ECT Why was it necessary for what seems to be God testing the faith of Jesus?

Cross Reference

In this I equate the faith of Jesus with His allegiance to God.

What was God after we need to know if Jesus is to be our example in living out the written word found in the scriptures?

Test = prove = Temptation

Cross Reference

Where do you see God testing Jesus?

By leaving Jesus alone in the wilderness as He did Adam after giving him the command not to eat of the tree of knowledge of Good and evil. God removed His manifest presence from them both by stepping back and watching how they handled themselves and what they would draw upon for strength in the time of their temptation, given the power of Satan to deceive was more than any "unlearned" human could handle. Adam responded with nothing. Jesus, "It is written" was His mantra.

Adam probably had as much relationship with The Word of God as Jesus did given he "walked and talked with him in the cool of the day". However, in this it didn't benefit him. He failed, demonstrating the need for something on the inside of him Holy that would connect with his spirit. It being on the outside of him was of little value when dealing with "Vanity" and sin "couching at the door".

Had Adam done well, would he not have been accepted? Absolutely! Where else is this scene played out aside from Cain, before he slew Abel?

Jesus, from a new born, learned the written word and succeeded by the deposit of it into His Soul.

In this we can see just how important it is to digest the written word to arrive at a sustaining message/understanding of God and what is at stake. In otherwords, throw out doctrines from commentaries that won't sustain in such times of deception and temptation, doctrines that won't take us home to our Fathers House. Doctrines that don't satisfy by continually speaking of escaping damnation, adnausm. [Like we have never heard it all before.]

BTW: It was not so much God testing Jesus but God allowing Satan to test Him to see how much He 'KNEW'.
Remember, in this Jesus was given to protect the Word within Him, the Word that connected Him, as a human, to the Godhead. Fail in that and the whole thing would have collapsed.

Hope that helps.

Cross Reference

do you see God testing anyone?

I would say it depends on the individual, chrys. I believe the more we understand God and the issues surrounding our salvation the stronger the effects of the demonic will be that will come against us to steal, plunder and destroy that which God has placed within us. We must remember, "the little foxes destroy the vineyard". There are a lot of dead doctrines on Christian forums designed to do just that.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I would say it depends on the individual, chrys. I believe the more we understand God and the issues surrounding our salvation the stronger the effects of the demonic will be that will come against us to steal, plunder and destroy that which God has placed within us. We must remember, "the little foxes destroy the vineyard". There are a lot of dead doctrines on Christian forums designed to do just that.

that question was for lighthouse
and
don't you dare blame anything on the fox

you will be held responsible
not
the fox

oatmeal

By leaving Jesus alone in the wilderness as He did Adam after giving him the command not to eat of the tree of knowledge of Good and evil. God removed His manifest presence from them both by stepping back and watching how they handled themselves and what they would draw upon for strength in the time of their temptation, given the power of Satan to deceive was more than any "unlearned" human could handle. Adam responded with nothing. Jesus, "It is written" was His mantra.

Adam probably had as much relationship with The Word of God as Jesus did given he "walked and talked with him in the cool of the day". However, in this it didn't benefit him. He failed, demonstrating the need for something on the inside of him Holy that would connect with his spirit. It being on the outside of him was of little value when dealing with "Vanity" and sin "couching at the door".

Had Adam done well, would he not have been accepted? Absolutely! Where else is this scene played out aside from Cain, before he slew Abel?

Jesus, from a new born, learned the written word and succeeded by the deposit of it into His Soul.

In this we can see just how important it is to digest the written word to arrive at a sustaining message/understanding of God and what is at stake. In otherwords, throw out doctrines from commentaries that won't sustain in such times of deception and temptation, doctrines that won't take us home to our Fathers House. Doctrines that don't satisfy by continually speaking of escaping damnation, adnausm. [Like we have never heard it all before.]

BTW: It was not so much God testing Jesus but God allowing Satan to test Him to see how much He 'KNEW'.
Remember, in this Jesus was given to protect the Word within Him, the Word that connected Him, as a human, to the Godhead. Fail in that and the whole thing would have collapsed.

Hope that helps.

John 8:16

And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

John 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Hope that helps.

Are you denying Jesus' deity?

Also your argument is mostly an argument from silence.

I hate it when I do that!!

I feed the foxes where I live. . .:)
I'm not going to answer chrys' stupid question.

False Prophet

Jesus went out into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Command these stones to be turned into bread! Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the Lord, said Jesus. I will give you all these kingdoms if you will bow down and worship me! Jesus told Satan, Thou shall worship the Lord your God. Satan likewise tempts us everyday to forsake God, and to follow him.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No "God's Truth", I don't. OOPS! but, perhaps you are her father? I can't be completely wrong in supposing that, can I?
I don't have any kids.

I asked you if you were denying it, because it appeared as though you were. You refused to clarify. What was I supposed to think?

Maybe your wording needs work. And maybe you're missing some words. You need an editor.