ECT WHO WILL GO THRU THE FIRE AND SURVIVE ?

DAN P

Hi to all and as the OP suggests , when we go thru the FIRE , who will survive ??

In Matt 3:1-17 the context is Israel as verse 5 he preached to Jerusalem and all Judaea !

Then in verse 11 , Israel will be baptized with Water and Repentance Bur when He is come He shall Baptized with with Holy Spirit and FIRE !!

#1 , So , we know that in Acts 1:4 and 5 were to stay in Jerusalem and the Power fell on those Jews ,

#2 , So where were the Gentiles in Acts 2 ??

Do you see the Greek word ETHNOS /GENTILE here ??

#3 And where does the FIRE come in ?

#4 , Those Jews who did not take the Council of John and Luke 7:30 says they PERISHED in 70 AD .

dan p

Sheila B

Fire refines and purifies; perhaps-

I Cor 3:15

This is needed because we need "that holiness without which no one can see the LORD"

DAN P

Fire refines and purifies; perhaps-

I Cor 3:15

This is needed because we need "that holiness without which no one can see the LORD"

Hi , and this OP is another way , why Israel was set aside !!

But they will go thriugh the FIRE again in the Great Tribulation as there is 2 parts to the Power of Holy Spirit and the FIRE/PURGING in Revelation .

I was going to do an OP on why 1 Cor 3:15 is different than the one in Acts , , but will write it Saturday , God willing !!

dan p

Sheila B

Hi , and this OP is another way , why Israel was set aside !!

But they will go thriugh the FIRE again in the Great Tribulation as there is 2 parts to the Power of Holy Spirit and the FIRE/PURGING in Revelation .

I was going to do an OP on why 1 Cor 3:15 is different than the one in Acts , , but will write it Saturday , God willing !!

dan p

Not sure follow why Israel would be set aside due to every man's work, built on Christ, being tested and burned?

But will wait for the 1 Cor 3:15 thread to learn your thoughts...

Cross Reference

Hi to all and as the OP suggests , when we go thru the FIRE , who will survive ??

In Matt 3:1-17 the context is Israel as verse 5 he preached to Jerusalem and all Judaea !

Then in verse 11 , Israel will be baptized with Water and Repentance Bur when He is come He shall Baptized with with Holy Spirit and FIRE !!

#1 , So , we know that in Acts 1:4 and 5 were to stay in Jerusalem and the Power fell on those Jews ,

#4 , Those Jews who did not take the Council of John and Luke 7:30 says they PERISHED in 70 AD .

dan p

God is a consuming fire. Fit that in to your shallow reasoning.

DAN P

God is a consuming fire. Fit that in to your shallow reasoning.

Hi , and what do you know about SHALLOW reasoning as you seem to be a CROSSPATCH !!

Interesting , that I did not call anyone a " fool " like you said I did , as you must be a CHOLERIC writer !:chuckle::chuckle:

DAN P

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

dan p

I said
Jesus will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and condemnation(fire)
Matt 3:10-11
10 "And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
11 "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
(NKJ)

John 5:29
29 "and come forth-- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
(NKJ)