Why mother’s love couldn’t save the physician from suicide?

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned

In our Calcutta a senior physician in metropolitan hospital, was most devoted to his 85 year old widowed mother. For that his wife divorced him. Childless he resided alone with her. As a Hindu he believed in various gods who also found suicide as the only way out. Alas! No one here preached Christ to him who showed that the only saving love is the absolute spiritual love Heavenly Father. He had no concrete idea of Him only a hazy idea just like majority nominal Christians.

So one day in suicidal blues he locked his mother inside and drowned himself in the river. His mother remained uncared and his body remained in morgue unidentified. Only after three days his servant, who was absent on leave, came back and broke open the door. Relatives’ searches found his corpse in the morgue of the hospital where he worked.

Only the love of heavenly Father, the central love-unity, saves. No worldly love, even the highest among them mother’s love can save. Divine love can save us even surpassing this life. Martyrs conquer every suffering and torture by that love. I have found
the recent Russian martyrs exemplifying that love. They conquered the temptation to suicide even in prolonged terrible torture and imprisonment. Their complete surrender to Heavenly Father, as Christ did, has strengthened my faith. So I stopped taking any medicine myself and stopped all medicines of hospital rejected octogenarian parents after bringing them to faith. Miraculously they were almost cured. So father died at 92 years while praying.

But my doctor sister created problem by starting medicine again of mother after taking her in her care. Against mother’s objections she is forcing her to live in her painful body. Humanity is enamored of body not soul, women are more so. Besides, doctors rarely rely on Heavenly Father. Now I am forced to attend to mother leaving my charitable works when sister goes on duty tour. Though I am trying to bring sister to love Heavenly Father, it seems futile. Being woman her priority is to conform to the hell-rushing society. Her agnostic doctor husband hates me for my spirituality. But that is my atonement for rejecting Heavenly Father while in heaven and spoiling others. Pray that I may not feel despair in preaching Heavenly Father’s love. Then a few will be saved from suicidal soul-disintegrating hell that doctor choose.