GUNS!

bybee

Maybe someday some states like California, Minnesota, New York, Illinois, etc etc will have people that stop voting for immoral godless candidates. Probably not.

I don't know how it happened here. We were a staunchly Republican state espousing conservative values.
We've elected some good solid Republican Governors and Senators in the past.
Now we have Amy Klobuchar who is pretty middle-of-the-road, and of course Al Franken stole the election from Norm Coleman.
I'm still hanging my head in shame over that one.

jwp98

So lucky, I live in one of the few states that doesn't allow concealed carry. I anticipate that will change and am in the market for a new firearm, probably a 9mm auto. My favorite is currently my HK .40

The more I think about it though, the more I don't want to carry. Too much responsibility. I tend to enjoy a beer or two. I tend to cause friction in my dumb small town. I also don't want to have to think about what I can wear and what buildings I can enter.

Great to have options though.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
So lucky, I live in one of the few states that doesn't allow concealed carry. I anticipate that will change and am in the market for a new firearm, probably a 9mm auto. My favorite is currently my HK .40

The more I think about it though, the more I don't want to carry. Too much responsibility. I tend to enjoy a beer or two. I tend to cause friction in my dumb small town. I also don't want to have to think about what I can wear and what buildings I can enter.

Great to have options though.

It is true that it's not for everyone. :plain:

jwp98

It is true that it's not for everyone. :plain:

Indeed not. I have taken multiple classes over the years and do not consider myself well-prepared. There are probably some people out there carrying who should not be.

But then, I'm not a pretty college girl or little old lady. I have no close family and don't count my life as valuable as that of a father of five, etc.

A good compromise may be to have a firearm in the glove box. (Still legally concealed, as opposed to open carry.)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Indeed not. I have taken multiple classes over the years and do not consider myself well-prepared. There are probably some people out there carrying who should not be.

But then, I'm not a pretty college girl or little old lady. I have no close family and don't count my life as valuable as that of a father of five, etc.

A good compromise may be to have a firearm in the glove box. (Still legally concealed, as opposed to open carry.)

:plain: Welllll....contrary to popular belief I don't think it is possible to be "well prepared. I think it's only possible to be as prepared as you can be. I think anyone who thinks they are "ready" for a situation where deadly force is called for is either deluding themselves or just stupid.

:think: I've no doubt that there are people who should not be carrying and are....but then there are alot of people who are driving cars who shouldn't be also.

:nono: I was never a big fan of the glove-box thing myself. Cars are easy things to break into and to take the steps necessary to keep a weapon from being easily stolen would as well keep it from being brought into use in a timely manner. In fact I tend to get rather irritable whenever I have to leave my weapon in the car because of restricted areas (Airport...Courthouse) not because I want to carry into these locations per se but because it is very frustrating to me that I am forced to leave my weapon in what I consider to be an "unsecured" location. I've often considered getting a strong box installed in my car under the seat or something. I'm kind of "funny" about guns. :juggle:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:shocked:

:chuckle: Nope....If a person is not "relatively" sure that they can face the prospect of using deadly force (Not everyone is...there is no shame in this as far as I'm concerned...not everyone is "wired" the same) then they should not carry as they will only be a danger to themselves and others.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: Nope....If a person is not "relatively" sure that they can face the prospect of using deadly force (Not everyone is...there is no shame in this as far as I'm concerned...not everyone is "wired" the same) then they should not carry as they will only be a danger to themselves and others.
If I were the Sherriff in jwp98's town, :BillyBob: I don't believe I'd give him a conceal carry permit based on these statements:

"...The more I think about it though, the more I don't want to carry. Too much responsibility. :think: I tend to enjoy a beer or two. :cheers: I tend to cause friction in my dumb small town. :Clete: I also don't want to have to think about what I can wear and what buildings I can enter..." :AoO:

You said: "...t's not for everyone."

:freak: I second that. :shocked: I'm not concerned about his ability to use deadly force. :plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If I were the Sherriff in jwp98's town, :BillyBob: I don't believe I'd give him a conceal carry permit based on these statements:

"...The more I think about it though, the more I don't want to carry. Too much responsibility. :think: I tend to enjoy a beer or two. :cheers: I tend to cause friction in my dumb small town. :Clete: I also don't want to have to think about what I can wear and what buildings I can enter..." :AoO:

You said: "...t's not for everyone."

:freak: I second that. :shocked: I'm not concerned about his ability to use deadly force. :plain:

:think: You have a valid point...but it's a situation which is open to debate. In some people (me for example) the presence of a firearm at my side had just the opposite effect that one would (normally) think. I became even more polite and docile because of the knowledge that I can't afford to get into minor altercations due to the possibility of it getting out of hand. The responsibility to society which comes with the right I excercise weighs upon my thoughts and actions. The fact that jwp98 is considering these things could be considered evidence that he would, as well, be thoughtful of this responsibility and act accordingly.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...The fact that jwp98 is considering these things could be considered evidence that he would, as well, be thoughtful of this responsibility and act accordingly.

Perhaps when he grows up, :freak: he can talk to the sheriff. For now, he should carry only a water pistol. :thumb:

KenMaynard

I have a permit, but don't carry. Its a pain in the butt with all the places that specifically don't allow it. I live in TX.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
:think: You have a valid point...but it's a situation which is open to debate. In some people (me for example) the presence of a firearm at my side had just the opposite effect that one would (normally) think. I became even more polite and docile because of the knowledge that I can't afford to get into minor altercations due to the possibility of it getting out of hand. The responsibility to society which comes with the right I excercise weighs upon my thoughts and actions. The fact that jwp98 is considering these things could be considered evidence that he would, as well, be thoughtful of this responsibility and act accordingly.

You must spread some rep around before...yada yada yada!

" The responsibility to society which comes with the right I exercise weighs upon my thoughts and actions." :thumb:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Perhaps when he grows up, :freak: he can talk to the sheriff. For now, he should carry only a water pistol. :thumb:

You consider it immature that a man would consider his personal limitations and behaviors before making the decision to carry a deadly weapon?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But I would also like one of these. The description says it is a 1980 model.

http://www.autoweapons.com/photos11/sep/4361thomp.html

I could get a class 3 lower that is tranferable. The lower on any AR15 variant is what defines it of course. 3 shot select fire. But I don't want to pay that stupid price, so I will settle for semi-auto.

I don't have any interest in full auto. I don't like going through the ammo that fast.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I don't have any interest in full auto. I don't like going through the ammo that fast.

:think: Well, for normal defensive purposes full auto is kind of pointless. It's main application is tactical.

....But if you ever get the chance; try it, it's helluvalotta fun! ;)

expensive though. :plain: