are you a feminist?

JJ50

I believe men and women are equal. I am not sure if that makes me a feminist? I never got around to burning my bra, I needed it too much being fairly well endowed.:chuckle:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because you are a dumb cluck strutting around the chicken coop trying to make sure all of the hens are behaving properly. :DK:
You may pontificate and pose all the questions causing you such bewilderment and distress that you want.
It doesn't mean that anyone need take your clucking seriously or provide you with answers!

but you did answer after repeated requests
why were you so reluctant?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe men and women are equal. I am not sure if that makes me a feminist? I never got around to burning my bra, I needed it too much being fairly well endowed.:chuckle:

:chuckle: Oddly enough, I have never burned one either.

The way that feminism is being defined by the person who initiated this thread is any woman who may wish to work outside the home rather than stay at home and have many children.

As an anti-abortion feminist, I have nothing against women deciding to not have children as long as it is PRIOR to getting pregnant. Abortion should not be an option.

Chrys also dismisses the simple fact that feminists stand up for children and women who are victims of domestic abuse. That issue is just not one of importance in his self-serving vision of life.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is a feminist?

as you can see
chrysostom doesn't want to answer this question
chrysostom doesn't want you to ask this question

why?

Because he doesn't wish to reveal his actual definition ... :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I didn't ask what a feminist is
I don't care what you think a feminist is
I just want to know if you consider yourself to be one

I do care what you think a feminist is, because I think your definition is skewed. It's pretty interesting that you won't say.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I do care what you think a feminist is, because I think your definition is skewed. It's pretty interesting that you won't say.

then we will get into an argument as to what a feminist is
and
the title of the thread is
are you a feminist?
the title of the thread is not
what is a feminist?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-life_feminist

Pro-life feminism is the opposition to abortion by a group of feminists who believe that the principles which inform their support of women's rights also call them to support the right to life of prenatal humans. Pro-life feminists believe abortion has served to hurt women more than it has benefited them.

The pro-life feminist movement began to take shape in the early to mid-1970s with the founding of Feminists for Life (FFL) in the United States and Women for Life in Great Britain amid legal changes in those nations which widely permitted abortion.[1] FFL and the Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) are the most prominent pro-life feminist organizations in the United States.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and
are you a feminist?
what is a feminist?

That is for us to define, not someone such as yourself ...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
and
are you a feminist?
what is a feminist?

Okay, well, I have stuff to do. Let me know if you get around to defining your term and then I'll answer your question.