Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The paradigm is flawed in many places. .

All you have to do is generalize since there is so much wrong.

KJV alone does not equal Word of God alone.

The evidence based view is that the original autographs in Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic had a level of inspiration/superintendency not found in subsequent translations into other languages. Unlike other works of antiquity, there is a wealth of manuscript evidence that allows us to reconstruct the Greek, etc. texts to over 99% accuracy (with the small variant issues not affecting any Bible belief or practice). The art and science of textual criticism, translation theory, etc. allows us to not limit ourself to KJV since it is not the most accurate, readable version and lacked scholarship and MSS that we now have. It was a revision of earlier translations and 1611 is not even used by KJVO (Cambridge, 1769, etc. is). It can be shown that KJV is good, but imperfect. KJVO conspiracy theories are myth, not fact.

The real battle should be skeptics and Christians who challenge inerrancy, etc., not with sectarian, divisive, fringe KJVO causing unnecessary confusion and division in churches. Even if KJV was IT, many cults (Mormons, JWs, Westboro Baptist), etc. made your claim about just reading and believing it (which is not the same as interpreting and applying it properly in all cases).

MAD and KJVO are both heretical views, but you are still my sister in the Lord.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I have generalized before...the whole paradigm is wrong because a circ vs uncirc two gospel theory is a denial of the one true gospel that is rooted in Christ and His finished work. There are not two true post-cross gospels. Paul's issue is a ministry issue since the message and basis for it preceded his conversion. He had a unique and profound calling, but it was not to be the first sinner in the Body of Christ or the first Christian or the starter of a new gospel. The ones before him preached the risen Christ and Jew/Gentile were becoming one in Christ based on the cross, not Paul's conversion and calling.:noid:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have generalized before...the whole paradigm is wrong because a circ vs uncirc two gospel theory is a denial of the one true gospel that is rooted in Christ and His finished work.
Where is it? What is it? Scripture, please.

There are not two true post-cross gospels.
Galatians 2:7 KJV
Paul's issue is a ministry issue since the message and basis for it preceded his conversion.
Paul went up by revelation and communicated that gospel that he preached among the Gentiles (Galatians 2:2 KJV). There would be no need to do that if they were all preaching the same gospel. They didn't perceive it until then (Galatians 2:6-9 KJV).
He had a unique and profound calling, but it was not to be the first sinner in the Body of Christ
1 Timothy 1:16 KJV
or the first Christian or the starter of a new gospel.
Galatians 1:11-12 KJV

The ones before him preached the risen Christ and Jew/Gentile were becoming one in Christ based on the cross, not Paul's conversion and calling.
They preached resurrection, but not that "Christ died for our sins" and certainly not the gospel of Christ as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth! Get your facts straight!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have generalized before...the whole paradigm is wrong because a circ vs uncirc two gospel theory is a denial of the one true gospel that is rooted in Christ and His finished work.

No, you said there were problems in the greek and that is why it falls apart. There is a reason you will not go to the thread and correct Meshak who says Paul says things against Jesus. Because you, like her, are a servant of satan.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
He can't even tell us what Paul supposedly actually meant.

Nor can he exegete Acts 15. Let alone all the other passages that show there to be different messages being preached.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He never does, and neither do many others. We are not interpreting Paul correctly, but they can not say what he really means when he says we are dead to sin.

Shasta

I agree with Godrulz. Robertson is a more credible witness to the proper meaning of this text than any other that has been presented. In his time he was the foremost authority on Koine Greek in the world. The gospel of the circumcision" according to Robertson did not mean that there were two messages. He interpreted the genitive to mean that belonged to, pertained to, the Jews and Gentiles respectively in the sense that it was intended to be sent to them. This "mail" containing the same good news was addressed to two groups and each was assigned to deliver it.

