chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I had to look up harpy again. I still don't get it. So many meanings of that word.
Yes there are. The context determines which is being used. When referring to a person and not a mythical being the definition would be "a scolding, bad-tempered woman; shrew."

A harridan.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes there are. The context determines which is being used. When referring to a person and not a mythical being the definition would be "a scolding, bad-tempered woman; shrew."

A harridan.

Well I sometimes have a bad temper but my family just calls me Yosemite Sam.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh ... it seems congratulations are in order.

Congrats, Eeset on your well deserved QOH's Award.

rainee

A harridan.

Hey I never even got to put my name in or had a chance to show honest competition

and I would like to go for both the mythical creature and the scolding woman!!!

Watch out Eeset

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey I never even got to put my name in or had a chance to show honest competition

Get over it, Rainee. On your worst day, you are not capable of out-shrewing our Dear Eeset. She is Queen, you know.

rainee

Get over it, Rainee. On your worst day, you are not capable of out-shrewing our Dear Eeset. She is Queen, you know.
Oh Rusha!
I''m in pain. You brought tears to my eyes. :think:
So maybe we could start a club to share the award? :eek:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh Rusha!
I''m in pain. You brought tears to my eyes. :think:
So maybe we could start a club to share the award? :eek:

WE? What's this *we* stuff?

If my sweetness and serenity could be duplicated and bottled, peace would fall over the universe.

rainee

Florida? I WISH. :( Nah, I am in Nebraska ... though with any luck, maybe someday I will be able to move back to the State of Sunshine. :cloud9:

Ah!
btw I think you might enjoy a Rich Mullins video/song, Rusha
It made me remember how beautiful your area can be -yes? (Even when it is not California - how long have you been away from CA, may I ask)

zoo22

How about a newbie of the year award in the midst of all this sorrow, like a ray of hope.

catholic crusader

Chrys, I think you need to think these things through a bit more. Your last newbie ray of hope was... GM? How did that work out?

Spoiler
big_hindenburg_burning_on_ground.jpg

It didn't go so well with CW either. :plain:

I'm just saying, you might think twice before leaping into these things, especially with that bag on your head.

rainee

She new? :think:

How about a newbie of the year award in the midst of all this sorrow, like a ray of hope.

catholic crusader

Is that it?
Is Catholic Crusader getting "newbie of the year in the midst of all this sorrow, like a ray of hope" award?

Dang!
No competition AND getting the longest titled award in TOL history?
(Of Course we know who must of named it, yes? And it weren't Chrys)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Chrys, I think you need to think these things through a bit more. Your last newbie ray of hope was... GM? How did that work out?.

Is that it?
Is Catholic Crusader getting "newbie of the year in the midst of all this sorrow, like a ray of hope" award?

cc could be my replacement
he is already better than me
and
he is not going to be as nice

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Chrys, I think you need to think these things through a bit more. Your last newbie ray of hope was... GM? How did that work out?

I didn't think you would forget how tough it is to get started here

especially if you are catholic