toldailytopic: What are your favorite, and least favorite, topics to discuss on Theol

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Favorite is the Gospel followed by Cigars. Least is homos and liberals.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like threads with a simple premise, but an ocean of depth.

Unfortunately the atheists tend to be able to use the depth to justify their whacky ideas.

I dislike threads where the premise can be justified by an opinion.

Kinda like this thread. :chuckle:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Favorites: theology proper, systematic theology

Least favorites: politics

AMR

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What are your favorite, and least favorite, topics to discuss on TheologyOnline?

Favorite

Politics
  • Our liberty and freedom.
ECT
  • Praise the Lord II
  • Topical studies, Psalms, the Gospel(s), sermons of pastors and evangelists from long ago.
Religion
  • Statements of faith like "This We Believe."
  • Biographies of Christians from the past.
  • Church history.
  • Encouraging others.
The Rest
  • Birthday Greetings.
  • Cars and car racing.
  • Topics of interest to all.

Least Favorite
Politics
  • Not much more than see "Politics" favorite topic.
ECT
  • Topics outside of Christianity.
Religion
  • KJV-only-ism.
The Rest
  • Most sports.

Least favorite: In general, though I have posted somethings - homosexuality.​

IXOYE

Favorites, Soteriology, or hermeneutical break downs of vss.

least favorites, anything judging other people.

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 13th, 2011 07:14 AM

toldailytopic: What are your favorite, and least favorite, topics to discuss on TheologyOnline?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 13th, 2011 07:14 AM

It goes in cycles for me.

At the moment I think I spend more time in the politics forum. I enjoy discussing theology but I get jaded at times and just need to avoid it. And since I am about the least dogmatic person possible, I don't feel a huge need to debate theology and convince others of my views. It certainly can be interesting/fun sometimes though. But for now I'm in a politics phase.

In politics, my favorite topics are probably the current GOP presidential campaign, foreign affairs, and economics.

My least favorite topics are probably.....any thread serpentdove starts. :eek:

In theology, my favorite topics are probably MAD, the divinity of Jesus, and faith vs works.

Not sure what my least favorite is. Maybe Calvinism.

Four O'Clock

Any topic that alienates every participant to the point that there is no discussion, simply I'm right and you're wrong.
Why even start a thread if both sides, from jump street, are saying...I know I'm right and your a misguided moron.
Just go preach to your respective choirs and leave the rest of us alone...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
My least favorite topics are probably.....any thread serpentdove starts...

I must be doing something right. :jump: Jn 3:20.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.” Romans 8:16

"A farmer and his farmhand went duck hunting. The farmer said to his friend, “You’re always talking about fighting with the devil. I’m not a Christian, and I never have to fight with the devil.”

The farmhand answered, “Boss, if you and I shot two ducks, one was wounded and one was dead, which one would you go after first?”

The farmer said, “Well, I guess the wounded duck.”

“That’s right. The devil knows you’re a dead duck.”

If the devil doesn’t bother you, it’s because he doesn’t have to bother you since you and he are traveling in the same direction. If you turned around, you’d have a collision with him. Right now, you are in collusion with him.

Are you a child of God? Then praise Him that He has given you the power over Satan and placed you on the pathway to see Him face to face!" Full text: Collusion or Collision by Adrian Rogers

Last edited:

MrRadish

I must be doing something right. :jump: Jn 3:20.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.” Romans 8:16

"A farmer and his farmhand went duck hunting. The farmer said to his friend, “You’re always talking about fighting with the devil. I’m not a Christian, and I never have to fight with the devil.”

The farmhand answered, “Boss, if you and I shot two ducks, one was wounded and one was dead, which one would you go after first?”

The farmer said, “Well, I guess the wounded duck.”

“That’s right. The devil knows you’re a dead duck.”

If the devil doesn’t bother you, it’s because he doesn’t have to bother you since you and he are traveling in the same direction. If you turned around, you’d have a collision with him. Right now, you are in collusion with him.

Are you a child of God? Then praise Him that He has given you the power over Satan and placed you on the pathway to see Him face to face!" Full text: Collusion or Collision by Adrian Rogers

Gutei's Finger

Gutei raised his finger whenever he was asked a question about Zen. A boy attendant began to imitate him in this way. When anyone asked the boy what his master had preached about, the boy would raise his finger.

Gutei heard about the boy's mischief. He seized him and cut off his finger. The boy cried and ran away. Gutei called and stopped him. When the boy turned his head to Gutei, Gutei raised up his own finger. In that instant the boy was enlightened.

When Gutei was about to pass from this world he gathered his monks around him. `I attained my finger-Zen,' he said, `from my teacher Tenryu, and in my whole life I could not exhaust it.' Then he passed away.

Full text: The Gateless Gate, Wumen Hui-k'ai

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Over the years I've spent at TOL, I've gone back and forth on favorite topics. Right now, I think my favorite topics are politics (abortion/death penalty/homosexuality/etc...) and almost any topic related to homemaking/cooking/raising children/older women teaching younger women. For the last few years, my least favorite topics have to do with theology. I think this is because I know what I believe and I know that it differs from many of my friends on TOL. I'm not going to change my mind just because someone tells me I'm wrong. And, I know that I'm not going to convince my friends that they're wrong. So, unless I'm asked directly, I don't discuss theology anymore.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
thank you for that link
but
in it you say

"Theology is the study of the systematized knowledge of God in His various relations to His creation."

so 'systematic theology' would be

the systematic 'study of the systematized knowledge of God'

I thought theology was the study of God
We all create some informal system of beliefs (systematics) from study of God's revelation (theology). When you make a vocation/avocation around formalizing these systematics, you are doing what is commonly named systematic theology.

AMR

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Favorite: abortion, death penalty, gay marriage, hate crime laws, right to bear arms

Least favorite: Creation VS Evolution, politics