Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Faith is a promise of the Gospel !2

Faith is a promise of the Gospel !2

That Faith is a Promise of the Gospel, but to Abraham and his Seed, its also evidenced when God spake these words to Abraham Gen 15:1

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

God here promised to be Abrahams shield, abd this shield He would be to his Seed, this is the shield of Faith Eph 6:16

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And the blessing that the Lord pronounced on Abraham in Gen 15:1,5 was for him and his seed Vs 5

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

Its the blessing of Abraham upon all his seed, Faith or the shield of Faith is given as a blessing to all the Seed of Abraham Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Gal 3:9

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Thats the proof that God is the God of his seed Gen 17:7

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

When God puts spiritual laws in our minds and hearts, thats putting the Law of Faith in our heart Rom 3:27

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

No man can boast about having Faith, because it was received, its not natural to man ! 1 Cor 4:7

7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

If faith was something every man had naturally and was wise enough to use it, it is a reason why to glory !

But Faith is of Grace and its sure to all the seed !

beloved57

Both Faith and Repentance !

Both Faith and Repentance !

That Both Faith and Repentance, which are conversion blessings, blessings that effect Gospel obedience, that they are blessings and effects of the New Covenant, which is confirmed by the Blood of Christ is seen here Jer 24:7

7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Remember Jesus said Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Both Faith and Repentance are evidences, proof of both redemption and regenration through the blood of Christ, For God who gives His Elect His Son, along with Him gives us all things that pertaineth to life and godliness Rom 8:32; 2 Pet 1:3 which both Faith and Repentance pertain to Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;= Faith in the Truth

2 Cor 7:10,11

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Its also of note that this godly repentance is said to be wrought in them

For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

And that these things, conversion blessings, are the direct effects of the death of Christ is seen here 1 Pet 2:24-25

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

That word returned means the same thing as it does in Jer 24:7

7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Notice, here in Jer 24:7 the hebrew word for return is shuwb and means:

I.to return, turn back

And the greek word returned in 1 Pet 2:25 is epistrephó and means:
to turn, to return

So we know that the Jeremiah passage of the promised return to God had a view to the effects of the death of Christ 1 Pet 2:24-25 !

beloved57

The Just shall live by His Faith !

The Just shall live by His Faith !

I love the shall's of God ! Lets read:

Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Heb 10:38

Now the just
live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Now exactly who are the Just ? Its those who are approved of God and acceptable to God, who are at peace with God, are in a right standing with God.

Its all whom have been reconciled to God and by that received into His Favor as Per Rom 5:10, The word reconciled in this verse means:

to receive one into favour

Te Just are all for whom Christ by His Obedience unto death shall make Righteous Rom 5:19b

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word righteous here comes from the same greek adjective dikaios also translated Just !

So it would be just as proper to say Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made Just.

So therefore it is sufficient to say that all for whom Christ, by His one act of obedience,they shall be made Righteous or Just, that they all shall live by Faith ! Now who can deny this conclusion ? Thats exactly why Christ says of those who never come to believe on Him, this Jn 10:26

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

You see, if they were of His Sheep, then He died for them Jn 10:11,15 and if He died for them, they shall be made Just Rom 5:19 and if they are made Just, the promise comes into effect, The Just shall live by Faith !

beloved57

Faith comes with the Spirit of Adoption !

Faith comes with the Spirit of Adoption !

Faith comes with the Spirit of Adoption ! All for whom God chose in Christ before the foundation, were also predestinated to the Adoption of Sons or Children in Time, hence we read Eph 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

It is this Spiritual Blessing the gives Faith out of the Spirit. All whom had been chosen in Christ before the foundation, Christ also came to be made under the Law in their behalf Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons[huios].

