Shavuah Tov!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom! May God bless you this week!

God is good. Sing praises to His name!

May you be blessed this day, as we look forward to Yom Teruah.

beameup

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet blast [shofar hagadol]: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. - 1 Corinthians 15:52

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet blast [shofar hagadol]: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. - 1 Corinthians 15:52
Yom Teruah, the day of trumpets, does involve the trumpet or shofar blast. This may be different from the last trumpet in Christianity, the New Testament, and the Bible. You may want to consider this. I have, and what I was taught as a possibility may or may not be true. I don't see any indicator that says that this is true.

I see Christianity as a continuation of Judaism after the acceptance of the expected Messiah in Judaism, but which also eventually included Gentiles. However, you may need to spend some time with these subjects.

I am both a Jew (a convert) and a Christian. I grew up a (born again) Christian first.

beameup

I am both a Jew (a convert) and a Christian. I grew up a (born again) Christian first.

To become a "Jew", you can believe just about anything... except you must denounce Jesus of Nazareth.

All the "feasts" [lit: Divine Appointments] have profound prophetic significance to all believers. The early church clearly understood this.

6days

Yom Teruah (also known as "day that no man knows") is the only 'feast' where no one knows the day or hour it will begin. It starts when the new moon is witnessed by two people.
Jesus may have alluded to this in Matt. 24:36 ""However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."\Also.... Possibly, the two witnesses that come before the feast of trumpets, may be a foreshadowing of the two witnesses who come before the rapture. Rev. 11:3,4

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To become a "Jew", you can believe just about anything... except you must denounce Jesus of Nazareth.

All the "feasts" [lit: Divine Appointments] have profound prophetic significance to all believers. The early church clearly understood this.

No. A Jew can become a Christian and remain a Jew. And a Christian can become a Jew, a convert, worshipping the God of Israel, the God of the Bible, as he already was.

The Messiah is found in Judaism. It is in Judaism that we find the expectation of the coming Messiah, who came 2000 years ago... Yeshua.

Are you saying that you believe Yom Teruah is the last trumpet? It is the day of trumpets, or the feast of trumpets. There are three annual feasts and seven holy days in Torah. Yom Teruah is a holy day, and these words begin with yom which means day. But though it is not one of the three annual feasts, it is annual and can be called a feast.

The three feasts are God's appointed times, times which he has for us the people of Israel to meet with Him.

You need not denounce Jesus. I hope no one tells you that you must. That is counter-intuitive to God, the Bible, Israel, and Judaism.

Also, you are not permitted by God to believe whatever you want.

And, I was simply pointing out that the shofar is not only blown on Yom Teruah. But I would love to talk with you more about it if you have any thoughts that this may be the last trumpet of Christianity and the Bible.

I understand that the shofar is sounded from Yom Teruah to Yom Kippur. Also, the shofar is not blown only on Yom Teruah, as I have already said. Is Yom Teruah somehow the last trumpet?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yom Teruah (also known as "day that no man knows") is the only 'feast' where no one knows the day or hour it will begin. It starts when the new moon is witnessed by two people.
Jesus may have alluded to this in Matt. 24:36 ""However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."\Also.... Possibly, the two witnesses that come before the feast of trumpets, may be a foreshadowing of the two witnesses who come before the rapture. Rev. 11:3,4

I am not sure how to answer you, but I encourage you to read the scriptures and evaluate your words and ideas in light of what the Bible says. It is my hope and prayer that your understanding of scripture does not go beyond what scripture says, that what you understand in and of scripture is actual a good, right, and true understanding.

beameup

Judaism of today is based mostly upon the Talmud, which is a commentary on the Scriptures and Judaism.
Although there is some very interesting information contained therein, there are many things that are contrary to Scripture. For sure, there are some very derogatory comments concerning Jesus of Nazareth.

According to the Babylonian Talmud (Sanhedrin 43a) the name "Yeshu" is generally believed to be an acronym for י = Yimaḥ ש = Shĕmo ו = Wezikhro = meaning, May his name and memory be stricken out-(ie: forever forgotten).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The final trumpet is a literal sound that will occur before the seventh trumpet plague. The trumpet plagues are not literally trumpets, they are plagues.

The final (last) trumpet will be a single blast from a silver trumpet to call the firstfruits to assemble. This occurs at Pentecost.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Judaism of today is based mostly upon the Talmud, which is a commentary on the Scriptures and Judaism.
Although there is some very interesting information contained therein, there are many things that are contrary to Scripture. For sure, there are some very derogatory comments concerning Jesus of Nazareth.

