power and righteousness the zealot feels when he imagines that he is an extension of God, with the power over life and death.

And then I think of all the times I've heard Christians calling for the execution of people they consider to be the enemies of God, and I realize that it's all the same. It's not really about God at all. It's about their own egos, and their lust for that feeling of righteousness and power at the expense of anything else. And how that lust can become so strong that they even become willing to commit murder, to satiate it.

But, of course, it can't be satiated for long. Almost immediately after, they will want to feel it again.

all that nonsense, all because you're too mush-headed to be able to discriminate between justified killing and murder :nono:

what a waste

PureX

Exactly. We're seeing in Iraq what the religious extremists over here wish to turn our country into. Only difference is in a few details regarding dogma.
I think it's crucial that we all come to understand that no matter where we live, or what ideologies we follow, there will always be people among us who are susceptible to this kind of ego-addictive bloodlust. And they are simply awaiting the circumstances that will allow them to exercise it.

So it's even more important that we be willing to ask ourselves if we might be one of those people. Or if, in our own zealotry, we are trying to create the conditions that will allow such bloodlust to be manifested.

Thunder's Muse

I think it's crucial that we all come to understand that no matter where we live, or what ideologies we follow, there will always be people among us who are susceptible to this kind of addictive bloodlust. And they are simply awaiting the circumstances that will allow them to exercise it.

And it's even more important that we be willing to ask ourselves if we might be one of those people. Or if, in our own zealotry, we are trying to create the conditions that will allow such bloodlust to be manifested.

This made me think of Lord of the Flies. Loved that book.

bybee

Which never would have happened if the imbecile before him hadn't decided to invade Iraq for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

Were we really expected to occupy Iraq forever?

Your knee jerk, facile liberal, parochialism is showing.
Yet, should a conservative come up with the same type of invective you would castigate him/her.
GROW UP!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yet, should a conservative come up with the same type of invective you would castigate him/her.
GROW UP!

Answer the post, bybee. We invaded under false pretenses and screwed innocent Iraqis over when we weren't killing or maiming them. Then we ditched and left them vulnerable to monsters worse than al-Qaeda and the Taliban. What exactly is there for us to be proud of?

Nothing Balerion said is untrue. Not a word. That "invective" you're talking about? You just fell for the same stunt you're criticizing. If you weren't so sweet I'd call you a complete hypocrite.

GROW UP!

You want to chew out our side's idiots and criminals (like Charlie Rangel or Dianne Feinswine - or as I like to refer to them, "embarassments"), go right ahead.

I actually would offer some praise to those republicans who actually possessed intelligence, if there were any left. That is to say, hadn't been driven out of the party altogether.

bybee

You want to chew out our side's idiots and criminals (like Charlie Rangel or Dianne Feinswine - or as I like to refer to them, "embarassments"), go right ahead.

I actually would offer some praise to those republicans who actually possessed intelligence, if there were any left. That is to say, hadn't been driven out of the party altogether.

Name calling (of which I am actually inordinately fond) causes polarization when applied to groups.
However, in general, when applied to individuals is usually apt! :)

Consider Harry Truman's famous motto "The Buck Stop's Here" and consider what he inherited?
The current POTUS would be a monumental embarrassment to a man such as HST!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Name calling (of which I am actually inordinately fond) causes polarization when applied to groups.
However, in general, when applied to individuals is usually apt! :)

Consider Harry Truman's famous motto "The Buck Stop's Here" and consider what he inherited?
The current POTUS would be a monumental embarrassment to a man such as HST!

An economy about to boom and the tail end of a war?:confused:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
an incredible amount of national debt and the challenge of transitioning to a peace time economy while downsizing an enormous military machine and dealing with the rebuilding of the collapsed economies in europe and asia and an increasingly belligerent soviet union?

bybee

An economy about to boom and the tail end of a war?:confused:

To utilize an atomic weapon?
To find jobs, homes for thousands of returning veterans?
To keep hidden what Roosevelt did in private both politically and personally? So his reputation of "Savior" would remain unbesmirched?
To do his best to manage the factors which were leading inevitably to the cold war with Russia?

Granite

Hall of Fame
To utilize an atomic weapon?

Which he didn't have to do.

To find jobs, homes for thousands of returning veterans?

GI Bill. Although come to think of it most conservatives these days would've opposed taking care of WWII vets just as though oppose taking care of the ones we have now.

To keep hidden what Roosevelt did in private both politically and personally?

That's more on the press and Secret Service.

To do his best to manage the factors which were leading inevitably to the cold war with Russia?

There was nothing inevitable about the Cold War.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Islamic State of Iraq and Levant terrorists show the beheading of an American photojournalist who has been missing since 2012. The group claims the beheading is a message to President Obama to end the American intervention in Iraq.

Edited version

So, do you let these animals have their way because they threaten to do more if we respond?

Or, do you start exterminating them post haste?
Obviously, what we have been doing has been effective, otherwise, this beheading would have never happened.

elohiym

So, do you let these animals have their way because they threaten to do more if we respond?

Or, do you start exterminating them post haste?

Neither.

Consider what U.S. military leaders are taught.

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate." -- Sun Tzu

bybee

Neither.

Consider what U.S. military leaders are taught.

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate." -- Sun Tzu

Well then, in an attempt to be helpful I like to point out to these ruthless murderers of children, women, the elderly and anyone who crosses their paths that there will be no 72 virgins waiting for them in Islamic Heaven.
Rather, there shall be one Valkyrie with a dull hatchet in one hand and a bottle of iodine in the other! :shocked:

bybee

Which he didn't have to do.

GI Bill. Although come to think of it most conservatives these days would've opposed taking care of WWII vets just as though oppose taking care of the ones we have now.

That's more on the press and Secret Service.

There was nothing inevitable about the Cold War.
The Conservatives ought to hire you. You are a mind reader!
And a "Know-it-all" mind reader at that.

elohiym

Well then, in an attempt to be helpful I like to point out to these ruthless murderers of children, women, the elderly and anyone who crosses their paths that there will be no 72 virgins waiting for them in Islamic Heaven.
Rather, there shall be one Valkyrie with a dull hatchet in one hand and a bottle of iodine in the other! :shocked:

There are more than 72 Virginians waiting to strike.
You can rest assured the U.S. government is working a plan as we speak.
It may be decades before we all learn what that plan was/is.
All war is deception.

Status
Not open for further replies.