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Faith is born after God sends the Spirit of His Son in Our hearts, for the Covenant does state Ezk 36:26-28

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Now when God promises that they shall be His People, and He will be their God, its the same also as saying they shall be His children 2 Cor 6:16-18

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons[huios] and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

You have the same greek word for Son [huios] in all the scriptures cited Eph 1:5, Gal 4:5-6 ; 2 Cor 6:18 !

So when God says that they shall be His People its also respecting their Adoption as Sons from being redeemed Gal 4:4-6 ! So this being made Sons speaks to be given Faith Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children[huios] of Abraham.

The word for children here in the origial is huios, usually translated Sons, and the Sons or Children of Abraham are also the Sons or Children of God Rom 9:7-8

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Faith comes from the Spirit given in our hearts in Adoption Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Remember, Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

bsmitts

Beloved57, I would like to ask you a very important question. I've been contemplating Calvinism a lot lately and I wonder this:

You make a great point when quoting Ephesians 2:8-9. However, how do you explain Romans 10:9-10. Here, works are actually mentioned. What about Acts 2:38? And in Ephesians 1:11, couldn't that mean that the "body of Christ" is predestined and not a person individually? Like I said: Ephesians 2:8-9 is an awesome verse of scripture. We cannot be saved of ourselves and we cannot boast. I was only curious how you fit these other scriptures into the picture of what you believe?

beloved57

Beloved57, I would like to ask you a very important question. I've been contemplating Calvinism a lot lately and I wonder this:

You make a great point when quoting Ephesians 2:8-9. However, how do you explain Romans 10:9-10. Here, works are actually mentioned. What about Acts 2:38? And in Ephesians 1:11, couldn't that mean that the "body of Christ" is predestined and not a person individually? Like I said: Ephesians 2:8-9 is an awesome verse of scripture. We cannot be saved of ourselves and we cannot boast. I was only curious how you fit these other scriptures into the picture of what you believe?

Please review with me and explain my points made by me in the two previous posts !

Posted from the TOL App!

bsmitts

Please review with me and explain my points made by me in the two previous posts !

Posted from the TOL App!

I get it! You're very well versed in scripture. I don't know scripture quite that well or as well as you. When you ask me to review your posts, I don't fully get what it is you want.

beloved57

I get it! You're very well versed in scripture. I don't know scripture quite that well or as well as you. When you ask me to review your posts, I don't fully get what it is you want.

I take it that you are going to deny my request right ? No problem, to answer your questions, read my threads and find what I believe !

Posted from the TOL App!

bsmitts

I take it that you are going to deny my request right ? No problem, to answer your questions, read my threads and find what I believe !

Posted from the TOL App!

And I take it that it isn't easy for you to be polite to anyone and answer a simple question.

beloved57

Faith is the Gift of God !

Faith is the Gift of God !

Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

No matter how much scripture indicates that Faith, along with all Salvation blessings is the Gift of God, and not of ourselves yet the antichrist followers still want opportunity to boast of themselves, of what they did, but scripture testimony states different, Faith, yes even the act of believing, is God's Gift to His Elect, that they may acknowledge the Truth, we have the above Eph 2:8, then we have Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

What can be more plainer than what Paul says to believers, that it was given to them to believe ! Their believing is an evidence that it had been given to them, lest it was not given. Its only given to Christ's Sheep Jn 10:26

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Also the word given in Phil 1:29 is the greek word charizomai from which it comes from charis which is the word grace, and so believers believe because of Grace, not because of themselves Acts 18:27

And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

The word through, the prep dia means:

ii.on account of

A.the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

Credit is given to Grace as to why one believes on Christ ! They believed on account of Grace.

Paul said he was what he was, to include being a believer as well as an apostle, by the Grace of God 1 Cor 15:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Paul is just saying what all scripture says, he was a believer/ apostle on account of the Grace of God given or bestowed upon him !

Also more scripture corroboration that Faith is not of ourselves but the Gift of God Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

The words here give in Acts 5:31 and granted in Acts 11:18, its the greek word didōmi and means they are caused to repent, the giving or granting repentance is what causes them to repent !

