Black History Month

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This one resonated with me because I recently saw a claim that Trump has always been a racist blah blah blah blah blah because of his reaction - the reaction that many in New York had including prominent politicians including Democrats (which Trump was at the time) - his reaction to the arrest of the Central Park 5. This was a series of criminal behaviors by dozens of young black men who were running wild (wilding) through Central Park one warm spring evening. There were reports of muggings and other physical assaults and robberies. One woman was raped. Five young black men were arrested and charged with multiple charges of assault and rape. They were tried convicted and sentenced and the rape conviction was later overturned with the confession and DNA evidence of a unrelated serial rapist. As you can imagine it got a lot of play in the press about racial profiling and other nonsense.

I was 29 at the time. Planning to start my family working a steady professional level job. I was disgusted not so much by the "racial profiling" but by the fact that the media coverage at the time never mentioned that they were guilty as sin of the muggings and other assaults and robberies. This may be one of the first instances of me being aware of the corruption of the mainstream media.