The content of the message however was the same. What other "good news" is there except that about who Christ was and what He did for us? This is the same message that was foretold by the prophets in the scriptures (Romans 1:2 ) This coming of this gospel was foretold in (Isaiah 52:7, Isaiah 61:1). Jesus said that He preached this gospel ( Luke 4:16-22) The same message was preached by Paul (Romans 10:15). The Lord did not would not complicate and confuse His word by using the same scriptures to refer to two entirely different messages.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with Godrulz. Robertson is a more credible witness to the proper meaning of this text than any other that has been presented. In his time he was the foremost authority on Koine Greek in the world. The gospel of the circumcision" according to Robertson did not mean that there were two messages. .

Actually it does. And I am not surprised you go no where near the two messages and show what they are really saying.

The Lord Jesus Christ was asked what must be done to enter into life. What was his answer?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You don't even believe that the sins Christ died for were yours. I'm not your sister.

Christ died for my sins. I thought you were an Open Theist. If so, you would not hold to your simplistic, wrong view on these things. I know and love Jesus and the gospel. You have turned MAD and KJVO and hyper-grace into a cult.

Your proof texting KJV out of context without any regard to Greek word studies, etc. (Paul is chief of sinners, not the first one saved with a new gospel=hyperbole based on word study and context, not as clear in KJV, but more so in better versions; Tim.) is the problem, not me.

You are arrogant in your ignorance. I have no patience with those who negate the grace of God (Nick, heir, sozo, etc.) in a fellow believer's life, especially when it is you vs me who is wrong on these things?!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
No, you said there were problems in the greek and that is why it falls apart. There is a reason you will not go to the thread and correct Meshak who says Paul says things against Jesus. Because you, like her, are a servant of satan.

There are not problems in the Greek, but with KJVO English.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Nor can he exegete Acts 15. Let alone all the other passages that show there to be different messages being preached.

I have talked about Acts 15 in the past. You misunderstand the passage because of MAD paradigms. Peter, Paul, James, John, etc. stood together against the false Judaizers (that you have the nerve to call a second true gospel).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Exactly.

William is unteachable.

I am teachable, but you sound like KJVO freaks or JWs or Mormons. Why would I compromise evidence based convictions for a false view?! Using your logic, you are unteachable when you cling to error in the face of truth.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I agree with Godrulz. Robertson is a more credible witness to the proper meaning of this text than any other that has been presented. In his time he was the foremost authority on Koine Greek in the world. The gospel of the circumcision" according to Robertson did not mean that there were two messages. He interpreted the genitive to mean that belonged to, pertained to, the Jews and Gentiles respectively in the sense that it was intended to be sent to them. This "mail" containing the same good news was addressed to two groups and each was assigned to deliver it.

The content of the message however was the same. What other "good news" is there except that about who Christ was and what He did for us? This is the same message that was foretold by the prophets in the scriptures (Romans 1:2 ) This coming of this gospel was foretold in (Isaiah 52:7, Isaiah 61:1). Jesus said that He preached this gospel ( Luke 4:16-22) The same message was preached by Paul (Romans 10:15). The Lord did not would not complicate and confuse His word by using the same scriptures to refer to two entirely different messages.
Apparently you've never read Acts 15.

Christ died for my sins. I thought you were an Open Theist. If so, you would not hold to your simplistic, wrong view on these things. I know and love Jesus and the gospel. You have turned MAD and KJVO and hyper-grace into a cult.
Really? When Christ died, I mean at the exact moment He died, were your sins forgiven?

Your proof texting KJV out of context without any regard to Greek word studies, etc. (Paul is chief of sinners, not the first one saved with a new gospel=hyperbole based on word study and context, not as clear in KJV, but more so in better versions; Tim.) is the problem, not me.
What makes Paul the chief of sinners?

You are arrogant in your ignorance. I have no patience with those who negate the grace of God (Nick, heir, sozo, etc.) in a fellow believer's life, especially when it is you vs me who is wrong on these things?!
No one here negates the grace of God in the life of any other person. The issue is that we don't believe you've accepted His grace.

