ECT Ask why IP asks why

Interplanner

My publication tagline used to be:

you won't believe why you used to

I have no use for dealing with restaters here: people who simply entrench and restate something over and over and have no idea why they believe what they do, and don't seem to have ever read Mt 5:22, or are considerably insecure.

You are welcome to ask me questions here about why I believe what I do.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My publication tagline used to be:

you won't believe why you used to

I have no use for dealing with restaters here: people who simply entrench and restate something over and over and have no idea why they believe what they do, and don't seem to have ever read Mt 5:22, or are considerably insecure.

You are welcome to ask me questions here about why I believe what I do.

In your own words, explain how someone can receive eternal life?

Interplanner

In your own words, explain how someone can receive eternal life?

Eternal life is one of the gifts of being justified in Christ. It is not the most important and should not devalue this life. One of the great features of justification as Paul referred to it was the welcoming and fellowship of all people, regardless of class, race, gender, who believe on justification in Christ and work in that mission. This community is so powerful, it is a demonstration to the 'principalities and powers' that God heals compared to the destruction and misery of the elemental religions of the world.

God was in Christ reconciling the debt of man's sin. Those who believe that receive all of God's gifts. Those who don't think there are sin-debt to pay off do not.

Interplanner

The newest assault on the coherence of the Bible is:

"Stop fighting the kingdom of God." --TOL participant

I don't know why the person thinks we are not part of the kingdom of God, active in it right now. If I tell them literalism is the problem, they are rather stumped and write messages to each other that remind a person of a children's giggle-generating nonsense poem.

Or they think early Acts was an offer to Israel, maybe a last offer, or a last offer and then withdrawn, to have a theocracy restored. That would be the most literal way to do things. That's what you might think if you don't know NT history.

SaulToPaul 2

The newest assault on the coherence of the Bible is:

"Stop fighting the kingdom of God." --TOL participant

I don't know why the person thinks we are not part of the kingdom of God, active in it right now. If I tell them literalism is the problem, they are rather stumped and write messages to each other that remind a person of a children's giggle-generating nonsense poem.

Or they think early Acts was an offer to Israel, maybe a last offer, or a last offer and then withdrawn, to have a theocracy restored. That would be the most literal way to do things. That's what you might think if you don't know NT history.

:chuckle:

Hey, smarty pants. If God said some people are getting land, let them have land.
STOP FIGHTING AGAINST WHAT GOD HAS SAID!

Interplanner

Hey, smarty pants. If God said some people are getting land, let them have land.
STOP FIGHTING AGAINST WHAT GOD HAS SAID!

It's a vision; it is not the reality or fulfillment in Christ. You have completely misunderstood. It no longer matters, not in the NT. In Hebrews (!) it is explicitly given away to the unshakeable kingdom in the NHNE. Everything is defined by Christ now, not the 'ordinary sense.'

Interplanner

Oh.

No thanks, I believe the prophets. So should you.

But do you believe Paul when he asks 'do you believe the prophets'? and does "not go beyond them" when they announce the coming, sacrifice and glory of Christ in Acts 26:23?

The best commentary on the Bible is the Bible.

What are some examples of "going beyond"?

Interplanner

Can you show me, then, where the "NT" annuls land promises made and confirmed over and over and over?

It never matters in Acts, yet "everything promised to the Fathers was fulfilled in the resurrection of Christ" for justification from our sins.

It never matters in Hebrews, yet the land is fried, and the OT believers in the cloud were neither looking for land in Israel nor back where they came from in the ancient near east, but for Christ, and his unshakeable kingdom.

The 'miniature' of the Bible--the parable of the vineyard--shows no giving the vineyard back to the incompetent and rebellious people.

"The wrath of God has come completely" on Israel. 2 Thess 1.

"This is the time of wrath in fulfillment of all that is written" Lk 21 says of AD 66+. "All" usually means all.

Paul said he was not to refer to the prophets beyond the coming, sacrifice and resurrected glory of Christ enthroned as in Ps 2 and 110.

In short, no place in the NT WHERE YOU WOULD EXPECT SOMETHING TO BE SAID VALIDATING FURTHER LAND PROMISES does that.

Any questions?

SaulToPaul 2

It never matters in Acts, yet "everything promised to the Fathers was fulfilled in the resurrection of Christ" for justification from our sins.

It never matters in Hebrews, yet the land is fried, and the OT believers in the cloud were neither looking for land in Israel nor back where they came from in the ancient near east, but for Christ, and his unshakeable kingdom.

The 'miniature' of the Bible--the parable of the vineyard--shows no giving the vineyard back to the incompetent and rebellious people.

"The wrath of God has come completely" on Israel. 2 Thess 1.

"This is the time of wrath in fulfillment of all that is written" Lk 21 says of AD 66+. "All" usually means all.

Paul said he was not to refer to the prophets beyond the coming, sacrifice and resurrected glory of Christ enthroned as in Ps 2 and 110.

In short, no place in the NT WHERE YOU WOULD EXPECT SOMETHING TO BE SAID VALIDATING FURTHER LAND PROMISES does that.

Any questions?
Can you show me, then, where the "NT" annuls land promises made and confirmed over and over and over?

Interplanner

I already knew you would disagree, but have you asked why?

There is no need for the land! God is not proved or disproved by the land. Acts 13: the resurrection is the fulfillment of all that was promised because Christ is the satisfactory justification for our sins! It is a new 'world' with new issues.

The Christin mission is not a bunch of people waiting around for God to prove himself by doing something in Judea. It is an outreach in his mission of care for widows and orphans, and declaring the grace of God to the end of the earth. What are you doing with your life? Waiting for Judea?

Interplanner

Was the first Adam given a job? What was he to subdue and have dominion over?

You're very ignorant and cluttered. This whole time we have been talking about Israel after the exile and the DofJ and what is to become of its land.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ADAM BEFORE THE FALL GOD KNOWS WHERE IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATION WHEN ISRAEL DIDN'T EXIST.

Have a good day, but don't post. Read Hebrews 10x. With someone.

SaulToPaul 2

You're very ignorant and cluttered. This whole time we have been talking about Israel after the exile and the DofJ and what is to become of its land.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ADAM BEFORE THE FALL GOD KNOWS WHERE IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATION WHEN ISRAEL DIDN'T EXIST.

You have no answers, only rhetoric stemming from unbelief.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You enjoy "barking" orders don't ya?