toldailytopic: Can a saved person lose their salvation?

genuineoriginal

:shocked: Then I hope you don't die before then.
You don't understand the difference between being made free from sin and receiving everlasting life.

Romans 6:22
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.​

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.​

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Can a saved person lose their salvation?

I believe that John 14:6 is the only way to redemption, and that Romans 10:8-13 is the solution, and one is saved, therefore, no, I do not believe a saved person can lose their salvation. I believe that we are hidden in Jesus, safe and secure, just as it was stated in post posts by...

Mary Contrary
in post #2
and
Tambora in post #8
and
Bright Raven in post #11
and
Inzl Kett in post #18

and others who believe the same of the believer's security.​

I do not believe that Jesus would die to save us and then change His mind after we accept that wonderful, good and perfect gift.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
No---but then we're not discussing the life cycles of insects. (See Post #29.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
We are discussing a new creation. A new creation cannot become an old creation.

You can't comprehend the simplicity of that, because you have no idea what it means to be saved.

Cruciform

We are discussing a new creation. A new creation cannot become an old creation.
We're talking about a covenantally-based relationship between men and God. Relationships can be damaged and even destroyed. Again, see Post #29.

You can't comprehend the simplicity of that, because you have no idea what it means to be saved.
Well, that would certainly be a convenient point for you, if it were actually true---but, of course, it isn't. :nono:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
We're talking about a covenantally-based relationship between men and God.
False. You have no idea what it means to be saved. Salvation is a new creation. It is being crucified with Christ. and raised to "new" life.
Relationships can be damaged and even destroyed.
Irrelevant to salvation.

Those who are saved (which you are not), have died with Christ, and have received His life by the Holy Spirit that dwells in them.

To reject any of what I've shown you, is to reject the Gospel and Jesus.

You do both.

john w

Hall of Fame
Absolutely.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

What's "good news" about that? Let's go, Roman. Lay it out for us. Tell us this good news of Christ, the gospel of Christ. And what is the bad news, that makes the gospel of Christ such incredibly good news? Hint: It is not that you can "absolutely" lose your salvation, as you, and Muslims, Mormons,.......... assert. Connect the dots for all of us wayward "Protestants," who refuse to "come home," and sleep with the religious prostitute known as the Roman Catholic Organization. Start with explaining what happened 2000 years ago, at Calvary, and the resurrection, and why. Hint: answering the "why" reveals the bad news.

Cruciform

False. You have no idea what it means to be saved. Salvation is a new creation. It is being crucified with Christ. and raised to "new" life. Irrelevant to salvation. Those who are saved (which you are not), have died with Christ, and have received His life by the Holy Spirit that dwells in them. To reject any of what I've shown you, is to reject the Gospel and Jesus.You do both.
Already answered (Post #29).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

assuranceagent

Yes. A saved person can lose their salvation.

...if Jesus dies. Or sins.

Apparently, Cruciform and I would differ on the severity of that particular risk.

Cruciform

What's "good news" about that? Let's go, Roman. Lay it out for us. Tell us this good news of Christ, the gospel of Christ. And what is the bad news, that makes the gospel of Christ such incredibly good news?... Connect the dots for all of us wayward "Protestants," who refuse to "come home"...
1 Cor. 15:1-11

Hint: It is not that you can "absolutely" lose your salvation, as you, and Muslims, Mormons...assert.
What I referenced in Post #29 was not Muslim, not Mormon, nor my opinion, but a survey of relevant biblical texts, your rejection of which is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+