Singer/Songwriter & Follower of Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Funderburk

OK...it's like this...

I'm a newbie on TOL. I've been involved with Bob Enyart live since 1996, and I'm the music leader at Denver Bible Church.

For a long time I was a professional musician who traveled across the country playing all types of music. Then I realized those venues weren't fun, decent, captivating, attractive, or even necessary anymore.

So...I decided to relinquish my title as "pro musician" and take on the title of "pro life musician". Writing and singing songs for the ones who never had a voice here on earth is an honor, privilege, and a duty of mine. I owe more than I can ever repay, but my love for the Lord will shine through in my songs.

There's a brief and candid synopsis of Tony Funderburk. I can't link to any of my online activities, but I hope to be of good service here, too.

To close...let me implore each of you to search for truth, be kind to your "fellow man", look for reasons to be happy instead of mad, and keep your eyes on "the prize".

May God bless you, correct you, and prompt you to great things.

Tony

maritime

Hi Tony. "...look for reasons to be happy..." This is important, and I will try.
It's hard to love, i think, in the moment, to stop and dwell (or build) on what really constitutes love. However, when one contemplates the lack thereof, the love that is not or the love that seems possible in the realm of "if only"...this has overwhelmed me at times, in the sense that it would seem impossible to contain the fullness of or filling up with love that could be poured out. Along the lines similar to what is recorded at the end of the gospel of John, if all the words (of Jesus) were recorded, there would not be enough books to contain them. See you around TOL :).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: Imagine how much harder your life might have been if you had been born Fony Tunderburk.

It makes you think, doesn't it? :plain:

Pleasure to meet you and best of luck in your ongoing. :thumb:

Tony Funderburk

Hi "maritime"...love is its own reward. Even if you have to "make it" an act of your will. It's better to have loved while you lived than not to have lived at all. Of course there's "a time to hate" as well, but here's a perspective:
God didn't give us His only begotten Son because He hated evil so much. Or because He hated Satan, or sin, or unrighteousness. It was because He "so loved the world". And can you imagine being Jesus on the cross, looking down at those who nailed Him to the cross and beat Him and even gave Him vinegar when He asked for water? And can you imagine having the willingness in your own heart to "forgive them for they know not what they do"? Me either.

If God can love me so much, I can certainly afford at least a little love each and every day.

And even if I were to go through life known as Fony, I'd still love Jesus. ;-)

Then I'd just invent the "telly"...and everyone would call it the tellyfony.

Pun intended.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK...it's like this...

I'm a newbie on TOL. I've been involved with Bob Enyart live since 1996, and I'm the music leader at Denver Bible Church.

For a long time I was a professional musician who traveled across the country playing all types of music. Then I realized those venues weren't fun, decent, captivating, attractive, or even necessary anymore.

So...I decided to relinquish my title as "pro musician" and take on the title of "pro life musician". Writing and singing songs for the ones who never had a voice here on earth is an honor, privilege, and a duty of mine. I owe more than I can ever repay, but my love for the Lord will shine through in my songs.

There's a brief and candid synopsis of Tony Funderburk. I can't link to any of my online activities, but I hope to be of good service here, too.

To close...let me implore each of you to search for truth, be kind to your "fellow man", look for reasons to be happy instead of mad, and keep your eyes on "the prize".

May God bless you, correct you, and prompt you to great things.

Tony

Tony
Was it Bob or you who coined the phrase "do right and risk the consequences"?

Tony Funderburk

So...who are some of you. By your monikers it's difficult to tell.

Thanks for all the welcomes, though, and I'm glad to see you here, too.

Tony

Last edited:

Tony Funderburk

Hey Delmar...it was Bob who coined the phrase "do right and risk the consequences". I just hijacked it and put it to music. :)

Tony

maritime

Hi "maritime"...love is its own reward. Even if you have to "make it" an act of your will. It's better to have loved while you lived than not to have lived at all. Of course there's "a time to hate" as well, but here's a perspective:
God didn't give us His only begotten Son because He hated evil so much. Or because He hated Satan, or sin, or unrighteousness. It was because He "so loved the world". And can you imagine being Jesus on the cross, looking down at those who nailed Him to the cross and beat Him and even gave Him vinegar when He asked for water? And can you imagine having the willingness in your own heart to "forgive them for they know not what they do"? Me either.

If God can love me so much, I can certainly afford at least a little love each and every day.

Surely there is a time to love and be loved--I have known and do know both of those realities...except they can seem pale in comparison to even the love you described above. We can say love and act love and believe we're loved, yes; I think the word I'm looking for is grief--grieving for the love that did not find expression, yet the grief, once expressed, acknowledges the (more complete) love that was possible or is yet possible in the world to come (if that makes sense).

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Warning warning, this truth up ahead...it gets beyond all the headlines you've read.

Don't need lip service with a wink and a nod...you need a man on a mission from God.

Bob Enyart live....

Are you the one who wrote that?

Did I get all the word right?

Tony Funderburk

Surely there is a time to love and be loved--I have known and do know both of those realities...except they can seem pale in comparison to even the love you described above. We can say love and act love and believe we're loved, yes; I think the word I'm looking for is grief--grieving for the love that did not find expression, yet the grief, once expressed, acknowledges the (more complete) love that was possible or is yet possible in the world to come (if that makes sense).

Are you currently grieving for a lost or unexpressed love? If so, I recommend making it short and moving on. Time moves forward. It doesn't stand still, move backwards or sideways. And remember the expression "time heals all wounds"? Well, that doesn't mean it erases them. Of course there are scars, but scars are just a physical representation of how you survived.

Each day you're give the freedom to choose. Joy or despair...love or hate...life or death.

Choose joy, love, and life. It's much more rewarding and long-term.

May God bless you with strength to endure and grow stronger.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.