Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Choleric

Letsargue is now teaching openly that we must wait till we breathe our last breath before we are saved...

Can you link? He has been here long enough certainly. We can add him to the list if you can link. I don't often run across him on this site. Thanks TL.

Choleric

I'm no good at things [:(] but he is teaching it in "It's Impossible!!-four" in the back alley

Thanks. After I responded to you, I saw the post you mentioned. I am discussing it with him and we will see how he clarifies his position. Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
taking your meds on time.......

taking your meds on time.......

Letsargue is now teaching openly that we must wait till we breathe our last breath before we are saved...

lol - well....Letsargue has kinda held bay in the 'Back Alley' section, and is in a class of his own. Sparing with him is an exercise in versatility with a subtle blend of outrageousness and insanity, with an occasional nugget of truth amid the gravel of words :) I'm not sure how he would fit on your 'list' or in what 'catagory'.

As far as being 'saved' goes, such would be hypothetical beyond what one personally assumes as a 'religious experience', of being 'born anew' or some kind of spiritual 'rebirth'. The concept of being saved (in whatever sense) at the moment of physical death would have something to do with the 'transitory' process involved with the soul-spirit in such an event, however tenable or not the reasoning there is ;)

pj

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Choleric, you need to post an updated list. Or do you just edit the first list each time?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
lol - well....Letsargue has kinda held bay in the 'Back Alley' section, and is in a class of his own. Sparing with him is an exercise in versatility with a subtle blend of outrageousness and insanity, with an occasional nugget of truth amid the gravel of words :) I'm not sure how he would fit on your 'list' or in what 'catagory'.

As far as being 'saved' goes, such would be hypothetical beyond what one personally assumes as a 'religious experience', of being 'born anew' or some kind of spiritual 'rebirth'. The concept of being saved (in whatever sense) at the moment of physical death would have something to do with the 'transitory' process involved with the soul-spirit in such an event, however tenable or not the reasoning there is ;)

pj

Well you can't talk about being saved or born again until you have yourself been saved and born again...not with any credibility anyway.

Yes letsargue comes up with nuggets...but then so did the Beatles and Mormons.

He thinks I am the worst thing since Eve...actually I am trying to knock him off that awful pile of horseshine that he sits upon, he sits there wondering where the awful smell comes from...naturally he supposes it comes from us.

I'm like you I wish the best.....but heresy is heresy. what IS this thing that he has. whereby he is the only one right? I want to shake him up, pull on his beard.....mebbe he will stop and think "hey, maybe I am not right."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
cherry blossoms.......

cherry blossoms.......

Well you can't talk about being saved or born again until you have yourself been saved and born again...not with any credibility anyway.

Yes letsargue comes up with nuggets...but then so did the Beatles and Mormons.

He thinks I am the worst thing since Eve...actually I am trying to knock him off that awful pile of horseshine that he sits upon, he sits there wondering where the awful smell comes from...naturally he supposes it comes from us.

I'm like you I wish the best.....but heresy is heresy. what IS this thing that he has. whereby he is the only one right? I want to shake him up, pull on his beard.....mebbe he will stop and think "hey, maybe I am not right."

;) - hes tolerable only in small increments :) - for the occasional philosophical fluff I engage him. I'd recommend a 'make-over' on his board-name, since its 'argumentative' thereby limiting his appeal factor. As far as that being his real pic (in avatar)...I dont know,....mention of 'beard' asides. I thought once to include my own mug as an avatar....but enjoy other symbol-concepts and art for that, but maybe we'll experiment.

Namaste,

pj

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When Christ returns then we will see who is listening to the Lord and walking with Him and those who are not.

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
1Co 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
1Co 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
1Co 4:8 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.

LA

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
conscious living.......

conscious living.......

When Christ returns then we will see who is listening to the Lord and walking with Him and those who are not.

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
1Co 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
1Co 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
1Co 4:8 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.

LA

Yet in another place I recall Paul saying that each man judges himself with that light provided by the Spirit, illuminating his own conscience, for there is where the inner law of 'God' abides. In any case,....in the light of truth, from moment to moment...there is 'judgment' by true discernment within one's own conscience regarding anything. Those sowing to the Spirit shall reap the fruit thereof, just like those sowing to the 'flesh', likewise (here the karmic principle of 'action/consequence' holds) :)

A projected coming of Jesus, Krishna, Buddha or any other 'avatar' of God may or may not happen, which are dispensational archetypes of the 'appearing' or 'judgment' of 'God' transpiring in the soul. Here we have 'exoteric' and 'esoteric' explanations of soul-discernment. - and the principle still holds....that 'each are judged according to their own works' (by the light of knowledge itself which gives appropriate perception within any given context). Judgment day is everyday in the light of Spirit, reflecting back on thoughts and actions in space-time.

pj

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God's Truth and Arsenios need to be added to the list of salvation by works.

You need to be added to the list of the do nothings, who persuade other believers to do nothing.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

LA

Pierac

You lost my interest with the Periac theme song "grab your theological ankles" There must not have been too much of a theological nature to say after that.

You really are an arrogant cuss and have no right to be.

You :loser:'ed, yet, once again. Epic fail.

ὑπάρχω μορφή Give me just one arian/unitarian who knows what this means. Just one :doh:

He must be desperate if he has to resort so such a rude idiom. He doesn't own anyone.

Pierac is an uncouth lout.

Apparently not, because you persist even though you promised in coming to TOL that you'd follow mod directions.
I have 1 (one) warning. Know why? Because when a mod told me something was against TOL rules, I stopped doing it! Does your word and promise mean anything? Is this breaking your word a good Christian character trait in your mind?

:banned: Pierac

The time of playing you like little children... is over

I was able to find some cached pages online of the list. Not sure when I last updated it, but I found this one from 7/16/12. Again, let me know if I am missing someone.

Here is the list as of 2/15/13:

The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians)
1) Keypurr
2) Pierac

keypurr

The time of playing you like little children... is over

Paul, they are not interested in truth.
They do not wish to be disturbed by truth.

I do wish choleric would but my name in all caps like I have asked him to do many times.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A stroll in the park......

A stroll in the park......

Paul, they are not interested in truth.
They do not wish to be disturbed by truth.

Truth is a principle most cherished, being the essence of what alone has eternal and divine value. Peripheral doctrines, opinions, beliefs...like leaves in the wind....may come and go. Spirit alone is life and truth,....the fundamental reality.

I do wish choleric would but my name in all caps like I have asked him to do many times.

Choleric is known to be a little 'finicky' over his heretic list ;)

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You need to be added to the list of the do nothings, who persuade other believers to do nothing.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

LA

That wasn't nice LA! But, expected!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A living faith avails.......

A living faith avails.......

LA

It remains a consistent principle thru-out the scriptures and life-experience, that 'repentance' is essential in the effect of 'salvation', 'liberation' or any 'transformation' of heart and soul. It goes without saying that 'faith without works' is dead.

One can hold to any theoritical or presuppositional position (intellectual concept) of what Jesus did for one's salvation, yet still...the principle of 'faith' must in its full 'fruition' bring forth accompanying works which prove its genuineness.

pj

Last edited: