Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

The Berean

TB: As an addendum to my previous comment to you, I'd like to point out that I know [at least] two Mexicans (one of which has dual Mexican-American citizenship). One is in a philosophy Ph.D. program; the other, to whom he is married, is a medical doctor. [Plus, there are various non-white students where I go to school.]

But that's not really representative of all Mexican immigrants (especially given the fact that not all Mexican immigrants are here legally).
I oppose illegal immigration. So lets focus on legal immigration. Ask the Mexican person in the Ph.D program that you consider Mexican immigrants to be like cockroaches and tell us how he/she reacted. :think:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if Trad hating Mexicans is a step up or down from when he hated Jews. :think: Unless he hates both now. :plain: And probably blacks. :plain: Basically anyone except white philosophers. :plain:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I oppose illegal immigration. So lets focus on legal immigration. Ask the Mexican person in the Ph.D program that you consider Mexican immigrants to be like cockroaches and tell us how he/she reacted. :think:

1. It's not pleasant imagery. It's not intended to be endearing.

2. If it makes you feel any better, I've been known to use the same imagery about black people. On the other hand, at least they were brought here. Certain populations sneak in.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure if Trad hating Mexicans is a step up or down from when he hated Jews. :think: Unless he hates both now. :plain: And probably blacks. :plain: Basically anyone except white philosophers. :plain:

I don't hate Mexicans. It just annoys me to see their faces, see or hear their language in this country, or encounter their culture in the same. I simply would simply prefer it if they were to stay in Mexico. Or someplace that isn't the United States. :idunno:

The Berean

2. If it makes you feel any better, I've been known to use the same imagery about black people. On the other hand, at least they were brought here. Certain populations sneak in.

Legal immigrants do not sneak in. Neither my father nor mother snuck into America.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't hate Mexicans. It just annoys me to see their faces, and I would simply prefer it if they were to stay in Mexico. Or someplace that isn't the United States. :idunno:

You need to think long and hard about what you've been saying, Trad. Do you see any charity in it? (rhetorical)

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Legal immigrants do not sneak in. Neither my father nor mother snuck into America.

And so long as you have assimilated, speak English and don't drive a pick up truck, then I really don't begrudge you the fact that you share a nationality with me.

Big Dave

So, this thread has gone from disliking that illegals speak Spanish, then on to illegals "steal" jobs, then that they refuse to assimilate, then to outright racism, then describing them as "cockroaches", to now not even liking to look at them.

This thread has 36 pages. Traditio, I'm going to ask you a serious question; why you be trollin'?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
So, this thread has gone from disliking that illegals speak Spanish, then on to illegals "steal" jobs, then that they refuse to assimilate, then to outright racism, then describing them as "cockroaches", to now not even liking to look at them.

This thread has 36 pages. Traditio, I'm going to ask you a serious question; why you be trollin'?

1. This thread is very old.

2. I'm not trolling. I genuinely don't like the fact that this country is full of Mexicans, and I even less like the fact that they are a very rapidly growing population, and it even more annoys me seeing Mexicans doing jobs that white people should be doing left and right (and probably for much cheaper). Hearing the Mexican language in this country annoys me. English! Speak. ENGLISH!

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
You need to think long and hard about what you've been saying, Trad. Do you see any charity in it? (rhetorical)

There are virtually no conservative Mexicans.
They are all liberal, because their standing has absolutely nothing to do with American patriotism. It is all about necessity- they do not come to embrace, but exploit.

I think that's the real issue at hand with people angered by their coming.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
There are virtually no conservative Mexicans.
They are all liberal, because their standing has absolutely nothing to do with American patriotism. It is all about necessity- they do not come to embrace, but exploit.

I think that's the real issue at hand with people angered by their coming.

Just like cockroaches. :plain:

Big Dave

1. This thread is very old.

2. I'm not trolling. I genuinely don't like the fact that this country is full of Mexicans, and I even less like the fact that they are a very rapidly growing population, and it even more annoys me seeing Mexicans doing jobs that white people should be doing left and right (and probably for much cheaper). Hearing the Mexican language in this country annoys me. English! Speak. ENGLISH!

