What Are You Listening to Now VI

Arthur Brain

That's why you like me :)

I like you for more than that. ;)

That would be amazing. Have you ever painted what you see?

No because I might as well just paint a colour chart...it's hazes of colour for different notes and everything, but colour and sound are often closely associated I've found. I do like the video to this next track though, it really fits the music.

'Spectral' and probably weird once again...:eek:

Gerard Grisey: Partiels (Excerpt)

Big Dave

Amhrán Mhuighinse

Often considered a "quintessential funeral dirge" in Ireland (both in the ROI and parts of NI). It is about a woman lamenting that she is dying so far from home, and how she is desperate to be buried in her home of Mhuighinse/Mhuinse/Mweenish.

The song was very likely written by a woman named Máire Ní Chlochartaigh (Maureen Cloherty) on her deathbed. She was in fact from Mhuighinse, and was married to a Taimín Bán Ó Conghaile ("Fair" Tommy O'Connelly), and that while all attempts were made to ferry her back home, the weather was too poor, and she had to be buried in Leitir Calaidh after all.

While it is, of course, a deeply sad and tragic song, it is also incredibly beautiful. You don't have to understand the lyrics, as they are in Gaelige (Irish Gaelic) to hear and feel the deep sorrow.

Big Dave

Raggle Taggle Gypsy

Raggle Taggle Gypsy. the song has been "claimed" by Scotland, England, and Ireland. It is, in fact, decidedly Scottish. The song is almost certainly about Lady Jane Hamilton, who was married to the Lord of Hamilton, and did run off with a gypsy (in all likelihood an Irish Traveler). When the Lord found them, she was locked away in a tower for life, and the gypsy was hanged.

The song being played on the 2:30 mark is "Tabhair dom do Lámh", meaning "Give Me Your Hand".