Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There's a chance that our Lord will deny them by telling them evildoers if they did lead away souls.

:AMR: Who are dem der evildoers?
crazy.gif

Derf

Would God ever do anything to shake someone's faith? Doesn't He do it all the time, or at least allow it to happen? He gave Satan permission to sift Peter like wheat. That had to have shaken his faith.

Seems to me that we should be careful not to tempt people to sin, but faith needs to be stressed a little to strengthen it, like our physical muscles.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This thread is ridiculous. Nobody has ever decided to reject God because of what other people believe about God. AB (both of them) is a liar and a :loser:.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
not going back through all this (man, did this thread catch fire yesterday or what? :) ), but....

did anna ever make any indication of what she would like knight to do differently, or wish that he had done differently with those mean mean posters who don't represent Christian values to her satisfaction?

You know what I was hoping to hear, Knight?

I was hoping that you cared about people on this forum other than your compadres.

You could have shown some leadership. Some empathy. Some Christian charity. Instead, you do what so many others do on this forum, and in the name of Christian 'truthsmack,' you treat other people like dirt. That's no way to witness, no way to show the light of the Christ in whom you believe to unbelievers.

1. I can't speak for zoo, and you can't speak for zoo. Only zoo can speak for zoo, and he did, and he said this forum played a large part in his becoming agnostic. Your callousness and that of others in this thread rather proves his point.

2. You have a commission, do you not? And if you come back with anything about shaking the dust, I'll say this first:

Shaking the dust doesn't mean "since you don't believe in God after I hit you over the head with my truthsmacking club, I'm now going to mock and belittle you into oblivion and I'm going to give my approval to anyone else who wants to pile on."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
This thread is ridiculous. Nobody has ever decided to reject God because of what other people believe about God. AB (both of them) is a liar and a :loser:.

Not necessarily, a person could be really really immature and or babe in Christ, and or have limited biblical knowledge, trusting in others to provide it instead.

Example. I suffered a "crisis" in faith when i was younger that caused me to question the limited information i had as a new believer, i falsely expected that now that i had become a believer, that everything would be different which included other "believers".

I had just started going to church regular and as such i did not have but a couple dresses and one was nicer than the other and we had little means for me to just run out and get some more - my children were little and we were stretched to the max, and my husband was getting baptised that day so i wore my best one (which i had worn the week before).

While he was, i overheard 3 women talking really bad about me because i had on the same dress for a second sunday in a row and it was really nasty (the things they were saying), i was very young and a new believer and it affected me so deeply i did not want to return.

Then when no one from the church came by to see how we were or even call to check on us, that hurt even more. At the time it made me feel like i didnt matter. Things were also getting harder in life in other ways, and one thing led to another and i started to blame God, and then told myself for a season that it was all a bunch of junk and i could better without Him. (because again, being immature myself and yet a babe without sufficient food yet, i believed that everything was suppose to instantly become perfect in my life and that other believers were perfect or should be).

At any rate, God never left me, i am who left, because i was too immature to keep seeking Him, i let those women take my eyes off Him, and put them on myself and them instead, them who needed Him as much as I did.

He never did me wrong, and never said believers wouldn't suffer things.

My faith needed to be tested, so i could grow.

We dont know why anna is suffering her faith, all we know is that she is placing blame where it doesnt belong.

The only example we need to be looking at is His.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
We dont know why anna is suffering her faith, all we know is that she is placing blame where it doesnt belong.

Then what's the point of being a Christian witness to anyone? Really, what's the point of being the lamp on the stand?

Last edited:

bybee

Not necessarily, a person could be really really immature and or babe in Christ, and or have limited biblical knowledge, trusting in others to provide it instead.

Example. I suffered a "crisis" in faith when i was younger that caused me to question the limited information i had as a new believer, i falsely expected that now that i had become a believer, that everything would be different which included other "believers".

I had just started going to church regular and as such i did not have but a couple dresses and one was nicer than the other and we had little means for me to just run out and get some more - my children were little and we were stretched to the max, and my husband was getting baptised that day so i wore my best one (which i had worn the week before).

While he was, i overheard 3 women talking really bad about me because i had on the same dress for a second sunday in a row and it was really nasty (the things they were saying), i was very young and a new believer and it affected me so deeply i did not want to return.

Then when no one from the church came by to see how we were or even call to check on us, that hurt even more. At the time it made me feel like i didnt matter. Things were also getting harder in life in other ways, and one thing led to another and i started to blame God, and then told myself for a season that it was all a bunch of junk and i could better without Him. (because again, being immature myself and yet a babe without sufficient food yet, i believed that everything was suppose to instantly become perfect in my life and that other believers were perfect or should be).

At any rate, God never left me, i am who left, because i was too immature to keep seeking Him, i let those women take my eyes off Him, and put them on myself and them instead, them who needed Him as much as I did.

He never did me wrong, and never said believers wouldn't suffer things.

My faith needed to be tested, so i could grow.

Blessings Sister.
And each person has his/her own kind of crisis.

bybee

Then what's the point of being a Christian witness to anyone? Really, what's the point of being the lamp on the stand?

I'm keeping the lamp lit. Just in case someone needs the light.
Throughout my life people have been good to me and it has made a difference.
Surprisingly, the people who were not good to me also made a difference.
The people who were good to me held me up until I could hold myself up.
The people who were not good to me made me fight the good fight!
Blessings dear Anna.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm keeping the lamp lit. Just in case someone needs the light.
Throughout my life people have been good to me and it has made a difference.
Surprisingly, the people who were not good to me also made a difference.
The people who were good to me held me up until I could hold myself up.
The people who were not good to me made me fight the good fight!
Blessings dear Anna.

Thank you, bybee. I needed a kind word today. I'm thankful for yours and for those given to me privately by another.

I think I'm finished with this thread.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You should have quoted me, not nick, as i am who said what you cite in the quote.

Shall we look at the witnesses in the bible? Were they perfect, anna? Do you believe you became perfect yourself because you claimed Christ?

Can you say with 100 percent certainty that you have never spoken carelessly, or acted carelessly toward another person ever and have only been the epitome of righteousness?

Unless you can, you have the same beam in your own eye that you are attempting to pluck out of the eyes of others.

Christ deals with the things that need fixing in us, on His timeframe not yours, and everyone is at different places in their walk with Him.

You dont get to decide where that is for someone else, when you are a mere work in progress yourself.

Get in His word, get on your knees in prayer, and ask for His leading.

Stop looking everywhere besides Him for answers.

The point of lampstands is to light up the darkness. Ive just given you some.

Status
Not open for further replies.