I have talked about Acts 15 in the past. You misunderstand the passage because of MAD paradigms. Peter, Paul, James, John, etc. stood together against the false Judaizers (that you have the nerve to call a second true gospel).
Why did the council raise an issue then when Paul explained to them the message he was preaching among the Gentiles? Why did Peter have to quell them if Paul was preaching the same exact message? And why did they end up asking that Paul at the least preached a few things they did? Mind you, Paul ended up preaching the opposite on at least a couple of those things.

If I'm reading it wrongly then why don't you explain to me what it truly means?

I am teachable, but you sound like KJVO freaks or JWs or Mormons. Why would I compromise evidence based convictions for a false view?! Using your logic, you are unteachable when you cling to error in the face of truth.
Are you forgetting that I used to agree with you on this subject?

I changed my view when faced with the actual text of Scripture. You can't even be bothered to post Scripture to make your case.

So I have your words and I have Scripture. Which one do you think I'm going to believe?

Shasta

Actually it does. And I am not surprised you go no where near the two messages and show what they are really saying.

The Lord Jesus Christ was asked what must be done to enter into life. What was his answer?

Very often in these forums people will want to move away from the subject at hand without even addressing it. This is why the debates often go nowhere. You have not responded to some issues that were raised and therefore I am not ready to leave them yet.

1. The most conservative and accurate way to interpret the scriptures if to do the work of exegesis and consult the original languages before any attempt is made fit into a wider doctrinal framework. You attempted to make a point using the terms "Apostle of the gentiles, "Apostle of the Jews" Godrulz cited A. T. Robertson who is the consummate expert in First Century Greek. The genetive case can mean pertaining to or belonging to but because each received a message meant to be taken to their respective audiences does not mean the message was different. This is what Robertson said.

3. Jesus claimed to speak the "good news" as later did Paul, . Both quoting the same passages in the OT. Are we to believe that the single word "good news" had two different meanings to the ancients even when the word was taken from the same verses? What kind of hermeneutical confusion would this have engendered. The NT writers would have had to explain in detail the differences between the two gospels so readers could compare and contrast them. As far as I can tell though the content of the two (supposed) gospels have to be arrived at by inference and surmise. They are not stated explicitly. The existence of the two was so unclear that was apparently invisible to all the succeeding generations of Christians until Bullinger discovered it in the 1800. However, the most likely interpretation is that the many generations of believers since the First Century were right all along and the term "gospel" refers to only one message.

4. I am would like to know specifically what are the features of these two gospels. I have very seldom heard that discussed.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have read Acts 15 and share the view that Paul and the others stood together against the false Judaizers. You wrongly think Paul was against the others and the false view was actually a second true gospel?!

Acts 15

1And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

You can't make it say what it doesn't say 'rulz. They were believers who said to follow the law.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Very often in these forums people will want to move away from the subject at hand without even addressing it. This is why the debates often go nowhere. You have not responded to some issues that were raised and therefore I am not ready to leave them yet.

You are 180 degrees out, just like the rest of your posts.

TOL many many times said:
This was one problem I had with 'The Plot' (relied too much on NKJV that fell apart when looking at original languages).

Why don't you show us what fell apart with the original language.
This goes on over and over and over and over. He, nor anybody, ever says what it really means.

1. The most conservative and accurate way to interpret the scriptures if to do the work of exegesis and consult the original languages before any attempt is made fit into a wider doctrinal framework.

No kidding. That has been done.

You attempted to make a point using the terms "Apostle of the gentiles,

Galatians 2 means what it says and the context proves it. The gospel of circumcision is laid out as well as uncircumcision. There is a reason Paul explicitly refers to in Romans 4. Because after circumcision, the rules changed for those people. They have an everlasting covenant. Maybe you need to look up "everlasting" in the dictionary.

When you acknowledge the very different gospels then we will move forward. Or you can be like the others in this forum who never tell us what dead to sin really means.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

How are we saved? By some action (work) of ours, or by the action of one? If you answer this, we can move on to your phony objections.