Not much to say...

Right Divider

Body part
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? (Mat 10:22-25 KJV)

Zenn

(And I'm called ignorant? Fascinating.)
2261062210_479215df76_o.gif

PS: I think I'll stick around for awhile.
You are certainly ignorant of CONTEXT, that's for sure.

glorydaz

By all means, I'd be delighted to know which seminaries you've attended and which Ph.D.'s you've achieved.

Zenn

PS: I think you may wish to study something known to psychologists as "projection".

PPS: Or do you just want to do a quick and dirty IQ comparison?

I knew you didn't understand what Paul was saying about "judging all things". You don't even understand the difference between the wisdom of the world (natural man) and the wisdom of God.

1 Cor. 2:4-8 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.​

I'll pass on your "quick and dirty" comparisons. You've proven who you are, already.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. Religion,

Understanding requires an alignment of definitional frameworks. As an example, I have been in conversations where two people are smiling and happy, thinking they are in total agreement about faith. And yet I know of five different definitions of faith that are in common use today. It used to be somewhat amusing when I would step into such a conversation and ask a few questions to clarify what the first person truly meant by "faith" only to see (the expected) shadow of confusion and then doubt cross the face of the other. For they truly held to different definitions of what "faith" meant. And while they may have parted in enmity, they at least hadn't parted in delusion.

Now, though, it's no longer amusing. It's just sad.

Personally, though, I don't care if it offends your sense of propriety, needing to "tease these things out" and I'm sure you couldn't care less to know where I stand. I decline to answer out of decency, in that I have no idea what your definitional framework might be. And until I am quite sure I know what you mean by "faith" (or any other subject matter, e.g. salvation, or "Word of God" etc.) I decline to be baited into being rude.
In other words, I will not make plain where I stand on matters I hold dear.

Got it. :AMR:

We will just have to await your forthcoming enlightened teachings and decide for ourselves, for after all, you are far above the fray, unwilling to dip into the pool of the hoi polloi and sully yourself on the particulars.

Sigh.

AMR

Last edited:

Lon

Nothing that Jesus hasn't already warned His true disciples about.

Zenn
:think: ▼ This?▼

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? (Mat 10:22-25 KJV)

Zenn

As far as I understand the passage, it doesn't apply to you. As far as this site, most of them agree it doesn't apply to you. You can either find out the theology of the sponsors of this site, or muddle your way through. Cobra is going the harder route. I see you are friends with Cobra? :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Does this always happen in a Newbie introduction?
Does the Pope wear his hat in the woods? :think: Does a bear...well, no.
Uh... Thanks. Of course this is based upon the presumption that I am a Christian.
3580021340_d1e7daa099_o.gif
The "presumption" of gender is natural enough absent particularizing, given the makeup around here and the tendency to drift into the masculine as a neutral expression in writing. The presumption on faith is really up to you to clarify and your early comments had me thinking that you are likely an unorthodox member of the Body. If not, we have a number who aren't and it's not a death sentence around here.

Personally, though, I don't care if it offends your sense of propriety, needing to "tease these things out" and I'm sure you couldn't care less to know where I stand.
You don't know him, but I have for a number of years, in agreement and disagreement. AMR was being helpful, both for you and those interested. He's a good soul and possesses a keen intellect, one that doesn't insist on conformity of agreement for fellowship and discourse, but desires the sort of clarity that can only facilitate a meaningful difference, agreement and understanding between people.

Your response, "I don't care" was needlessly confrontational and to decry judgement as you have and then issue a declaration about what he cares about, judging him indifferent in the face of an effort that spoke to interest...that really isn't helping you in any sense unless you've come with the intent to play at something, which I hope isn't the case.

I decline to answer out of decency, in that I have no idea what your definitional framework might be.
He provided you links to some fairly reputable inquiries that will clarify your position within orthodoxy. They're a bit like the political tests you run into from time to time. I took them out of a natural curiosity. It's one way to stake ground or provide foundation for people who don't know you.

And if you aren't sure or aren't comfortable with a definite position on this or that, honest admission on the point is nothing shameful and should be appreciated as the mark of an honest exploration.

And until I am quite sure I know what you mean by "faith" (or any other subject matter, e.g. salvation, or "Word of God" etc.) I decline to be baited into being rude.
With regret, some evidence to the contrary, Zenn. But it's early in the day, so here's hoping for a better continuation all around. :cheers:

Lon

Ahh, so you are impatient and demand the instant gratification for which Americans are so well known.

I'm tempted to ask which Gospel, but I don't think that's an appropriate subject for the purposes of this thread.

Interesting. Unless one is Greek Orthodox, all gospels might be considered "unorthodox" no? And I think I can say here, Orthodoxy truly is in the eye of the beholder.

Well the obvious conclusion, then, is that you DO know how to be saved. So again, why are you asking me? To make a quick judgment? To dance in the cotillion of the stereotype?

And what of those non-atheistic trolls?

Not really. It's kind of like the Christian equivalent of dogs sniffing each others backside. I think I shall decline out of common decency.

Soteriology is a rather involved study, but it would seem you think such can be summarized in a sound bite. The doctrines of Soterilogy and Ecclesiastical Authority define the three major branches of Christianity. But I'm sure you know this. Suffice it to say here that I am not Catholic, nor am I Protestant.

Zenn

PPS: Here's a sound bite for you. A person is saved when the spirit of unbelief is removed from them by God.

PPPS: (But of course the wise man would wonder, "Unbelief of what?")
Quite a bit of gross and basal language here. What did you say your IQ and education level were again? Did you read the parts in Paul's letters where you should refrain from coarse jesting, and crude basal language? :think: Ephesians 4:29; 5:4 Colossians 3:8-11 Or do you disdain the scriptures like your friend 2003Cobra? I wonder if he knew cobras were poisonous... :think:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Zenn

Do not worry Zenn, they haven't worked themselves up into a full frenzy of mouth frothing yet.

They call themselves Christian but they would talk like Christ if they were.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Now you guys found another Christian who does not agree with your doctrines to gang attack.

so typical.

Lon

Now you guys found another Christian who does not agree with your doctrines to gang attack.

so typical.

Its a debate website. Were you looking for a lot of peace love and harmony? Here? Read some of his posts. He's coming out swinging himself. To me, most are congenial, if a bit challenging. We all need our faith and beliefs brought through testing. I don't see it as bad as you do?

Do not worry Zenn, they haven't worked themselves up into a full frenzy of mouth frothing yet.

They call themselves Christian but they would talk like Christ if they were.

LA
Isn't this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? I'm ever amazed that the verses are different, but the song is the song sounds the same. We can't attack our own OR the other guy without looking like we are attacking. The innocence card doesn't play. Know what I mean?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Its a debate website. Were you looking for a lot of peace love and harmony? Here? Read some of his posts. He's coming out swinging himself. To me, most are congenial, if a bit challenging. We all need our faith and beliefs brought through testing. I don't see it as bad as you do?

Isn't this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? I'm ever amazed that the verses are different, but the song is the song sounds the same. We can't attack our own OR the other guy without looking like we are attacking. The innocence card doesn't play. Know what I mean?

Now there you go again, injecting common sense and reason into a perfectly good lynching...