OK. I assumed this was trolling, as it's become absurd to the point /b/, and nobody wants that, because /b/ is fail and AIDS.

Has it ever occurred to you that your problem shouldn't be with the illegals coming over, but the corporations that continue to not only willingly hire them, but actively recruit them (even Japan is doing this now. Truefax.)? Don't complain about "everything being in Spanish". I am with you on that when it comes to government forms, especially at DES (Department of Economic Security), which is in charge of TANF (cash assistance) and SNAP (food stamps). However, the "para Espanol, marque numero dos" is a voluntary practice that private companies have adapted.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. EVERYTHING has a "press blank for Spanish" option. There are billboards along the roads in Spanish. But, these are all put up and created by private companies, wishing to increase their Hispanic customer base. Companies have the right to put up signs in whatever language they want (if you ever venture into LA, there are, like, 20 different language options).

Just some food for thought.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
OK. I assumed this was trolling, as it's become absurd to the point /b/, and nobody wants that, because /b/ is fail and AIDS.

Has it ever occurred to you that your problem shouldn't be with the illegals coming over, but the corporations that continue to not only willingly hire them, but actively recruit them (even Japan is doing this now. Truefax.)? Don't complain about "everything being in Spanish". I am with you on that when it comes to government forms, especially at DES (Department of Economic Security), which is in charge of TANF (cash assistance) and SNAP (food stamps). However, the "para Espanol, marque numero dos" is a voluntary practice that private companies have adapted.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. EVERYTHING has a "press blank for Spanish" option. There are billboards along the roads in Spanish. But, these are all put up and created by private companies, wishing to increase their Hispanic customer base. Companies have the right to put up signs in whatever language they want (if you ever venture into LA, there are, like, 20 different language options).

Just some food for thought.

Voluntary or not, the fact that it's even an issue annoys me and strongly inclines me to dislike Mexicans. Seriously. Learn English before you come here, or else, stay in your own country. :idunno:

Big Dave

Voluntary or not, the fact that it's even an issue annoys me and strongly inclines me to dislike Mexicans. Seriously. Learn English before you come here, or else, stay in your own country. :idunno:

Fair enough. Have you taken this righteous indignation to the Fortune 500 companies that continue to put White Americans out of work by hiring illegal Mexican labor? Or that our government recently "eased penalties" for said billion-dollar corporations for flagrantly breaking the law and adding to our unemployment problem? Or are you doing what the corporations and government want you to do by blaming the illegals instead?

Some of your points are valid, don't get me wrong. However, take that anger to the those who not only allow the problem to continue but encourage it to.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Fair enough. Have you taken this righteous indignation to the Fortune 500 companies that continue to put White Americans out of work by hiring illegal Mexican labor? Or that our government recently "eased penalties" for said billion-dollar corporations for flagrantly breaking the law and adding to our unemployment problem? Or are you doing what the corporations and government want you to do by blaming the illegals instead?

Some of your points are valid, don't get me wrong. However, take that anger to the those who not only allow the problem to continue but encourage it to.

Both are to blame. Corporations for being run by greedy, exploitive scumbags; illegal immigrants for acting like cockroaches.

Big Dave

Both are to blame. Corporations for being run by greedy, exploitive scumbags; illegal immigrants for acting like cockroaches.

I also would have accepted "government" in place of "corporations".

Let me ask you this; what are you doing about it? That doesn't have to mean "take to the streets", but are you researching which companies hire illegals and boycotting them? Or have you not done and that and still purchase their products?

Arthur Brain

Well, I certainly doubt that many people find most of your shtick on here to be endearing. Precocious, pompous, ignorant, arrogant, provocative, drivel, tedious, pseudo intellectual crap would be rather more apt descriptors for your 'input' on here.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

i worked with children of bosnian immigrants who didn't speak english

they were a lot of fun and eager to learn :)

maybe you should volunteer at a local literacy program for non english speakers - i'll bet you could find one at your local library

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
And so long as you have assimilated, speak English and don't drive a pick up truck, then I really don't begrudge you the fact that you share a nationality with me.

And don't drive a pickup truck? :wazzup::rotfl:

What do you have against pickup trucks Trad?