Online Prayer Requests

servantofChrist

Humbled, Honored

Humbled, Honored

Reading the various posts on this thread has brought tears to my eyes. I wish to God that people all over the earth could see the love that is in Christ, the power that is in prayer, and the importance of His servants turning to one another for help via this divine path (prayer) to the heavenly Father.

I am humbled, and honored, to be asked to pray for these precious souls who have been mentioned, and consider it a privilege to have already done so.

I would also ask please that everyone pray for my nephew, Kevin, who is going through a very stressful time right now. He relocated from one part of the country to another, and as if the stress of that weren't enough, like so many others he hasn't found a job and needs one very badly.

Peace and love to all.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Got a small update on my mom. They're keeping her for one more day (minimum) because they cannot get her blood pressure down. A couple of times, she said that it was 185/117.

New update***

My mom left the hospital, against the doctor's advice, this morning. She knows that she's not well, right now. But, my nephew is shipping off, Monday morning, to Ft. Dix for basic training. And, she wants to have at least one lunch "date" with her oldest grandson before he leaves. He will probably never return to California unless the Army sends him there.

She said that she's hoping she's all right over the weekend and that she will go back Monday morning.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
***Another update on my mom. She went to the doctor, Monday. Instead of a doctor, she saw the nurse. The nurse ordered an EKG and told her that he had to show it to the doctor. But, in his opinion, she should be back in the hospital. The doctor said that an ambulance could get her if she had a stroke or a heart attack.

Sounds like my mom needs to change doctors to me.

ICameBack

Greetings and Blessings, brothers and sisters,

I've never done an online prayer request and am frankly humbled putting one up after reading the prior intentions. Know I am praying for you all!

It has been a calamitous week for my family. Sunday my children and I were in a car accident that may have totaled the car. Thank God we are unharmed but I am at a loss as to how to get another one as I owed much on the car.
My Mother also went to the hospital yesterday with chest pains which they say are not a heart attach but unknown. These among other financial and family issues. Also, I believe I have a calling but the steps to get there are unknown. This is all coming to a head this week and I could really use your prayers!

Thank you!
John

Aimiel

May God not only replace your car with a better one but heal your mom and bring you to the ministry He designed you for, without delay. Amen.

Breathe

Prayers for all who have requested. :)

My father's eye is healing, but he still cannot see very well out of the eye the cataract was taken from. I have an appt with my dr tomorrow and will update then. My son is doing pretty well at school, but will have a heavy course load until he graduates this December.

Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate them more than you can know.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My nephew and an update on my mom

My nephew and an update on my mom

I don't know how many of you remember when my nephew had an episode of ITP when he was younger. He's been in remission for about five to seven years. Well, he went off to Ft. Benning on Monday. I'm guessing he was admitted to the hospital yesterday or today. His ITP is back. He's getting a blood transfusion. I will be calling him in about 1/2 an hour to find out how he's doing. Thank God his mom's ex-boyfriend and his family don't hold what my sister did against me (she left him, saying that she was taking over at a bank where our dad lives for a girl going on maternity leave, and ended up marrying my nephew's father who she hasn't seen since she got pregnant with him). I wouldn't have found out about this if her ex-boyfriend hadn't called me from California. Of course, I was asked not to give the number to my sister. From what I've read about ITP, the blood transfusion is only given in emergency cases when the platelet count is really low. The only "cure" for the disease is a splenectomy. I'm hoping that they can get this under control enough for Chris to continue his dream of being in the US Army.

My mom sent me an update on herself, as well. Her doctor told her that "something is wrong with her heart." But, according to her, he won't tell her exactly what is wrong. But, the medications that they've prescribed cause shortness of breath and bruising of the lungs. With my mom, you never know where the doctor's words end and her own words begin. If she reads about a disease, she usually says she has that disease.

Anyway, please send prayers for both of them and for the safety of my daughter who is right in the middle of Hurricane Irene's path (right now).

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right now, they think it may have been brought on by either stress (new location/new lifestyle) or an allergic reaction.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
***Update on my nephew***

The army gave Chris a choice of staying in the military and taking a desk job or getting a medical release. He chose to take the medical release. They are going to pay for his first semester of college because he showed that he was willing to join up and pay for his treatment until his ITP goes back into remission. If he gets his spleen removed, they will let him re-join later. They are releasing him from the hospital, today, to go back to California (better medical care among doctors who already know him).

My sister is traveling to Atlanta, on the government's tab, to try to talk Chris into going to Iowa instead of California. The problem with that is that Chris doesn't want to live with my sister. But, my sister's trying to insist that he move in with her, telling him that he should obey her because she's his mother even though he's twenty years old. I told him that if he wants to come here, he's welcome to do so. But, it has to be his decision and no one else's. He's an adult and I can't tell him what to do any more than I can tell my daughter what to do.

