ECT You'll never fight the devil until...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You are totally convinced that as far as you are concerned he is TOTALLY defeated...you just won't, you will always fret that somehow one day he will get you back in his clutches.

Until the revelation dawns

He is done for like Pharoah and his army were done for at the Red sea, he cain't come over to you and you cain't go back to him....only in your mind.

He is a roaring lion but he is a'lyin'

That is all he's got.

You can die in the wilderness of sin my friend but back to Egypt you cannot go, you are in God's hands.

Resist the devil, draw nigh unto God and God will draw nigh unto thee and the devil will flee from you. It is a fight of faith, what or who you will believe.

Understand that the victory has been won vicariously for us by Christ at the cross...we don't have to fight, we don't have to struggle, all we have to do is enter in to His work, His victory.

Now you can start praising Him, now you can be thankful, now you can be exceedingly glad....now you can begin to tell others.

ZacharyB

Resist the devil, draw nigh unto God ...

...we don't have to fight,
we don't have to struggle ...
Yes, these 2 pieces of obedience to the NT Scriptures are required.
Butski, many like you call this "works".

Again, you refuse to believe Paul, who said:
this Christian walk is about fighting and struggling!

You really need to stay up in the choir loft with the other women,
for you are NOT allowed to even try to teach men!

Danoh

Choir?

You really are confused...

I don't see eye to eye with her on some things either, and visa versa.

But guess what; clown.

This is an open forum on the internet; not "church." She is welcome to her say with us men all she wants.

Don't like it, move on...your every post is absolute garbage anyway.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

The fight is the GOOD fight of faith, because there are so many FALSE teachers like you spreading a message of fear and doubt. The struggle we have is the same noble struggle we see Christ and His apostles engaged in, against persecution.

Religious people really do not like this message of victory at the cross. This message grates upon the holiness brigade because they preach self effort and self sufficiency....the old soldier act, limping painfully along with their war wounds. They want people's admiration.

YOU, you want everyone to think you are the great teacher of holiness

I preach the simple way of faith in the cross for EVERY human need. What Christ hath prepared for us FREELY which can only be got by faith....believing God is where the battleground is.

People will always flock to the simple way because it works and folks like you will always grit your teeth

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We are wearing lots of spiritual armor so are we not on the offensive against satan?

Stand therefore

having your loins girt about with TRUTH....Is truth something we do?
having on the breastplate of righteousness....is that our righteousness? or is it God's righteousness?
feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of PEACE
Above all taking the shield of FAITH wherewith ye shall be ABLE to quench the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation...see? salvation has been won for us all we need to do is put it on and wear it.
and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.

The only offensive piece here is the word of God, all is supplied for us.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Open your mouth brother...if the Lord has been gracious to you [and I think He has] then it should not be too much a struggle

genuineoriginal

You are totally convinced that as far as you are concerned he is TOTALLY defeated
Looks like you didn't inform Paul, James, and Peter of this before they wrote the following verses:

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.​

1 Timothy 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.​

1 Timothy 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.​

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.​

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.​

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:​

Jamie Gigliotti

What defeats the Devil? The power of Christ! How through the Cross and our faith and dependence upon Him. Do you want to rest in Christ who is no longer on that old Cross. How do we rely on Christ here and now?

"But He said to me, "My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

The Devil invites us into pride. Our weakness, and His grace and His Power defeats the Devil every time!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Looks like you didn't inform Paul, James, and Peter of this before they wrote the following verses:

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.​

1 Timothy 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.​

1 Timothy 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.​

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.​

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.​

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:​

Not one of those scriptures indicate that the devil has not been defeated or that we should not carry the fight to him in that knowledge, in fact the opposite you have said yourself that we are to make him FLEE.

He gains power over people...yes Christians by false, lying doctrines....have YOIU been as diligent or vigilent against wrong doctrines as you might have?

The devil gained great power in the church and held it for centuries through false doctrines...he starts with just a foothold...say by throwing down the doctrines of predestiny and election....this creates a vacuum in doctrine for now we have to find another reason why God should save us

Enter in salvation by good works, conditional salvation, probationary salvation...a little way down the line we lose the omniscience of God with OV theology....this is all territory that the devil has gained in the church since the reformation

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What defeats the Devil? The power of Christ! How through the Cross and our faith and dependence upon Him. Do you want to rest in Christ who is no longer on that old Cross. How do we rely on Christ here and now?

"But He said to me, "My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

The Devil invites us into pride. Our weakness, and His grace and His Power defeats the Devil every time!

Some of us are not mighty like Paul the great apostle, we are already weak and God is mighty on our behalf.

But we have not quite fallen into the pride of believing that anything we have came as a result of our own abilities. We are wholly thrown back upon Calvary ground. "What have you?" cried Paul "that you didn't received" if it is all by gift of God's grace why do folk boast as though it were something THEY are or something which they have done?

ZacharyB

Greetings, genuine ...

Why waste Scripture on her?
Jesus said to NOT waste incredibly precious spiritual Truths on the pigs and dogs.
'Cause they would just simply trample them under their feet.
Total waste of time ... for her, emotional feel-good stuff reigns supreme!
Noteski ...
The Scriptures are full of verses about FEARING God.
Feel free to include Jesus in the bunch who have said this!
He said, "Fear Him who can send you to Hell."
Better fear el Tottster also ... for her false preaching.

Jamie Gigliotti

Some of us are not mighty like Paul the great apostle, we are already weak and God is mighty on our behalf.

But we have not quite fallen into the pride of believing that anything we have came as a result of our own abilities. We are wholly thrown back upon Calvary ground. "What have you?" cried Paul "that you didn't received" if it is all by gift of God's grace why do folk boast as though it were something THEY are or something which they have done?

Are people really weak?
People can be fooled themselves into thinking they are weak... On one hand attempting to hold onto all the promises Christ offers, but in their pride reject him personally.

The weakness Christ desires is our dependence upon Him, our recognized need for Him personally to empower us. A continued recognition of our need, and in greater measure. When we take a step towards Him He runs to us.

It has nothing to do with our ability, quite the opposite, recognizing our inability, our need, our weakness, which brings His power. Paul wasn't strong, he was weak and thus Christ was strong in Him.

"For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phiilipians 4:13