According to the Babylonian Talmud (Sanhedrin 43a) the name "Yeshu" is generally believed to be an acronym for י = Yimaḥ ש = Shĕmo ו = Wezikhro = meaning, May his name and memory be stricken out-(ie: forever forgotten).
I don't see what you are saying, an acronym, found in the Talmud. I don't know, also, if what the Talmud says (about Jesus) was the perspective of any person or any people. That is, it is my belief that Jesus never sinned. He never did anything wrong.

As for Judaism and the Talmud, the Talmud is not Judaism. However, the Talmud may be seen to be part of Judaism.

Do you know the difference between the Mishna, which came before the Talmud but is a part of the Talmud, and the Gemara? Often by Talmud a person means the Mishna and the Gemara or the Gemara. The later may not exclude the Mishna, but my understanding is that the Mishna came before the Talmud.

As for Judaism, I don't see anything wrong with Judaism. I am also a proponent for Biblical Judaism. That is, Judaism is found in the Bible, from the Torah (and the rest of the TaNaKh) to the New Testament.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The final trumpet is a literal sound that will occur before the seventh trumpet plague. The trumpet plagues are not literally trumpets, they are plagues.

The final (last) trumpet will be a single blast from a silver trumpet to call the firstfruits to assemble. This occurs at Pentecost.

I don't understand this to be the case, and I don't know why you say this.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no such thing as biblical Judaism. The Torah was for all Israel.
I understand. As a convert I am of Israel. Yes, the Torah is for all Israel. In Judaism, Biblical Judaism, first century Judaism, we find observation of the things of Torah. And this is good. The point is that I have nothing against the Talmud, that it is being challenged though the testimony given about it is apparently untrue, and that I understand that in Judaism prior to the coming of Yeshua Messiah there was the expectation that the Messiah would come. This is Biblical Judaism, including obeying God's commands as Messiah did.

TweetyBird

Teruah does not always mean the blowing of trumpets. It can mean a shout, a loud cry, an alarm, or shouts of joy. How it was fulfilled in Christ, when He was born by the shouts of angels in joy [rejoice!], and the shepherds rejoicing and worshiping the Lord Jesus Christ, is definitely worthy of consideration.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Teruah does not always mean the blowing of trumpets. It can mean a shout, a loud cry, an alarm, or shouts of joy. How it was fulfilled in Christ, when He was born by the shouts of angels in joy [rejoice!], and the shepherds rejoicing and worshiping the Lord Jesus Christ, is definitely worthy of consideration.
I don't know what you are talking about.

There are different reasons to sound the shofar. Also, it is not always the same sound.

TweetyBird

I don't know what you are talking about.

There are different reasons to sound the shofar. Also, it is not always the same sound.

Of course you don't. You play the game of being Jewish and depend on outside non-Biblical Rabbinic sources instead of just sticking to the Scriptural text. The feast of Yom Teruah - it does not say there was a blowing of Trumpets in the text. It could have been a shout of joy. There are other trumpets beside the shofar. If a trumpet was sounded on Yom Teruah, it probably was not a shofar. The shofar was commanded to be blown only once [as commanded in the Law of Moses] - at Yom Kippur. That makes what you have posted mostly conjecture.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In Judaism, Biblical Judaism, first century Judaism, we find observation of the things of Torah.

No. I'll try again. First century Judaism was not consistent with the Torah. Jesus explained over and over and over to those who would listen to him that the Pharisaic understanding fell short of the Father's intent. Jesus was sent to expand the Pharisaic understanding and to correct their perversion of the law.

Now the Pharisaic teachings have been further perverted by Rabbinical teachings.

You're caught up in a false religion. Free yourself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course you don't. You play the game of being Jewish and depend on outside non-Biblical Rabbinic sources instead of just sticking to the Scriptural text. The feast of Yom Teruah - it does not say there was a blowing of Trumpets in the text. It could have been a shout of joy. There are other trumpets beside the shofar. If a trumpet was sounded on Yom Teruah, it probably was not a shofar. The shofar was commanded to be blown only once [as commanded in the Law of Moses] - at Yom Kippur. That makes what you have posted mostly conjecture.
Do you know what the word Teruah means?

I observe the three feasts and seven holy days of Torah. Yom Teruah is one of the seven holy days. It is at the beggining of the seventh month, so it is also Rosh Chodesh, the Head of the Month.

Status
Not open for further replies.