BEL Site Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. Nice additions to the site. :thumb:
2. I get "Access Denied" when trying to stream shows (downloading them works).
3. How about adding facebook and other bookmarking tools to each page?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think BEL needs a Twitter page so that they can post updates which get automatically pushed to us (followers) that way BEL can keep us fans informed of new shows and "goings on" without relying on us to come and visit.

TOL has a Twitter page.
http://twitter.com/theologyonline

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Might want to correct that spelling error. Just sayin' ;)

Cracked

1. Nice additions to the site. :thumb:
2. I get "Access Denied" when trying to stream shows (downloading them works).
3. How about adding facebook and other bookmarking tools to each page?

I can't get any of it to work.

Scott Wiemers

Glad to see B. Enyart still with us & contributing in the public forum

Glad to see B. Enyart still with us & contributing in the public forum

I attended a bible study lead by Bob E. some time ago, and it was very helpful. I got a practical and useful overview of the bible which allowed me to see how scriptures are used and manipulated to keep Christians confused and afraid (including myself). Some of the points we studied were divisive and probably could not be taught through the public forum of debate for which Bob is most well known. Let me encourage anyone interested in BEL to spend the time to look at what Bob has to say about the origin of the law, the Jewish covenant, and other less debated subjects. It has been time well spent in my case and I didn't even have to learn Greek.:zoomin:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I attended a bible study lead by Bob E. some time ago, and it was very helpful. I got a practical and useful overview of the bible which allowed me to see how scriptures are used and manipulated to keep Christians confused and afraid (including myself). Some of the points we studied were divisive and probably could not be taught through the public forum of debate for which Bob is most well known. Let me encourage anyone interested in BEL to spend the time to look at what Bob has to say about the origin of the law, the Jewish covenant, and other less debated subjects. It has been time well spent in my case and I didn't even have to learn Greek.:zoomin:
Welcome to TOL Scott. Where was the bible study you attended located? I might have been there.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some of the points we studied were divisive and probably could not be taught through the public forum of debate

You are wrong, and so is he. The scripture flows harmoniously, without any change in tact or or direction. Paul is also wrong to say "rightly divide".

:thumb: If you just read it straight up, you have to add to it to find the common covenant theology.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are wrong, and so is he. The scripture flows harmoniously, without any change in tact or or direction. Paul is also wrong to say "rightly divide".

:thumb: If you just read it straight up, you have to add to it to find the common covenant theology.
Maybe he is saying that some of what Bob teaches is divisive because it goes against the mainstream Christian cliches, which of course is true.

By definition.... rightly dividing is a divisive teaching. :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think BEL needs a Twitter page so that they can post updates which get automatically pushed to us (followers) that way BEL can keep us fans informed of new shows and "goings on" without relying on us to come and visit.

TOL has a Twitter page.
http://twitter.com/theologyonline

If you told Bob you wanted to set up a twitter page for him, I bet he would say OK. If you don't want to do it, I bet you could put my brother on it.

Scott Wiemers

Glad to be here

Glad to be here

Welcome to TOL Scott. Where was the bible study you attended located? I might have been there.

It was in Englewood Co. near Broadway and Hampden, probably in the fall of 1997. It was fun but the hard part was putting aside my own ideas long enough to see what was being taught. The main topic was the idea that God has a covenant with the Jewish people and a somewhat different covenant with Gentile believers. Recognizing this difference put the scriptures in a new light -at least in my case as alot of my ideas about the bible were confused - since I had not made this distinction before. Most of Bob's reference matirial for the study came from the book of Acts, the Epistles of Paul (to Gentile Believers), and the other Epistles, (written mainly to Jewish Believers). Bob didn't want to teach on the subject matter in the public forum at the time as He believed it might lead to greater division among Believers than to accomplish any useful purpose. I believe this is probably still true today, but I'm sure the matirial from the Bible study is still available to anyone requesting it.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scott Wiemers said:
Right, it was the study entitled "The Plot - Overveiw of the Bible" & "The Plot - Tree of the knowlege of good and evil". The overveiw really is the key to the details, it exposed where cliche's had replaced sound reasoning, and alot of outright deception in my own understanding of scripture. There must be some conspiracy to keep Christians divided with misleading information about the scriptures. I believe alot of reputable Christian "Leaders" make/have made a comfortable living doing just that. Anyway I always try to focus on the things I have in common with other Christians, rather than to point out our differences. I'm convinced that this strategy puts the knowlege to to it's best possible use. Sometimes I'll catch another person when they are open to new ideas about the Bible but these times are few and far between. Bob Enyart's secret to clear reasoning on alot of issues might be found in these Bible studies more so than any other place. Thnx TOL for letting me share.

Status
Not open for further replies.