You May Not Post Attachments

Mocking You

Was wondering why I can't post attachments? I joined almost two years ago and am approaching 1,000 posts. What's the deal?

Mocking You

You have to clear it through me, and send me a nominal $50 entry fee.

OK, so I clear this through you:

Now, where do I send my fifty bucks?

john w

Hall of Fame
OK, so I clear this through you:

Now, where do I send my fifty bucks?

My Swiss bank account. Send me your email address, and I will oblige. While you are it, send me your bank acct. #, and I will send you a "free" toaster. Hurry! This offer expires at midnight! Call now!!

Mocking You

My Swiss bank account. Send me your email address, and I will oblige. While you are it, send me your bank acct. #, and I will send you a "free" toaster. Hurry! This offer expires at midnight! Call now!!

Free toaster sounds nice. What will you send me if I give you my Social Security number?

Mocking You

I would suggest the same way you did it in post #3.

Yes, that is a workaround to being able to post attachments. But if posting attachments is a feature of the board, and I can't do it, I'm wondering why not?

How does one post a video, or a .gif?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
With the "Insert Image" and "Insert Video" icons.

Also, it may depend if you are on a pc or phone.
It is my understanding that phones don't access all the bells and whistles of TOL, like a pc does.

Danoh

With the "Insert Image" and "Insert Video" icons.

Also, it may depend if you are on a pc or phone.
It is my understanding that phones don't access all the bells and whistles of TOL, like a pc does.

One way around that when on a smart phone is to tap on the "Full Site" option.

That gives you access to the features you are describing.

When you select, say, the video option, your phone screen will look hazy.

Just tap on your reverse option on your phone, and using your fingers, make things on the screen smaller til you see the window where you will be posting the link.

Tap on it, paste your link, and tap enter.

(if that does not work, then use your fingers again to make things on the screen smaller, and tap on the ok option).

After posting it, go to the very bottom left, where the option for changing colors and so on is found, scroll down all the way to the bottom of that, and click on the Mobile option to return to your previous, smart phone view.

It is a bit tedious when you first try it, but after a while, this thing that differs in finer distinctions from the norm, no longer will.