***Update on :jessilu:***

She made it through Irene all right. But, she's decided to explore beliefs that she knows I don't hold. For the biggest part, I believe that she needs to decide for herself what she believes. But, she's pushing me totally out of her life. She had her roommate tell me that she doesn't want me to call her more than once a month. But, she still wants me to pay for her cell phone until she gets a job. I'm just not "allowed" to ask her if she's got a job or not. Since it's the only way I can contact her, I am going to continue paying for the phone for now. But, I'm getting tired of her telling me that I'm not allowed to worry about her, even though I'm her mother and, for the last ten years, we've been all each of us had.

Please keep me, :jessilu:, and Chris in your prayers.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
***Update on my nephew***

The army gave Chris a choice of staying in the military and taking a desk job or getting a medical release. He chose to take the medical release. They are going to pay for his first semester of college because he showed that he was willing to join up and pay for his treatment until his ITP goes back into remission. If he gets his spleen removed, they will let him re-join later. They are releasing him from the hospital, today, to go back to California (better medical care among doctors who already know him).

My sister is traveling to Atlanta, on the government's tab, to try to talk Chris into going to Iowa instead of California. The problem with that is that Chris doesn't want to live with my sister. But, my sister's trying to insist that he move in with her, telling him that he should obey her because she's his mother even though he's twenty years old. I told him that if he wants to come here, he's welcome to do so. But, it has to be his decision and no one else's. He's an adult and I can't tell him what to do any more than I can tell my daughter what to do.

***Update on :jessilu:***

She made it through Irene all right. But, she's decided to explore beliefs that she knows I don't hold. For the biggest part, I believe that she needs to decide for herself what she believes. But, she's pushing me totally out of her life. She had her roommate tell me that she doesn't want me to call her more than once a month. But, she still wants me to pay for her cell phone until she gets a job. I'm just not "allowed" to ask her if she's got a job or not. Since it's the only way I can contact her, I am going to continue paying for the phone for now. But, I'm getting tired of her telling me that I'm not allowed to worry about her, even though I'm her mother and, for the last ten years, we've been all each of us had.

Please keep me, :jessilu:, and Chris in your prayers.

:wave2: Will do :thumb:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Our son Tom in Denver

Our son Tom in Denver

You know how one thing leads to another, it started with Tom's gall bladder ordeal, that went well, then the Dr's saw spots on the liver, there would be biopsies. Next came the blood clot problem, it was traced to the liver. Then Tom called to tell us that the biopsy result was cancer, we understand that liver cancer is caused by another cancer elsewhere in the body...Tom told us yesterday the elsewhere is pancreatic cancer, we don't know to what extent, but Tom did say that the liver cancer is the lesser of the two, and the Dr's are going to concentrate on the pancreas. Tom mentioned something about chemo therapy, we also heard that there may be other examinations to see if there is cancer anywhere else and not just in the liver and pancreas.

Tom is 47, he is upbeat about this, I suppose as upbeat as a person can be, he says he feels strong physically other than this cancer thing. Tom's son in Indiana and his one of his daughter’s is in Jersey, they know about this; Tom's brother is there to help out, as well as Tom’s other daughter. Tom's wife's family is scattered, her mom and one of her sisters are in Nebraska, and her other sister and brother are somewhere in Metro-Denver.

It's a lot to digest and we do appreciate your listening ear and prayers for Tom. You all are praying people and are dear friends to us and that matters, for we know when family is scattered and things invade our lives, there others (you all) who are close who are caring, loving and kind.

Thanks for remembering our son Tom.

bybee

You know how one thing leads to another, it started with Tom's gall bladder ordeal, that went well, then the Dr's saw spots on the liver, there would be biopsies. Next came the blood clot problem, it was traced to the liver. Then Tom called to tell us that the biopsy result was cancer, we understand that liver cancer is caused by another cancer elsewhere in the body...Tom told us yesterday the elsewhere is pancreatic cancer, we don't know to what extent, but Tom did say that the liver cancer is the lesser of the two, and the Dr's are going to concentrate on the pancreas. Tom mentioned something about chemo therapy, we also heard that there may be other examinations to see if there is cancer anywhere else and not just in the liver and pancreas.

Tom is 47, he is upbeat about this, I suppose as upbeat as a person can be, he says he feels strong physically other than this cancer thing. Tom's son in Indiana and his one of his daughter’s is in Jersey, they know about this; Tom's brother is there to help out, as well as Tom’s other daughter. Tom's wife's family is scattered, her mom and one of her sisters are in Nebraska, and her other sister and brother are somewhere in Metro-Denver.

It's a lot to digest and we do appreciate your listening ear and prayers for Tom. You all are praying people and are dear friends to us and that matters, for we know when family is scattered and things invade our lives, there others (you all) who are close who are caring, loving and kind.

Thanks for remembering our son Tom.

I lift him up in prayer.