Repentance is put in their minds, in fact thats what Heb 10:16 means by this:

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put or give my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

That word put is the same greek word didōmi and so here we see the force of the word as the giving denotes an Sovereign act of God putting His Laws into their Hearts, the spiritual laws of Faith and Repentance !

Its the fufillment of the Covenant blessings Ezk 36:27

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats God giving and or granting repentance Acts 5:31;11:18 !

Now, one may say, but thats speaking of repentance and not Faith ! My answer is that is true, however, Faith and Repentance are Twins joined at the hip, because repentance leads to and effects acknowledgement of the Truth 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give [ didōmi] them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Thats the number one priority of repentance, to lead to the acknowledging of the Truth, a persuasion of Faith !

Its a turning from darkness of false religion and false beliefs to the Light of the Gospel and the Truth it reveals Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Thats their call from or out of darkness to marvelous light 1 Pet 2:9

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Thats the turning spoken of in above Acts 26:18 ! Its a Gift of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13 ; Gal 5:22 !

But I know the antichrist followers will find a way to ignore this scripture proof that Faith, believing on Christ, is not of ourselves, but it is given as a Gift of God, to everyone that is believing !

beloved57

That ye may know that ye have eternal life !

That ye may know that ye have eternal life !

1 Jn 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

It was given to believe on His Name as stated in Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

To those of us who Truly believe, it was given to us to believe as an evidence to know that God has given us Eternal Life, which Life was in His Son Jn 1:4, in other words believing on Christ is given to be proof positive that God did quicken us together with His Son when He raised Him up from the dead Eph 2:1-6

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

This quickening with Christ is outside of any Gospel Obedience, we were totally passive therein and included the whole Body of Christ for which He died, but there comes a time when each member must be quickened individually as proof that they were part of the Body that was quickened together with Christ, when He was quickened from the dead, and that is what believing on Him signifies, and that quickening is a consequence of having Eternal Life Legally imputed !

Nanja

This quickening with Christ is outside of any Gospel Obedience, we were totally passive therein and included the whole Body of Christ for which He died, but there comes a time when each member must be quickened individually as proof that they were part of the Body that was quickened together with Christ, when He was quickened from the dead, and that is what believing on Him signifies, and that quickening is a consequence of having Eternal Life Legally imputed !

Yes. If we are in Christ, Who sits at the right hand of God,
that's what it means to sit in heavenly places Eph. 2:5-6;
our New Birth is hid in Christ above. He quickens us with
His Life; hence we are Born from Above.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes. If we are in Christ, Who sits at the right hand of God,
that's what it means to sit in heavenly places Eph. 2:5-6;
our New Birth is hid in Christ above. He quickens us with
His Life; hence we are Born from Above.

~~~~~

Amen, all for whom He died were raised up together with Him, and sit together with Him at the Right Hand of God, and that was before they were even born sinners. But They have a Life in Christ to be communicated to them while they are yet dead in sin, that Life comes from above where Christ [and they in Him] are sitting. Thats what Jesus meant by being born again, it literally means to be born from above Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The word again is the greek word anōthen and means:

I.from above, from a higher place

So all for whom He died and rose again in behalf of Shall be born from above where They sit at the Right Hand of God Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

We could pray for the New Birth of all whom were risen with Christ, because they are above in Him !

Nanja

Amen, all for whom He died were raised up together with Him, and sit together with Him at the Right Hand of God, and that was before they were even born sinners. But They have a Life in Christ to be communicated to them while they are yet dead in sin, that Life comes from above where Christ [and they in Him] are sitting. Thats what Jesus meant by being born again, it literally means to be born from above Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The word again is the greek word anōthen and means:

I.from above, from a higher place

So all for whom He died and rose again in behalf of Shall be born from above where They sit at the Right Hand of God Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

We could pray for the New Birth of all whom were risen with Christ, because they are above in Him !

Amen!

~~~~~